Duke4.net Forums: Newbie Gamer Complaining - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newbie Gamer Complaining

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Posted Image
Not sure the title completely spells it out. Have you ever got into a new game, and online there's so many different mods, you go to one, and people want to kick and\or ban you because you don't entirely know what you are doing?

I'm going on this rant because it just happened to me about a half an hour ago. I decided to try out Doom II online, I found this very weird team deathmatch type mod. You had all these classes that you could choose from, you could buy different weapons, etc. I'm just starting to get the hang of it when my team decided they wanted to kick me for not listening to them, when I was just trying to figure out what the hell I was doing.

What was your experience when you were all new to games you've played?

View PostSpirrwell, on 15 May 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

Posted Image
Not sure the title completely spells it out. Have you ever got into a new game, and online there's so many different mods, you go to one, and people want to kick and\or ban you because you don't entirely know what you are doing?

I'm going on this rant because it just happened to me about a half an hour ago. I decided to try out Doom II online, I found this very weird team deathmatch type mod. You had all these classes that you could choose from, you could buy different weapons, etc. I'm just starting to get the hang of it when my team decided they wanted to kick me for not listening to them, when I was just trying to figure out what the hell I was doing.

What was your experience when you were all new to games you've played?

happens alot, DOTA is a great example of that

View Postduke4everman, on 15 May 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

happens alot, DOTA is a great example of that

Agreed. I'd put WoW there as well - "omg ur nt n fll purps wiv ilvl 60630476203 gr" (yes they minus the 'e' and 'a', or if completely retarded the '3' and the '4' :) ). Best thing I find is to just solo for the most part until I can find decent players. But as for Doom 2, its been a while thats for sure! Mind you, I have been replaying ol' Wolfy over the past few days so y'know...

Got me thinking about classic vanilla Deatmatch sessions now! Rrrrrr! *cue Ted Turner smiley*

Hehe.

Regards,

Yickle!

User is offline   coheed82 

Well just been playing farcry 2.. using the map editor and publishing maps there.. getting people to play my maps etc.
But it feels like us newbies to farcry mapping that we can never make a "good" map for the vets of multiplayer... they expect you to read this massive pdf file of 'ben's bible to multiplayer mapping' or something.. basically trying to take in all that info is a massive task, it makes you feel as though that you cant just enjoy making a map its gotta be "this by that etc".. im decent @ the mapping scene, hell im making duke3d maps too. Also when playing farcry 2 multiplayer... Darn bitches there i swear there must be at least 80% cheaters there... with god mode, infiniate ammo etc.. and campers abound! you start the game & bam ur dead. you play capture the diamond.. & your team runs around helplessly while the opposing team is always organized. you get the diamond, then almost back @ your base and BAM! a fukn camper on the other team takes you out. the end score is the other team:3+ you: 0... im not being a bitch, you wanna enjoy the experience and ive played games since way back on the commodore 64 like Double Dragon... or the intelivision man thats old.. haha.. But seriously.. there are ppl out there making you wanna skip multiplayer gaming altogether!

I pray that us waiting on dnf will be a little more respectful.

Happens all the time on Left 4 Dead as well, particularly on Xbox. It's why I only play with at least one friend.

Sometimes people are just kicking to get their other friends in, other times they do it just to be mean.

trencheel: Yeah I suspect that'll happen with DNF multiplayer too, and that meaans what will more than likely happen is that some of us will setup our own private servers and only pass the details on to others on a "need to know" basis. It's what happened with FEAR and Diablo 2 back in the day on the 3DR forums anyway.

And I understand where you're coming from coheed, its the same with anything thats created by someone independently from anyone else. Always asshats to drag you and your work down (unless of course, you're revered and in that case you're treated as a Godfather-esque figure) regardless of the quality of your work and that there is a very good chance that they couldn't begin to match your work - let alone complete anything.

Also what amuses me is when people, over the years, complain about "low-res textures" on newly released screenshots, when said screenshots are of games that are and/or in development; resized and invariably saved as a jpeg or otherwise very lossy format. :) :D

Regards,

Yickle!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Another thing that pisses me off is when I'm not a newbie. I'll play a game, I'll kick ass so much that people want me gone. It's basically like you can't win. The only time I don't have trouble is in deathmatch games. Easiest concept to grasp, pickup weapons, pickup items, pickup armor, pickup ammo, KILL!

User is offline   Martin 

Doesn't happen much to me because I tend to play online on PSN, where game modes are set in stone and that's that. Private matches offer many more variables usually, but in those cases you're with your friends, so it's not one of those domineering 'elite gamer' sessions where you get shouted at by skinny dweebs on PCs. 'Pro gamers' are pretty gay. Next time you join a server and get treated like that, just laugh and leave.

This post has been edited by Martin: 23 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

User is offline   Shawneth 

If you major dicks for online play, go to Counter Strike. Those mods are sweet but SUPER ABUSIVE. I would join this sweet jailbreak server, and play as a T, but then all of the CTs will make little gay commands through their cheap-ass microphones, and expect everyone to hear, and if you don't do what they want precisely, they kill you and that's another 7 minutes dead watching other people have fun, but they do it at the beginning. I don't play that much any more, for that reason alone.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options