Duke4.net Forums: Nukem, Duke Nukem - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nukem, Duke Nukem

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I have noticed a lot lately that we've been focusing on leaks, Gearbox, 2k, and whatever. I thought that it would be appropriate to start a topic about what or should I say, WHO really matters.

I mean come on, we're all (well most of us are) here for the same thing, Duke Nukem, specifically Duke Nukem Forever. The king is finally coming back. I don't want to hear about Gearbox releasing the demo on June 3rd for FAC, I don't want to hear that Gearbox is to blame for disappointments, I don't want hear about some leaks, I want to hear about the fucking king. Just say anything about the king and his new game, even a simple salute would be fine. Contribute anything, art, music, whatever it may be for Duke Nukem\Duke Nukem Forever.

We can't forget who really matters out of all of this, our hero, our king, Duke Nukem.

I'm sorry if some people think that this is a stupid idea, but I think Duke Nukem deserves the spotlight here now that we're closing in on the last days before we finally get to see him back in action.

Hail to the king baby!

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSpirrwell, on 17 May 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

I have noticed a lot lately that we've been focusing on leaks, Gearbox, 2k, and whatever. I thought that it would be appropriate to start a topic about what or should I say, WHO really matters.

I mean come on, we're all (well most of us are) here for the same thing, Duke Nukem, specifically Duke Nukem Forever. The king is finally coming back. I don't want to hear about Gearbox releasing the demo on June 3rd for FAC, I don't want to hear that Gearbox is to blame for disappointments, I don't want hear about some leaks, I want to hear about the fucking king. Just say anything about the king and his new game, even a simple salute would be fine. Contribute anything, art, music, whatever it may be for Duke Nukem\Duke Nukem Forever.

We can't forget who really matters out of all of this, our hero, our king, Duke Nukem.

I'm sorry if some people think that this is a stupid idea, but I think Duke Nukem deserves the spotlight here now that we're closing in on the last days before we finally get to see him back in action.

Hail to the king baby!

:)

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

I agree. I have found this new kickass Grabbag cover(based on the Nintendo 64 version).

Hail to The King, baby.

p.s. The covers of that guy are nice, I also liked the Battletoads and the Passport.mid ones, lol.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 18 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Man, why is it the 64 version looks so much better than the standard PC version. :\ The car at the street in the beginning for instance, and a better looking gun too.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostDN4EVR, on 17 May 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

Man, why is it the 64 version looks so much better than the standard PC version. :\ The car at the street in the beginning for instance, and a better looking gun too.

"Looks so much better"... I contest that. There are some very obvious glitches in the game's graphical engine, such as sprites appearing in the walls. Some things look better, like being able to see the street from the rooftop, but apart from that some textures look either mismatched or out-of-place.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 17 May 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

"Looks so much better"... I contest that. There are some very obvious glitches in the game's graphical engine, such as sprites appearing in the walls. Some things look better, like being able to see the street from the rooftop, but apart from that some textures look either mismatched or out-of-place.

Meh, it still looks better.

User is offline   Engel220 

Too much fretting about small things and whether or not GBX ruined 3DR's game (Some people have been spouting that), I'm glad someone's actually made a thread where we can ignore that nitpicking crap. DNF's gonna be the same old Duke we love but with much more to offer thanks to new technology.

User is offline   ch108 

Some aspects of Duke 64 look a little better, but they took all the naughty stuff out and I ask you "What is Duke without all the naughty stuff?".

Anyway I salute Duke and hope he brakes a broomhandle off in the ass of mediocrity.

Nobody humps a wall like Duke does :) :

Ventrilo 3.0

User is offline   coheed82 

Good to see this here. I honestly have been in a negative mindset lately towards dnf, and its hard to step back when your right up close, so having taken a breather, and seen this thread ill post my positive things here :D
:D
I'll gladly contribute Art as i come up with it, im good @ drawing ya see.. ill attach some art here so ya'll can see what im capable of. Ive some ideas floating around in my head but its hard to pinpoint exactly what i'll create. :) Also just want to say that our king will be here soon, and its bloody great! Finally a true step up from the duke nukem 3d of 1996.
Yes this game will have it's serious side, but the humor is whats its all about, killin' Alien scum and chewi'n gum! I'll be just stuffing around on my first playthrough, taking in the vista's, thrown' shit all over the place lol, :D trying to find some sweet easter eggs, hitting the gym, and enjoying the awesome cut-scenes that were not possible back in 1996.. just to name afew things.. :D

HAIL TO THE KING DUKE4.NET! :(

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 100_0389.JPG
  • Attached Image: anakin.jpg
  • Attached Image: ashe.jpg
  • Attached Image: bbee.jpg
  • Attached Image: dragons.jpg
  • Attached Image: monaro.jpg
  • Attached Image: my montage.jpg
  • Attached Image: prime.jpg
  • Attached Image: residentevil5.jpg
  • Attached Image: snake.jpg
  • Attached Image: snakemgs2.jpg
  • Attached Image: transformers.jpg

User is offline   ch108 

View Postcoheed82, on 18 May 2011 - 12:15 AM, said:

Good to see this here. I honestly have been in a negative mindset lately towards dnf, and its hard to step back when your right up close, so having taken a breather, and seen this thread ill post my positive things here :D
I'll gladly contribute Art as i come up with it, im good @ drawing ya see.. ill attach some art here so ya'll can see what im capable of. Ive some ideas floating around in my head but its hard to pinpoint exactly what i'll create. :) Also just want to say that our king will be here soon, and its bloody great! Finally a true step up from the duke nukem 3d of 1996.
Yes this game will have it's serious side, but the humor is whats its all about, killin' Alien scum and chewi'n gum! I'll be just stuffing around on my first playthrough, taking in the vista's, thrown' shit all over the place lol, :D trying to find some sweet easter eggs, hitting the gym, and enjoying the awesome cut-scenes that were not possible back in 1996.. just to name afew things.. :D

Nice have you done one of Duke yet?

If not it could be something to pass the time.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 17 May 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

The sprite clipping through the walls is a depth bug that only occurs during emulation, it doesn't happen on the real N64 hardware at all.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 18 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

User is offline   Middy 

View PostStrikerMan780, on 18 May 2011 - 04:45 AM, said:

The sprite clipping through the walls is a depth bug that only occurs during emulation, it doesn't happen on the real N64 hardware at all.

Yep your right, I originally was a console gamer before I became a PC gamer and duke64 was how I got into PC gaming along side C&C / Warcraft and shadow warrior.

DNF will bring back the fun, anything else is going to be a bonus.

View Postcoheed82, on 18 May 2011 - 12:15 AM, said:

I love it, could you please do one with noctis and his team mates :D I am really looking forward for that game, and i am sure you are too :P

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Two posts to the board in 3 hours........and like 10 viewing. Gawd people r mutes on here it seems.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostDN4EVR, on 18 May 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

Two posts to the board in 3 hours........and like 10 viewing. Gawd people r mutes on here it seems.
Some people have responsibilities though...
I'm working... might be a few hours, might be a few days. Can't tell yet. Much to do. Can't post.
When there are fewer posts I might think "people are likely busy with things far more important than typing on a game forum".
But your post wasn't necessarily negative either.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 18 May 2011 - 09:12 AM, said:

Some people have responsibilities though...
I'm working... might be a few hours, might be a few days. Can't tell yet. Much to do. Can't post.
When there are fewer posts I might think "people are likely busy with things far more important than typing on a game forum".
But your post wasn't necessarily negative either.

MrBlackCat

Thanks...it's just I see like 20 people viewing the forum and no posts for like hours and i'm like "Wtf?!?"

View PostDN4EVR, on 18 May 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

Thanks...it's just I see like 20 people viewing the forum and no posts for like hours and i'm like "Wtf?!?"
Some are bots... none are mine. I don't log this site.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 18 May 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

Some are bots... none are mine. I don't log this site.

MrBlackCat

So they're ZOMBIES?!? :)

Duke, save usssss!

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 18 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDN4EVR, on 18 May 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

Duke, save usssss!

you're troll? I'm sick in bed 'cause I insured my back. I open browser it opens to messenger, google, duke4.net. and so on. I follow this forum with Firebug, so I'm very slow. Makes sense? Probably not. Anyway.

To first post All Hail Duke! :D

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostHank, on 18 May 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

you're troll? I'm sick in bed 'cause I insured my back. I open browser it opens to messenger, google, duke4.net. and so on. I follow this forum with Firebug, so I'm very slow. Makes sense? Probably not. Anyway.

To first post All Hail Duke! :D

No, not a troll...and sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully you'll be feeling better when DNF comes out? :)

I just like talking to my fellow Duke fans, and yes Hail to the King, Baby!

My personal favorite rendition of Grabbag. Just feels so right.

User is offline   Engel220 

I still like MusicallyInspired's version the most, it just seems to work in every area in my opinion. Megatron's wasn't bad either, it was raw, simplistic and flowed well.

User is online   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

My personal favorite rendition of Grabbag. Just feels so right.

Yeah, it's raw, fast and a bit grungy. Love it.

Hail to the king, baby.

View PostDN4EVR, on 18 May 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

Duke, save usssss!
There are a lot of monitoring programs for sites of all types though... on public forums like this I would estimate 75%+ of the Guests are just monitors of some type.

I was writing AI Chat-Bots back in the Commodore 64 days. :(

Think of them as Aliens maybe... then Duke might save us. :D

I played the Shareware of Duke Nukem I for a while today... memory is fading somewhat. I swear I never remembered the ATST looking walkers were in the second level.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 18 May 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

There are a lot of monitoring programs for sites of all types though... on public forums like this I would estimate 75%+ of the Guests are just monitors of some type.

I was writing AI Chat-Bots back in the Commodore 64 days. :D

Think of them as Aliens maybe... then Duke might save us. :)

I played the Shareware of Duke Nukem I for a while today... memory is fading somewhat. I swear I never remembered the ATST looking walkers were in the second level.

MrBlackCat
I should totally play that old copy of DN1/II I downloaded(I own it on the DN3D Atomic disc but can't be arsed to remember where it was so I DLd a new one.). There were some awesome levels in DN II, and also some in DN I.

Also, it's good Duke protects us from the Aliens, but who will protect us from server zombies. 0.o

User is offline   ferran275 

Duke is about kicking ass and having a good time doing it, we whine and complain in all the other threads cuz we're here waiting for one thing, and we have really nothing better to do while we wait, but I assure you, once we get this game in our hands, everyone on this forum, even the naysayers! will have an ear to ear grin for a good long time, then once we've all played the SHIT out of it, beaten it 5 times a piece, gotten all achievements, gotten highest level in multiplayer, then maybe we'll all start to come back and nit pick the small stuff, and by then there'll probably be mods to fix all our little problems, I foresee an awesome fucking summer :D

thank you OP for bringing us back to 'the light' :)

Yipee Kai Ay, Mother ____!

I came, I saw, I kicked ass!

I think the debate about the leak is kind of unnecessary.
You know why or wanna know ?

Because everything that's in the leaked demo is what we've already seen 8 months ago anyway.
Also, it doesn't matter because it will take so little time but will be a so long wait before DNF comes out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options