Duke4.net Forums: 2008 Games Lists Begin Making Rounds....no Duke Nukem Forever......... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2008 Games Lists Begin Making Rounds....no Duke Nukem Forever.........

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Got the new "Games for Windows" magazine today in the mail and they have a
Top 10 games of 2008 article in it. Most gaming publications will now start doing these lists as is common at the end of each year looking towards the upcoming year.

No Duke Nukem Forever mention at all.

The games listed: Fallout 3, Stalker: Clear Sky, Far Cry 2, WoW: WotLC, Project
Origin, Borderlands, Starcraft 2, Rage, Dragon Age, Left 4 Dead.

DNF gets kicked in the teeth even harder when it doesnt even make their "Tardy Sheet"!

Those games: Spore, Alan Wake and Pirates of the Burning Sea.

So as this year closes out...hope begins to fade yet again on DNF.

2008 looks to be out the window at this point and now a 2009-2010 timeframe comes into focus.

User is offline   SyntaxN 

That doesn´t bother me. The gaming press basically hasn´t heared anything about the game since a long time. And if there was some kind of media internal DNF announcement they would have to shut up about it. Personally i´m more interested in the next couple of PC Gamer issues because they "unveiled" the game 2 times now, and always around christmas :)
I don´t want to jump to any conclusions here, just saying that it may mean nothing.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

What does Games for Windows know? Nothing we don't.
That is all I have to say on that.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Even if they would know, which they don't, they wouldn't be eglible to print anything that implicates anything regarding DNF.

I am FOREVER confident that we will see DNF this year, let's see in 2008 who was wrong and who was right :)

• Honored Donor

View Postpeoplessi, on Nov 15 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

I am FOREVER confident that we will see DNF this year, let's see in 2008 who was wrong and who was right :)

I really hope you're right, but I've lost count of how many years I felt that confident.

But I agree, I don't think GFW would know any better than the rest of us anyway.

User is offline   Lead 

There shouldn't be any surprise it isn't on any kind of list when they never provide any information, let alone estimates on when it could be out and don't show any real media either.

User is offline   MartyMcFly 

in 2007 we got some tiny screenshots. in 2008 we will get small screenshots

• Honored Donor

I threw this up over on the official forums but Im sure it wont last long over there as usual.

Here you go:

The newest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly has an article about game delays and it features a few of the well known games.

The small blurb mentions Duke Nukem Forever and has the new screenshot of Duke holding the 2 guns.

Below the picture it says that "3drealms says we will see the game in 2008".

It does not say in *what* context we will see the game ie: media or an actual release.

Now, did they ask for a comment from 3drealms regarding this article or is this another example of sloppy journalism?

Thought I would mention it but the thread probably wont last long here.

I would guess sloppy journalism, even IF we get to see DNF in 2008 it would STILL be sloppy journalism if they didn't get that info from 3D Realms. I doubt they got that info from 3D Realms which in turn makes me doubt that this is anything but sloppy journalism. You wouldn't happen to have a scan would you ?

• Honored Donor

View PostKristian Joensen, on Nov 17 2007, 06:47 AM, said:

I would guess sloppy journalism, even IF we get to see DNF in 2008 it would STILL be sloppy journalism if they didn't get that info from 3D Realms. I doubt they got that info from 3D Realms which in turn makes me doubt that this is anything but sloppy journalism. You wouldn't happen to have a scan would you ?

No scanner, sorry.

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Nov 17 2007, 06:36 AM, said:

Sure. Thumbnail screenshot #4 on December 31, 2008 most likely.

Still, if they don't do something pretty soon, they're gonna be a generation behind (again), and dive into feature creep mode (again), and then I guess we'll just keep posting gripes about it (again). :)

View Postkaisersoze, on Nov 17 2007, 12:36 PM, said:

I threw this up over on the official forums but Im sure it wont last long over there as usual.

Here you go:

The newest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly has an article about game delays and it features a few of the well known games.

The small blurb mentions Duke Nukem Forever and has the new screenshot of Duke holding the 2 guns.

It does not say in *what* context we will see the game ie: media or an actual release.

Now, did they ask for a comment from 3drealms regarding this article or is this another example of sloppy journalism?

Thought I would mention it but the thread probably wont last long here.

A new thumbnail or an old one????

• Honored Donor

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Nov 17 2007, 09:13 AM, said:

A new thumbnail or an old one????

The old one with Duke holding 2 guns.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

View Postkaisersoze, on Nov 17 2007, 03:36 AM, said:

That's just pathetic. You can talk about bullshit like "What should the full title be" but you are not allowed to talk about a snippet from a magazine even though it does not violate the rules in any way...

Anyway, I don't think they are that wrong at all. I'm pretty sure we'll see DNF in 2008. Still "see" doesn't mean "play". :)

• Honored Donor

View PostNihilanth, on Nov 18 2007, 08:20 AM, said:

That's just pathetic. You can talk about bullshit like "What should the full title be" but you are not allowed to talk about a snippet from a magazine even though it does not violate the rules in any way...

Amen! If all they're gonna allow over there is "rah rah rah! Duke is God! 3DRealms is great! Rah rah rah!" then what's the point of having the forum open??? I know, it's their site and it's not a democracy, but even they gotta admit that if the current open threads are all you can have, then it's NOT REALLY A FORUM! Just lock it as read-only until people are actually allowed to speak. You know, kinda like in a . . . . . . . forum!!!

• Honored Donor

Well the thread was taken down. Not surprising really. I just wish they'd talk a bit more. Jeesh.

Can anyone who has the new Electronic Gaming Monthly scan and upload it?! Please! :)

I searched for some info on the EGM site and i found this text for the new issue coming out around christmas :

It's the mother of all exclusives, about which we can tell you exactly...nothing. But we promise you'll want to pick up the January issue.

Combining this info with DNF mentioned in the last issue....hmm B)
But it reminds me alot of the announcement for Sim City Societies in the GfW Magazine. :) EGM surely want to sell more magazines by this announcement, but would be ubercool if they really have the first DNF exclusive story since the restart. just think of it, first the DNF cover story than on 22th December a trailer B)

• Honored Donor

Bah, humbug! Pigs still can't fly.

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Nov 19 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

Bah, humbug! Pigs still can't fly.

if you see it like that than you're right :)

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Posted Image

User is offline   Lead 

Yeah its retarded trying to post on a thread for a game where there is no information, and then have any threads having to do with published text about the game get deleted randomly.

They should just delete the forum because the only threads allowed to stay are ones where people just make shit up and post text based day dreams about what DNF might actually have or be.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I think the reference to seeing DNF in 2008 may be based on Georges comment that they would more than likely show something this year. They are taking that a step further than George actually said and saying that we will see the game next year.

Pigs fly, I've seen them flying. They are shoved in a crate and fly in a plane. Does that count?

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Flibbles, on Nov 19 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

Pigs fly, I've seen them flying. They are shoved in a crate and fly in a plane. Does that count?

No, silly - those are just flying crates. The pigs merely act as parasites in that case. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options