User is offline   Doctalen 

Time killer I guess Zwie

User is offline   zwieback 

yep. :)
i lost interest in almost all games with duke coming out in a few days hehe

This post has been edited by zwieback: 24 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postzwieback, on 24 May 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

this is a good question. i think i might know the answer. the password is stored at some position in the encrypted text in form of some hashcode. sadly this hashcode isn't very unique and a lot of combination end up as this code (maybe a simple two digit hex for example). So we are able to "decrypt" it, while it in reality doesn't really encrypt it.

I don't think so that would be anywhere easy to break , because it's not just thrown up pieces of random letters imo , the site clearly says it uses "blowfish" method of algorithm.

So you can't decrypt it with some other method, or another version of the algorithm imo.

View PostDoctalen, on 24 May 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

I'm liking this Mr.Deviance so far. Seems like a straight to the point guy. Anyway Davox and Zwie probably know me from The gearbox forums. I'm thinking this is just a line of code if the OP can't tell us were it came from before Pastebin,

I know you, you're a 14 year old xbox player. Stop with pouring gasoline on this personal accusation/speculation that other's bring up for the drama of it.

The second sentence doesn't make sense as it didn't from the Deviance, he seeks impossible knowledge ... ask god for that , not me.

View PostLuther Blissett, on 24 May 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

maybe PC? or Computer? Something like that?

Well .... feels , it feels right , who would be asking such questions ... who are always asking such questions! :)

The magic 8 ball response .... i guess good.

Maybe the answer to the question is the password ?

or the answer to the question is the encrypted text :)

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postzwieback, on 24 May 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

or the answer to the question is the encrypted text :D

well how would those hints help the password then , that would be unbeatable , then would be no point of those text hints :)

User is offline   Hysler 

I was thinking that those ??? could be Duke or Duke Nukem or some variant of the name like DNKM or something. It fits with the questions well enough.

Is DNF going to be a genuine Duke Game?
Is it going to have the features the Duke community expects?

Yes and yes. Hi and welcome etc

new wrong matches: "shooter", "DNF", "sequel"

This post has been edited by zwieback: 24 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

User is offline   Hysler 

Two wrong matches "PC Gamer" and "gaming".

User is offline   Stewox 

I guess ... I'll be darn ... omg there seems to be something about this ...

Posted Image

Those "new line" designators surely .... well , whatever we did went down the drain :)

Spoiler

I removed all those 0A and 0D and this is the code output , and i hope this forum formatting doesn't make the line breaks

EDIT: No , this code in spoiler is broken as the forum makes "0A" and "0D"s ... so , meh.

I decided to upload the file it self http://www.mediafire...2cxiaorja3vphlp

This post has been edited by Stewox: 25 May 2011 - 01:03 AM

User is offline   Hysler 

Strange, I used the password "DNUNLOCK" and got this:

Spoiler

aah hysler - maybe you missed that one. The passwords i posted are passwords that are "correct" - but they don't decrypt it correctly. Like i said before, there are multiple passwords that work as valid passwords - but the decrpyted text won't be the correct one. To see what i mean you can try the following passwords:

DNUNLOCK
dnmonsters
dnrate
dncosmo
dncashman
debug
VCOSMO
HYPER
DNFCOSMO

User is offline   Hysler 

Ah okay, I assumed it would be different since Stewox removed all of those "0A" and "0D"s. I'll have to try some more later.

User is offline   Stewox 

Well i made myself a list of "cheat codes" - presuming it hints on a more wider spectrum of gaming terms and what was the paste questioning.

http://en.wikipedia....eo_game_culture

idk i just made my list of whatever could fall in that category

Spoiler

use CTRL V to paste inside the decryptor , it should work fine (line breakers are needed here of course)

This post has been edited by Stewox: 25 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

People, just use the decryptor (link on first or second site), then help with a few mintues a day ... then use my crypt.txt (be sure to delete the [FIXED] thing out) , we should have this in like days ... it can't be that hard, that hints wouldn't have been for no puprpose, well im one of those 3DR guys i was always positive and always tried to dig hints in everything !

i also recommend to go to the original pastebin, download the raw message (link on the top) and paste it into the crypt.txt

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postzwieback, on 26 May 2011 - 12:29 AM, said:

i also recommend to go to the original pastebin, download the raw message (link on the top) and paste it into the crypt.txt

it has line breaks , i think that the guy copied into pastebin , either pastebin made it or source output .. because i did a test with some paste , i pasted in the raw single line string.

here an example , ... this is what would it look like if the guy pasted "no lines" from NOTEPAD to pastebin (Notepad is weird, Wordpad shows the same as pastebin) ... but there is no lines still , i don't know about this kind of formatting. http://pastebin.com/CC6Tbq2a <--- if you look at RAW , it's one single line

Then ... it gets interesting , because this proves pastebin couldn't have done it by it self , so ... i guess it was copied from the output, here's the catch , the easy encryptor is probably with what the guy encrypted in the first place. presumably he copied from there and to pastebing , we don't know where else did he copy before pastebin, so it could be a wild guess, but this is the most probable: Posted Image

Now ... i copied the same into the crypt.txt , and the program makes CRASH ---> WHILE it WORKS on the website decryptor. ... do they automatically filter out line breakers ?

Then i encrypted somethnig my own , put it into notepad, copied to pastebin , and then copied to the online decrypter and it worked , but WAIT , as soon as i put that same encryption into crypt.txt , the program crashes on ANY kind of password.

So the program needs to have a cleaned version to work i guess. The site does that automatically imo.

It's not IMO ... i just cleaned this line breakers from my custom test encryption , and guess what , it works in the program, password correct and output is nice.

There you have it, fix the program :) ... but don't waste time , we have an easy fix to this already.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ALSO NOTE: minimum 4 letters is the password. And definitely not more than 10 letters for maximum (pure speculation) ... should have be too hard.

This post has been edited by Stewox: 26 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

Let's go guys , i written that list in a morning like in ... over a span of 3 hours not even typing all the time (doing other chores) ... it can't be that hard, as long as the hint suggest PC gaming community , well as much as i speculate but im going for this what im sure my self, can't be off by a mile.

I suggest posting what has already been tested to not work with the new "no lines" encryption, that whole list i tested today , interesting results, but no gold.

While i still feel kind of ... "i don't wanna see those spoilers man ;("

This post has been edited by Stewox: 26 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

hehe same here. i'm still trying :) but it's more the fun of trying and i don't know if i really wanna know what's written behind that thing :D

User is offline   Stewox 

Now it goes through my head.

What if the password is really something from the hint or spoiler or in connection with it.

Wouldn't be too off to guess, worth a try.

User is offline   Stewox 

Gone travel for weekend so no PC(posting through phone), but try these guys; i written just class A , you check the rest.

ClassA: dnexample
ClassB: DNexample
ClassC: DNExample
ClassD: DNEXAMPLE
ClassE* (that would be unfortunate, too hard?) dnExample

dnpig
dnpigs
dnass
dndota
dnmp
dnleet
dnresolution
dnwide
dnboot
dncoop
dnpoker
dnpinball
dnsettings
dncustom
dnoptions
dnadvanced
dnextreme
dntesselation
dnjukebox
dnxeno
dnprey
dnaccess
dnserver
dnwan
dngigabyte
dndukematch
dnvegas
dntools
dntweak
dncustomization
snsoundboard
dnventrilo
dn3dgameman
dn3dgm

The first one to check all please notify so other's don't waste time

This post has been edited by Stewox: 28 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

The game is just around the corner, I would advice just siting tight and wait for the game :angry:

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostDavoX, on 28 May 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

The game is just around the corner, I would advice just siting tight and wait for the game :angry:

E3 is before DNF ...

it will be a ... long 2 weeks

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

Somebody exposed me to some spoilers last night and I can say this... at least in sound design, DNF will be old skool sci-fi and bone chilling, It reminded me of DN3D too much. The music, though it seems completely synthesized, I'm sure it'll be great in creating either an eerie atmosphere or epic moments. Wait until you hear the ambient sounds, or what I think it was the octabrain, and the protozoid slimer. So, I don't know what is behind that encrypted code, but I can tell you that it seems this game will at least feel epic. I just hope I don't get banned for this, I didn't do anything ilegal. I'm not lying, you can watch my post history and see that I don't like to bullshit. If some mod-admin considers this post disrespectful to Gearbox, just delete it, I'm just praising the game and stating the fact that it will be HUGE.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 28 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

User is offline   randir14 

View PostFox Mulder, on 28 May 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Somebody exposed me to some spoilers last night and I can say this... at least in sound design, DNF will be old skool sci-fi and bone chilling, It reminded me of DN3D too much. The music, though it seems completely synthesized, I'm sure it'll be great in creating either an eerie atmosphere and epic moments. Wait untill you hear the ambient sounds, or what I think it was the octabrain, and the protozoid slimer. So, I don't know what is behind that encrypted code, but I can tell you that it seems this game will at least feel epic. I just hope I don't get banned for this, I didn't do anything ilegal. I'm not lying, you can watch my post history and see that I don't like to bullshit. If some mod-admin considers this post disrespecful to Gearbox, just delete it, I'm just praising the game and stating the fact that it will be HUGE.

Are you sure it was a protozoid slimer? I thought they were replaced by the octababies and bug things.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

I don't know randir, but it was the exact same squishy sound of DN3D.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 28 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

User is offline   You 

It's a copy and paste of more than one code. Certain parts show proper encryption, then the rest added on makes no sense. I sorted this as soon as the code was posted. Sorry for not replying, I didn't think anyone would take it seriously.

Edit, this is not referencing the comment right above me.

This post has been edited by You: 28 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostYou, on 28 May 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

It's a copy and paste of more than one code. Certain parts show proper encryption, then the rest added on makes no sense. I sorted this as soon as the code was posted. Sorry for not replying, I didn't think anyone would take it seriously.

I don't exactly get it what you actually did or what's about with "added makes no sense" ... you got all gibberish ? U need to use the crypt[FIXED].txt, download link from mediafire, put that into dukehax ... just as reminder.

What are certain parts ?

Other than that , i can post more lists, but i suggest others test it as well with more combinations. (you need to expand the list, writting 4 combinations for each, im not yet on my home PC to be able do to anything other than forums )

This post has been edited by Stewox: 28 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

User is offline   You 

View PostStewox, on 28 May 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

I don't exactly get it what you actually did or what's about with "added makes no sense" ... you got all gibberish ? U need to use the crypt[FIXED].txt, download link from mediafire, put that into dukehax ... just as reminder.

What are certain parts ?

Other than that , i can post more lists, but i suggest others test it as well with more combinations. (you need to expand the list, writting 4 combinations for each, im not yet on my home PC to be able do to anything other than forums )

It's a few codes broken up and stuck together. I will not post any more in this thread and think someone should close it.

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostYou, on 28 May 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

It's a few codes broken up and stuck together. I will not post any more in this thread and think someone should close it.

so you're saying you found the password or .. what ?

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options