Duke4.net Forums: Why GB is left behind? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why GB is left behind?

User is offline   Xenobot 

  • 0

#1

 
Hi,
Why, O!, Why George Broussard is not involved in promotion of DNF?

He doesn't even show him self in "Duke Nukem History of a Legend" or any other interviews. WTF?
0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,794

#2

IMO George is taking a bit of a holiday, he's been working for the past 14 years on DNF and now he's taking a break. He's allowed to do that because legally he has nothing to do with Duke Nukem Forever anymore.

And welcome to the forums :unsure:

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

This post has been edited by Micky C: 18 May 2011 - 03:22 AM

0

User is offline   Engel220 

  • 130

#3

George is happy with not being in the spotlight, he spent so many years having to talk about it and now he's stepping back and letting the game come out. I could see him maybe promoting the game after release, I imagine it'll be a very special day for him, but right now he seems to like not having so much pressure on his shoulders (Not to mention he probably doesn't want to get lumbered with countless questions like "Why didn't you ask GBX for help sooner?" or "Why were you being so lazy all this time?").

Eyeball Seesaw.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 18 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

0

User is offline   Hank 

  • 2,181

#4

He is playing LA Noire, to busy for DNF, well, that's on twitter. :unsure:


If I where in his shoes I would take a break too. What are you gonna say, 'We were almost done but … ?' You either blame everyone else or yourself, in public? How many times? Nah. Thanks, but no thanks.

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher a.k.a. Thought Criminal.

This post has been edited by Hank: 18 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

0

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

  • 214

#5

He's busy gambling away all his money in Vegas. I'm not joking.
0

User is offline   DavoX 

  • Honored Donor
  • 739

#6

If the game ends up being great, he's the first person I'm going to say thanks to.

Wether we want to admit it or not, 90% of the game's been made with him as a supervisor.


This post has been edited by DavoX: 18 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

0

User is offline   DN4EVR 

  • 2

#7

We'll get to see him and say thanks....when it's done.....Yeaaaaaaaaaah!
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#8

View PostXenobot, on 18 May 2011 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hi,
Why, O!, Why George Broussard is not involved in promotion of DNF?

He doesn't even show him self in "Duke Nukem History of a Legend" or any other interviews. WTF?

Because everybody curses him for DNF being delayed all of these years.
2

User is offline   Jhect 

  • -111

#9

View PostMr.Deviance, on 18 May 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Because everybody curses him for DNF being delayed all of these years.


People are kind huh? And wtf is it with your avatars? Looks like some sort of retarded jungle dude.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 18 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

-3

User is offline   Splat 

  • Eat Shit and...
  • 69

  #10

George rules, no matter what. :unsure: ;)

Duke4.net Graphics Whore
0

User is offline   ferran275 

  • 51

#11

View PostSplat, on 18 May 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

George rules, no matter what. :unsure: ;)

agreed, George RAWKS! :D

Posted Image
0

User is offline   DN4EVR 

  • 2

#12

View PostSplat, on 18 May 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

George rules, no matter what. :unsure: ;)

Including all the engine changes and stalling the release?
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#13

View PostJhect, on 18 May 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

And wtf is it with your avatars? Looks like some sort of retarded jungle dude.

The fact that you don't know an OMF 2097 character, proves that you are a noob kid or a nongamer.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 18 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

0

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

  • 390

#14

View PostMr.Deviance, on 18 May 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

The fact that you don't know an OMF 2097 character, proves that you are a noob kid or a nongamer.
(Look at the first directory in this image)
Posted Image

(if you look further down you will see OMF2097 as well)

MrBlackCat

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 18 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

1

User is offline   ferran275 

  • 51

#15

View PostJhect, on 18 May 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

People are kind huh? And wtf is it with your avatars? Looks like some sort of retarded jungle dude.



View PostMr.Deviance, on 18 May 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

The fact that you don't know an OMF 2097 character, proves that you are a noob kid or a nongamer.



View PostMrBlackCat, on 18 May 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

(Look at the first directory in this image)
Posted Image

(if you look further down you will see OMF2097 as well)

MrBlackCat


Every time you change it Deviance we get like fifty people asking what the hell it is! :unsure:

back on topic: I literally cannot WAIT for the game to come out so I can send George a thank you note. He's the first person in the gaming industry that I ever made contact with and got me thinking about how games are made by 'people' and not just giant corporate machines. It's really going to be an awesome day ;)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ferran275: 18 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

0

User is offline   Jhect 

  • -111

#16

View PostMr.Deviance, on 18 May 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

The fact that you don't know an OMF 2097 character, proves that you are a noob kid or a nongamer.


Explain to me what a noob kid is in real life xD

And it seems that you are the one who plays weirdo games :unsure:
-2

#17

View PostJhect, on 19 May 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

Explain to me what a noob kid is in real life xD

And it seems that you are the one who plays weirdo games :unsure:


They were not weirdo games when they came out. That would explain to you what a noob kid is. A young person who is labeling as weird something that is not from his times.
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#18

View PostLuther Blissett, on 19 May 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

They were not weirdo games when they came out. That would explain to you what a noob kid is. A young person who is labeling as weird something that is not from his times.

Thanks for telling him for me. I hesitated to tell him myself because I am under the impression that he is attempting to troll.
0

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

  • 390

#19

View PostJhect, on 19 May 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

Explain to me what a noob kid is in real life xD

And it seems that you are the one who plays weirdo games ;)
Well... at the risk of any association with Mr.Deviance, I play a lot of weirdo games actually. More than anyone I know. :unsure:

On Topic:
I wonder if George goes into the office each day?
Don't get me wrong, part of me wants to kick him in the balls, but that part is mostly inner child because I really don't know the whole story.
I don't think any of us hasn't had some crap in our lives turn into a giant snowball rolling down hill... GB's snowball turned in an avalanche and a big difference is that we all know about his "mistakes".

But I don't take it personal.

I do ask myself often however... I wonder if he learned from those mistakes? I compare this to the mistakes of John Romero. I like a lot of what I know of John R and George B, but their egos can't be denied as big... which can complicate things a bit. It gets into the whole balance of Confidence vs Arrogance... complicated is what I mean. So complicated I would not pass judgement without a disclaimer pointing out the opinion is based on a very outside view. I don't consider my views have enough evidence to demonize either of them.

I have never met George B, or John R but if I ever did, I would only congratulate them for what I do know they did right, play major roles in creating some of the most inspiring games I have ever played. But I would not bash on them about "their failures" because I don't know first hand what produced the end results we all so easily say "they did wrong".

MrBlackCat

Posted Image
1

User is offline   zwieback 

  • 78

#20

once we play dnf, we will know if GB did it wrong. He's still my hero.

"Some people are “for” things. They are for Freedom, or for technical superiority, or for a sports team, or whatever. Some people are “against” things. They are against political candidates, or Games, or people from certain places, or whatever. Some people define themselves on the basis of what they want, others on the basis of what they do not want."
1

User is offline   X-Vector 

  • 417

#21

View PostMrBlackCat, on 19 May 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:

I have never met George B, or John R but if I ever did, I would only congratulate them for what I do know they did right, play major roles in creating some of the most inspiring games I have ever played. But I would not bash on them about "their failures" because I don't know first hand what produced the end results we all so easily say "they did wrong".


You do know first hand what produced the end results on which basis we all so easily say "they did right"?
1

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

  • 390

#22

View PostX-Vector, on 20 May 2011 - 01:52 AM, said:

You do know first hand what produced the end results on which basis we all so easily say "they did right"?
No, but there are differences between a negative and positive assumption.

We reasonably know that he made Duke Nukem 3D and much of Duke Nukem Forever is all I mean.
I give MORE benefit of doubt before I attack someone is my point.

In a physical attack, I don't pound someone because I THINK they are going to attack me. When it is my direct observation (like a swing) then I am sure, and I will defend myself. So in a situation like this with George B, I only think he screwed up... but there is very easily a lot more to it than that. So I choose not to attack him.

I am more comfortable with positive incorrect assumptions than negative incorrect assumptions... many of the attacks seem no different than witch burnings to me.

MrBlackCat

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 20 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

0

User is offline   themaniacboy 

  • 92

#23

View PostMr.Deviance, on 19 May 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

Thanks for telling him for me. I hesitated to tell him myself because I am under the impression that he is attempting to troll.


Woow mr.deviance, how come you are in red ?
A few days ago you were in 30+ i believe.

Also, GB isn't involved in it anymore since 2k games sued 3DRealms.
After that, he was only checking on his game how it is going.

It is a part of his life, you know.
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#24

View Postthemaniacboy, on 20 May 2011 - 06:03 AM, said:

Woow mr.deviance, how come you are in red ?
A few days ago you were in 30+ i believe.

I pissed off TX and I got raped...
Don't worry, I had it coming though.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 20 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

0

User is offline   themaniacboy 

  • 92

#25

View PostMr.Deviance, on 20 May 2011 - 07:56 AM, said:

I pissed off the admin and I got punished.
Don't worry, I had it coming though.


May i ask why ?
Did you by any chance, call him a monkey ?
0

User is offline   Mr.Deviance 

  • 241

#26

View Postthemaniacboy, on 20 May 2011 - 07:59 AM, said:

May i ask why ?
Did you by any chance, call him a monkey ?

Move to pm if you want to know, let's not derail this.
0

User is offline   Person of Color 

  • Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland
  • 2,906

#27

View PostMrBlackCat, on 19 May 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:


I do ask myself often however... I wonder if he learned from those mistakes? I compare this to the mistakes of John Romero. I like a lot of what I know of John R and George B, but their egos can't be denied as big... which can complicate things a bit. It gets into the whole balance of Confidence vs Arrogance... complicated is what I mean. So complicated I would not pass judgement without a disclaimer pointing out the opinion is based on a very outside view. I don't consider my views have enough evidence to demonize either of them.

I have never met George B, or John R but if I ever did, I would only congratulate them for what I do know they did right, play major roles in creating some of the most inspiring games I have ever played. But I would not bash on them about "their failures" because I don't know first hand what produced the end results we all so easily say "they did wrong".

MrBlackCat


I've read Masters of Doom at least five times, as well as numerous old articles from when he was in his prime, and I posted on his message board for years.

There is something majorly wrong with Romero. I don't know what it is but I really think he has borderline personality disorder.

I don't think GB has a giant ego. He's just a really shitty project manager. I personally wouldn't compare the two.

Posted Image
There is no race, only racists.
Proud trigendered babysexual pan-Korean anarcho-transhumanist
Muslims are peaceful people oppressed by cis white males! Hillary for presidynt!
WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED BY DONALD TRUMP'S VIOLENCE!

This post has been edited by Descent: 20 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

0

User is offline   Splat 

  • Eat Shit and...
  • 69

  #28

I want George to register here, make one epic post like only he can, and then leave us all pwned and confused.

Duke4.net Graphics Whore
1

User is offline   Mikko 

  • Honored Donor
  • 710

#29

View PostDescent, on 20 May 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

I've read Masters of Doom at least five times, as well as numerous old articles from when he was in his prime, and I posted on his message board for years.

There is something majorly wrong with Romero. I don't know what it is but I really think he has borderline personality disorder.

I don't think GB has a giant ego. He's just a really shitty project manager. I personally wouldn't compare the two.


I too have read the book and read plenty of Romero's blog posts, forum posts, tweets etc. I think he's just passionate about what he does.

| MSDN: The best Duke3D usermap review site | | BLOG | | Fate Reversal ModDB |
Posted Image
0

User is offline   Hank 

  • 2,181

#30

View PostSplat, on 20 May 2011 - 11:24 AM, said:

I want George to register here, make one epic post like only he can, and then leave us all pwned and confused.

Invite him! :)

They would ban him at Gearbox because he knows to much for their taste, and the forum is heavily censored, but here, he can be himself! :)

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher a.k.a. Thought Criminal.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options