Duke4.net Forums: Subway sector with subway train model on it - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Subway sector with subway train model on it  "subway model in sector"

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey i'm trying to make a subway that comes every 1 minute around like in max payne(example if you will). It's one train sector and i'm trying to put a real subway model in the sector but the model is acting all weird keeps dissapearing :) . Normaly this is possible right, i mean i have seen it somewhere before. Anyone who can help me with this problem?

Weird, i have never used those effects before o.O

Sorry can't help ya xD

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You'll have to provide more information. Maybe some pictures or a video of what's going on.

And Jhect if you can't help in situations like these then don't bother posting at all.

I think it's ok to post if you want to. But then again, if you don't want to read a post. Don't :")

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postdarkcaleb, on 15 May 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

Hey i'm trying to make a subway that comes every 1 minute around like in max payne(example if you will). It's one train sector and i'm trying to put a real subway model in the sector but the model is acting all weird keeps dissapearing :) . Normaly this is possible right, i mean i have seen it somewhere before. Anyone who can help me with this problem?

When determining whether to render the model, the engine checks the location of the sprite/model against those of the player/camera. If there is no line of sight between those locations, then the model does not get rendered. If the model is large, you may think it should be rendered because you should be able to see part of it, but what really matters is whether the center of the model (the map coords where you place it) can be seen from the current vantage point.

User is offline   Gambini 

Use a very big dummytile (at least big as the model) and make it relative to wall facing one of the sides of the subway car (not forwards, not backwards). Be sure the dummytile takes all the lenght of the sector. Lastly, set its statnum to 2 (f8 in 2d mode). The more times the train moves the more the model will be moved outside the sector, but that is noticeable just after 10l minutes of game or so.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options