Duke4.net Forums: I'll be darn ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'll be darn !  "super spoiler alert"

User is offline   zwieback 

hehe i added the header and the footer. now not a single password does match. i think it might be correct now .... only problem is that i don't know the correct password :)

User is offline   Stewox 

omg i think i got it

>>> Wrong header (partially missing ; only top , only bottom) == CRASH
>>> No Header == CRASH
>>> Header = No passwords correct

I didn't get any password gibberish though ... yet , dunno how you managed to get gibberish

I think the gibberish is just some output but it doesn't crash ... we don't really know what's right from the program and how it behaves, i wouldn't bet on that

did you checked about line breaks ?

This post has been edited by Stewox: 23 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

I am still waiting for somebody (preferably Stewox) to tell me what the fuck are we all doing in this topic and what the heck are we attempting to decrypt?
Where did this encrypted text come from. Can anybody give me a short answer to this question or is this too much to ask?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Did you check the first questions? Maybe the password is 3DR or FPS? like... Is DNF going to be a genuine FPS Game?

Dunno just brainstorming here.

View PostDavoX, on 23 May 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Did you check the first questions? Maybe the password is 3DR or FPS? like... Is DNF going to be a genuine FPS Game?

Dunno just brainstorming here.

As long as Stewox is the guy that brought this encrypted text up by making this topic, he should be the one to give us more information about the source of this text.
Unless he provides more info on this text and plays his "teasing" game, I have all reasons to call this a fake and a bad joke made by Stewox until he can prove that it's real or until he can provide some information about it's origin.
Right?

right.

can you tell us where you found that exactly? it certainly doesn't come from pastebin - was it a metatag on boob-tube? or where did you find it. it also could help to find clues for the password.

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postzwieback, on 23 May 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

right.

can you tell us where you found that exactly? it certainly doesn't come from pastebin - was it a metatag on boob-tube? or where did you find it. it also could help to find clues for the password.

it's pastebin , whateverelse do i know how it got there , or somebody might took it from 4chan or wherever , i might had a broken formatting before it even got to pastebin

i will have a closer look at those codes and line breaks, it's just bugging me all the time cause , we cant really decipher anything if you just entered wrong formatting into the crypt field ,

who doesn't want to tease ... i don't want this get broken too soon :)

This post has been edited by Stewox: 23 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

View PostStewox, on 23 May 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

it's pastebin , whateverelse do i know how it got there

So you found it on pastebin by chance and you don't know anything about it's origin?
If that's true then what we have here is as cool as T-Rex shit! It might be 13 million years old but it's still shit!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 May 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

So you found it on pastebin by chance and you don't know anything about it's origin?
If that's true then what we have here is as cool as T-Rex shit! It might be 13 million years old but it's still shit!

[Who is this guy , does he seriously talk like that all the time]

what's with the attitude

you're jumping to conslusions, im as eager to find out, but at the same time i don't like spoilers :)

This post has been edited by Stewox: 23 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

View PostStewox, on 23 May 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

[Who is this guy , does he seriously talk like that all the time]

what's with the attitude

you're jumping to conslusions, im as eager to find out, but at the same time i don't like spoilers

Yeah I am always like that. Welcome to the interrogatory take a seat and don't let that bright lamp burn your eyes just yet!
I have an attitude alright. I don't like jokers that make topics to tease people with shit that's not theirs.
I am trying to expose you for the fake that you are whilst offering you the chance to explain yourself and what are you up to with this topic?
Are you illiterate or are you just under the impression that all of us here are dumb asses that are falling for your stupid jokes?

I am giving you one last chance to tell us where did you get that text, or I will call this fake.
I don't want to be spoiled either but if you have something to show, tell me where the fuck did you get it from if you want me to believe you have something solid there.
Any 12 year old can come up with an encrypted text and then post it and claim that it's serious shit.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 23 May 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yeah I am always like that. Welcome to the interrogatory take a seat and don't let that bright lamp burn your eyes just yet!
I have an attitude alright. I don't like jokers that make topics to tease people with shit that's not theirs.
I am trying to expose you for the fake that you are whilst offering you the chance to explain yourself and what are you up to with this topic?
Are you illiterate or are you just under the impression that all of us here are dumb asses that are falling for your stupid jokes?

I am giving you one last chance to tell us where did you get that text, or I will call this fake.
I don't want to be spoiled either but if you have something to show, tell me where the fuck did you get it from if you want me to believe you have something solid there.
Any 12 year old can come up with an encrypted text and then post it and claim that it's serious shit.

atleast im helping to decipher it ... don't u notice that ?

you're not even trying, while others did

I have not made this thread for the pastebin , i made it for the vids ... which got removed because they're too cool, (and respect) i stopped making vids for an obvious reason = i found too many spoilers EVEN I didn't wanted to see , plus busy on this pastebin now

This post has been edited by Stewox: 23 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostStewox, on 23 May 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

atleast im helping to decipher it ... don't u notice that ?

Sure I do but you are still not tell us where did it originate from.
Why not?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Stewox. How is it possible that you got the file from Pastebin? You showed us this encrypted code on may 21 and the file on pastebin has been upped on may 23rd. Something doesn't add up. Care to explain?

Also the thing you posted on may 21 is different than may 23. Specially in the part "more info at www..." whereas in the pastebin it says "more info at 3245263463463"

This post has been edited by DavoX: 23 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

View PostDavoX, on 23 May 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Stewox. How is it possible that you got the file from Pastebin? You showed us this encrypted code on may 21 and the file on pastebin has been upped on may 23rd. Something doesn't add up. Care to explain?

Also the thing you posted on may 21 is different than may 23. Specially in the part "more info at www..." whereas in the pastebin it says "more info at 3245263463463"

I'm pretty sure I've exposed him by now. It's pretty obvious that he has nothing to say because this topic was most likely made for his amusement.

User is offline   Stewox 

Ahhh

there were 2 pastebins , i forgot the first one , since i was working on another computer , i took that from first paste , a few days later the new paste came along with this info , there was no bottom header in first paste , the www is what I added my self , because i searched the web for this encryptor and found the site and it's online encryptor ...

EDIT: going to sleep now ... keep doing good work.

I will finish about line breaking tomoroow ..

This post has been edited by Stewox: 23 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

use TextPad for everything related to hardcore text modification

ok let's pretend it is real:

if you go to http://text.encrypt-easy.com/ and encrypt a custom text, you can remove the header and footer and the decryption still works perfect. so i'm going to remove those lines.

anyway, with that i got several matches, but no decrypted text makes any sense. it could be however, that the decrypted text is still encrypted somehow (simple shift in the ascii table for example, which gets real funny with different encodings)

This post has been edited by zwieback: 24 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

my bet is on DNUNLOCK or debug at the moment

still pretty sure it is the right password, but pastebin somehow fucked up the encrypted text. you can figure that out by yourself by simply encrypt a test text and manipulate the encrypted string and constantly decrypting it. it takes a lot of damage until the password doesn't match anymore.

oh here is the pastebin source i found on google from the 21st.

http://pastebin.com/c7fxF64b

This post has been edited by zwieback: 24 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

How much of the gibberish there is anyways, just those 2 lines ?

EDIT: making those line break thingies now , im not sure , but let's give it a try

This post has been edited by Stewox: 24 May 2011 - 03:22 AM

like i said, once we get the encrypted string right the output should be correct. DNUNLOCK or debug :)

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postzwieback, on 24 May 2011 - 03:35 AM, said:

like i said, once we get the encrypted string right the output should be correct. DNUNLOCK or debug :)

the point is , if the gibberis is output only those few lines , it's not the code you seek , it's not enouugh , this is quite a long text and what that gibberish is is just some program error or what ,

what about making a list of passwords ...what we already tried ..

if that hints are that it's a "duke cheat code" it's gonna be either

DNCHEAT
DNcheat
DNCheat
dncheat

This post has been edited by Stewox: 24 May 2011 - 03:56 AM

View PostStewox, on 24 May 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

the point is , if the gibberis is output only those few lines , it's not the code you seek , it's not enouugh , this is quite a long text and what that gibberish is is just some program error or what ,

what about making a list of passwords ...what we already tried ..

if that hints are that it's a "duke cheat code" it's gonna be either

DNCHEAT
DNcheat
DNCheat
dncheat

good suggestions.. this is the list i'm currently trying

Spoiler

new matches: DNKroz and DNCashman

User is offline   Stewox 

I suggest we should examine what the messeage is all about what does it mean the first sentences of pastebin ... maybe the pass is something implying to ?

Anyways , i don't think it's existing cheatcode because it would have been broken by now ... and also i think there's a minimum character limit for a password on the site ... it think , i'll be back later when i get home i'll do the line breaking i suspect.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

How can there be more than one match if it was made with that website? it only supports one password.

Could it be that it is a file encrypted several times?

this is a good question. i think i might know the answer. the password is stored at some position in the encrypted text in form of some hashcode. sadly this hashcode isn't very unique and a lot of combination end up as this code (maybe a simple two digit hex for example). So we are able to "decrypt" it, while it in reality doesn't really encrypt it.

User is offline   Doctalen 

I'm liking this Mr.Deviance so far. Seems like a straight to the point guy. Anyway Davox and Zwie probably know me from The gearbox forums. I'm thinking this is just a line of code if the OP can't tell us were it came from before Pastebin,

so far it is indeed - but like i said, i like to do such things - so why not :)

stewox:

"Is DNF going to be a genuine ??? Game?
Is it going to have the features ??? community expects?

Magic 8 Ball speaks:

outlook good"

the ??? spaces.. why? which words fit in there?

maybe PC? or Computer? Something like that?

This post has been edited by Luther Blissett: 24 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options