Duke4.net Forums: DNF Image analysis - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Image analysis

User is offline   Psyrgery 

2007 ripper looks bland, generic and boring. 2011 ripper looks, nice, modern and badass

I think they both look awesome!

User is offline   Night Wolf 

What I don't get is why they not using this much better looking one.
Posted Image
sorry I dont have a bigger picture.

View Postozz, on 16 May 2011 - 01:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

I think that they are using that one, not sure though.
I've never seen the whole model of the new ripper.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 16 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postozz, on 16 May 2011 - 01:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

That's exactly what they're using. It's that, only lower poly.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 16 May 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

That's exactly what they're using. It's that, only lower poly.

No it's slightly different zoom in look closely, looks much more professional and realistic

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ozz: 16 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

View Postozz, on 16 May 2011 - 02:05 AM, said:

No it's slightly different zoom in look closely, looks much more professional and realistic

Posted Image

It does represent the classic ripper much more than the current one.
But i don't really care, i am sure there will be many many mods to make DNF feel more like old school Duke3D gameplay.
Like removing the head bobbing while sprinting and have the ability to shoot or the best one yet to carry all weapons.

The head bobbing effect was in Duke3d? And remember that this is only your opinion.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 16 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

View PostJhect, on 16 May 2011 - 04:23 AM, said:

The head bobbing effect was in Duke3d? And remember that this is only your opinion.

No it wasn't.

User is offline   ch108 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 16 May 2011 - 04:42 AM, said:

No it wasn't.

It definately wasn't, check Thief Deadly Shadows for some serious head bobbing action.

We are talking about the camera moving when he walks right?
I that's the case. Then did eduke update the game and give it head bobbing? Because it does with my version of eduke32

View PostJhect, on 16 May 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

I that's the case. Then did eduke update the game and give it head bobbing? Because it does with my version of eduke32

It doesn't with mine, strangely enough.

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah the graphics look fine. It's nice to see that they worked in the mushroom cloud-shaped explosions, although they're not as obvious as they were in Duke 3D.

• Judge Mental

View PostJhect, on 16 May 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

The only thing that bobs is the gun. It goes back and forth. But there is no actual bobbing of the camera.

Game looks good.

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View Postangelo86, on 26 May 2011 - 04:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is it me or is this pig missing his red LED eyes that he used to have in duke 3d?

Shouldn't his eyes look more like this?
Posted Image
His eyes obviously were glowing red and with a black reptilian iris in the middle just as this concept pic shows.
Posted Image

If they've stopped making red glowing eyes for pigcops, that sucks ass because the red glowing eyes were a very cool thing about them!
When you went through a dark corridor and you could only hear them oink furiously and only see their red eyes in the darkness, they had a small scare factor

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 May 2011 - 04:49 AM

• Judge Mental

View PostMr.Deviance, on 26 May 2011 - 04:32 AM, said:

His eyes obviously were glowing red and with a black reptilian iris in the middle just as this concept pic shows.
Posted Image

That's not a concept pic. Its from the intro of Duke Nukem Advanced.

I agree though. In some other shots it does appear the pigs have red eyes though. I think its just something in that shot. It could be because its an exterior in the daylight, maybe they don't glow in those areas.

Maybe their eyes are only red in the dark? I don't know.

View PostBraveTriforcer, on 26 May 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

Maybe their eyes are only red in the dark? I don't know.

That would prove to be realistic if that's the case. But you can't make their eyes perfectly normal in daylight and only have them glow red in darkness it doesn't make too much sense unless they have something magic about them or they are Terminators lol,
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

In the reveal trailer the pigcop had red glowing eyes, but seems they only really glow in darker areas.

View PostFox Mulder, on 26 May 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

In the reveal trailer the pigcop had red glowing eyes, but seems they only really glow in darker areas.

That sounds cool, it also seems like a nice idea.
I am wondering how that will work out.

User is offline   Martin 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 15 May 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

Again with the "my opinion = fact". Not so. IN YOUR OPINION the current ripper looks worse. Not everyone thinks that. You are not the arbiter of facts.

User is offline   ch108 

View PostMartin, on 26 May 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

Again with the "my opinion = fact". Not so. IN YOUR OPINION the current ripper looks worse. Not everyone thinks that. You are not the arbiter of facts.

I quite like the new one, the old one looks more like the one from Duke 3D if it was fully animated I might think differently. My opinion of course :)

User is offline   LkMax 

"The armour is generic", "the gloves are shitty", blablablabla, and now... making a big deal about the EYES? C'mon, are you all f*cking kidding me?

I've seen all kinds of complaints about games (some I understand and agree), but it's becoming a joke now. What's next? Duke's shoes are poorly polished? The Fat Commander should be fatter? They shouldn't have added a railgun?

Forget DNF, go play Duke 3D and be happy (or wait for Duke Reloaded).

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostLkMax, on 27 May 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

"The armour is generic", "the gloves are shitty", blablablabla, and now... making a big deal about the EYES? C'mon, are you all f*cking kidding me?

I've seen all kinds of complaints about games (some I understand and agree), but it's becoming a joke now. What's next? Duke's shoes are poorly polished? The Fat Commander should be fatter? They shouldn't have added a railgun?

Forget DNF, go play Duke 3D and be happy (or wait for Duke Reloaded).

Ditto, some complaints I can agree with or at least understand where the poster was coming from, but most of the major DNF community complaints that get blown out of proportion are all cosmetics-related. It's the whole 14 years thing that DNF has, it gives people time to contemplate, and releasing various forms of media over the years (Both officially and unofficially) will only lead people to start using older pieces of "Better looking" material as a yard stick.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 27 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image

Ew.

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options