Duke4.net Forums: Locked end-level sector - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Locked end-level sector

User is offline   fgsfds 

I made end-level sector, placed activatorlocked sprite on it and made switch. Now, after map starting, when the switch is off, the end-level sector is active. If I turn the switch on with service message 'Unlocked', the sector become locked. Shouldn't it be on the contrary?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  map.rar (300bytes)
    Number of downloads: 178

This post has been edited by empy: 19 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postempy, on 19 May 2011 - 08:08 AM, said:

I made end-level sector, placed activatorlocked sprite on it and made switch. Now, after map starting, when the switch is off, the end-level sector is active. If I turn the switch on with service message 'Unlocked', the sector become locked. Shouldn't it be on the contrary?

Wait, are you saying it is possible to make an end-level sector that only ends the level after being unlocked? I have never heard of this before. Can you give an example of a map that uses that feature?

User is offline   fgsfds 

I attached this map.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postempy, on 19 May 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

I attached this map.

I saw that, but your description seems sufficient. Why don't you just have a TOUCHPLATE with the same tag earlier in the map, and force the player to use it before getting to the end-level sector? Then the sector should be locked when he reaches it.

But I'm still baffled as to why this effect would work at all.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Ok. I will make it with touchplate.

But I'm still baffled as to why this effect would work at all.

Why not? If activatorlocked locks sector's lotag, why it can't lock end-level sector's lotag?

User is offline   Hank 

I can not test this right now. - Try and pick the Slot Switch with the red mark, not the green one. Those switches determine the setting of a given state of an SE or in your case Activator. Green for pass and red for no go.

And bravo, this is might become a cool extra for tricky maps. Thanks for that dude. :)

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postempy, on 19 May 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

Ok. I will make it with touchplate.

Why not? If activatorlocked locks sector's lotag, why it can't lock end-level sector's lotag?

I had assumed that activatorlocked only worked on effects that used activators. I don't do any mapping myself, and my knowledge of these things is limited mostly to CON coding.

User is offline   Hank 

sorry for the extra post !! But I'm exited!!! :)

Ok, I tested some. What works is to place a touchplate on the same sector where the player starts. That turns the End-Level sector Off. Then another touchplate or switch can re-activate the End-Level sector, whenever. It does not seem to work unless a given switch was activated at least once, no matter what type of switch I tested it with or which start-up setting.

added
I tested with all switches types and on/off and I could not find a method to synchronize the screen prompt with the true state of the End-Level sector.

added
The simplest solution might be to switch the quote 4 and 8 in the User.con file, if it is only for a single map.

Bottom line – many thanks dude, I can't wait to fool some of the Old School Dukers with this.

This post has been edited by Hank: 19 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Hold on so an end-level sector can be made dormant? As in someone can cross over it many times, flick a switch, and then on the next crossing the level would end? That's heaps cool!

A good place to use the effect could be inside a landed alien spaceship, where Duke can go inside and look around, but he needs to go off and do something to power it up, and when he comes back, as soon as he steps into the ship again the level finishes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options