Duke4.net Forums: eduke32 and YANG? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eduke32 and YANG?

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

It's been a while since I used YANG and played Duke online, and I've been playing Doom II online lately, so I thought I'd give it a shot. First of all, before anyone mentions for me to go use xDuke, I have very bad in-game discolorations that I've tried everything to try and correct (doesn't happen in windowed mode though, only in fullscreen), so that's out.

The last time I used YANG was with version 0.84 and currently it's 0.90, and I noticed some differences, but I'll ask about that later. Before when I had YANG and eduke32, I had to start the game and then when people join, they'd go directly to the game as it was glitchy when starting directly. I've tried that, and people just joined and left and didn't go in-game at all. So I tried the regular way, people just joined and left >.<. So I have no idea what works or what doesn't work. So if someone could point me in the general direction here, that'd be greatly appreciated.

The other thing I want to ask about is the new options. You can choose between the connection type, P2P, Master\Slave, and Server\Client. Right now I'm running on a laptop with WiFi, so it's not too great for Master\Slave and Server\Client. I want know how to get P2P working. As I noticed when I started it with P2P it started the game in single player mode (I noticed no multiplayer specific weapons) without monsters, and yet it worked normal with Server\Client.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Edit: I figured out a fix for the discoloration issue with xDuke >.<. Although I'd still like to use eduke32.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 22 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

View PostSpirrwell, on 22 May 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:

It's been a while since I used YANG and played Duke online, and I've been playing Doom II online lately, so I thought I'd give it a shot. First of all, before anyone mentions for me to go use xDuke, I have very bad in-game discolorations that I've tried everything to try and correct (doesn't happen in windowed mode though, only in fullscreen), so that's out.

The last time I used YANG was with version 0.84 and currently it's 0.90, and I noticed some differences, but I'll ask about that later. Before when I had YANG and eduke32, I had to start the game and then when people join, they'd go directly to the game as it was glitchy when starting directly. I've tried that, and people just joined and left and didn't go in-game at all. So I tried the regular way, people just joined and left >.<. So I have no idea what works or what doesn't work. So if someone could point me in the general direction here, that'd be greatly appreciated.

The other thing I want to ask about is the new options. You can choose between the connection type, P2P, Master\Slave, and Server\Client. Right now I'm running on a laptop with WiFi, so it's not too great for Master\Slave and Server\Client. I want know how to get P2P working. As I noticed when I started it with P2P it started the game in single player mode (I noticed no multiplayer specific weapons) without monsters, and yet it worked normal with Server\Client.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Edit: I figured out a fix for the discoloration issue with xDuke >.<. Although I'd still like to use eduke32.

After a year of using YANG for all sort of things, you may need to use xDuke. I love Eduke32 and xDuke, but for Multiplayer, every seems to stick with either xDuke or Hduke (I haven't used that in a long time). Just ask around YANG (People like Nudek, and BIG OLG BOY know why) to see why they prefer xDuke.

• tile 1018

View Postoporix, on 22 May 2011 - 09:36 PM, said:

After a year of using YANG for all sort of things, you may need to use xDuke. I love Eduke32 and xDuke, but for Multiplayer, every seems to stick with either xDuke or Hduke (I haven't used that in a long time). Just ask around YANG (People like Nudek, and BIG OLG BOY know why) to see why they prefer xDuke.

I know that xDuke works better online, but I like eduke32 better in general. Oh well, right now VinsaneOne is helping me out. So I'll post something if I get anywhere.

Edit: Okay I had better luck doing some LAN testing. With the newer versions of eduke32 you can't use P2P... Although I noticed something new, a person hosting a server can be connected to in the console via the command "connect IP#" That could be perfect for me almost. Is there a spectate mode that I can use? I don't expect so, but I figured I'd ask.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 22 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

View PostSpirrwell, on 22 May 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:

How did you do this? I had to run it windowed mode to achieve it, this was on Windows 7.

As for eduke, i'm pretty sure the latest versions of eduke aren't compatible with YANG.

You'd be better off trying out an older version, but make sure the other players are running that version also.

Its much less hassle to go with xduke.

• tile 1018

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 25 May 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

How did you do this? I had to run it windowed mode to achieve it, this was on Windows 7.

As for eduke, i'm pretty sure the latest versions of eduke aren't compatible with YANG.

You'd be better off trying out an older version, but make sure the other players are running that version also.

Its much less hassle to go with xduke.

I got it to work with YANG with the newest version (eduke32 website). It worked great. As for xDuke discoloration, here: http://yang-online.com/
Attached Image: color.png

I can't believe I ever missed it.

Edit: When you patch it you may have to restart xDuke a few times and\or re-patch it.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 25 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

User is offline   Nudek 

View PostSpirrwell, on 25 May 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

I got it to work with YANG with the newest version (eduke32 website). It worked great. As for xDuke discoloration, here: http://yang-online.com/
Attachment color.png

I can't believe I ever missed it.

Edit: When you patch it you may have to restart xDuke a few times and\or re-patch it.

I found the patch does not work. It appears it is hit and miss and a duke roll of the dice.

To run xDuke and fix the color problem (which affects Win 7 and Vista), a much simpler way is to open the screen resolution window. Problem solved. Full explanation on my website.

Hopefully they can correct this in the next xDuke release.

This post has been edited by Nudek: 06 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

• tile 1018

View PostNudek, on 06 June 2011 - 01:51 PM, said:

I found the patch does not work. It appears it is hit and miss and a duke roll of the dice.

To run xDuke and fix the color problem (which affects Win 7 and Vista), a much simpler way is to open the screen resolution window. Problem solved. Full explanation on my website.

Hopefully they can correct this in the next xDuke release.

That doesn't work for me, already tried it.

User is offline   mikroskeem 

how to use -forcegl command with yang(eduke32)?
I DONT WAN'T USE XDUKE BECAUSE MY GRAPICH IS SOO fu####
my computer grapich opengl is in eduke blacklist

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Perhaps you can still use xduke. If the problem with your graphics is that the colours are all messed up, then there's a fix for that on the YANG website: http://yang-online.com/

User is offline   Kyanos 

Another thing that should fix xDuke discoloring on Windows 7 is to close Explorer in the task manager. You can quickly fire it back up again after kicking some ass.
I assume your all out of bubble gum :D

This post has been edited by Drek: 23 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

User is offline   Corvin 

• King of the Lamers

Yang site down for everyone?

Also this page is so old, it needs an update:
http://www.moddb.com...e3d-multiplayer

and this one:
http://www.duke4.net....php?item.301.3

This post has been edited by Corvin: 23 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

User is offline   Steve 64 

it great while playing against duke bots but for online kind of a drag cause of the port forwarding plus the instant death kill in coop

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

I played on Yang before, for some reason I kept lagging it felt worse then Megaton. And some guy was speed hacking to I was like wtf.

User is offline   Steve 64 

That would be Roids he using

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 25 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options