Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Would like more shadows with that please!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've never seen the weapon in the second pic before, any thoughts?

Micky C, on 15 May 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

I think it's a deScrotumifier!

Man I will say it till the end of times.
That ripper model looked like shit to me ever since I first saw this old ass leaked screenshot and it hasn't been changed at all to this day.....

2007 Ripper
Posted Image

2011 Ripper
Posted Image

Previous Ripper model that was not animated yet but looked MUCH MUCH better than what we get today

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 May 2011 - 05:18 AM

The ripper is my favorite weapon in duke 3d. And i love the way it looks in this game too. It doesn't look shitty at all. And i am so happy to see that in the videos we have seen so far. This is the most used weapon ;)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I really hope they didn't mix up assets and end up using an old one.

But then again, they are working with Triptych so those guys would tell them, I dunno.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 15 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

Jhect, on 15 May 2011 - 05:26 AM, said:

The ripper is my favorite weapon in duke 3d. And i love the way it looks in this game too. It doesn't look shitty at all. And i am so happy to see that in the videos we have seen so far. This is the most used weapon ;)

The older ripper had a better model and better textures than the current one.
Like I said many times before, I am almost certain that either they decided against remodeling all weapons again and quit halfway or they simply fucked up and lost the cooler model somehow and had to stick with the older and uglier one...

Just look at the older model and you can see how it's clearly better looking than the newer one.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This old model has a very realistic metal look to it, it shines like real metal, it's darker and reminds me much more of the duke 3d one than the current shitty ones does...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

We get your point ;)

User is offline   Raziel 

Mr.Deviance, on 15 May 2011 - 04:58 AM, said:

Heheheh. My guess, it could be a plasma gun like in DooM.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

That gun he is holding in the second pic is the Enforcer Gun. The one that fires in 3 round bursts.

That ripper model looked like shit to me ever since I first saw this old ass leaked screenshot and it hasn't been changed at all to this day.....

2007 Ripper
Posted Image

2011 Ripper
Posted Image

Previous Ripper model that was not animated yet but looked MUCH MUCH better than what we get today

I think the ripper looks good.

DavoX, on 15 May 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

We get your point ;)

BUT!!!!
Posted Image

Mr.Deviance, on 15 May 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

BUT!!!!
Posted Image

I don't care, the ripper looks like the ripper.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

themaniacboy, on 15 May 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

Don't feed him. Posted Image

themaniacboy, on 15 May 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

Nobody said that the new ripper doesn't look like the ripper.
I did say however that I think the one shown in the first jacehall video was much better looking and deserved to remain the main one.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

In Deviance's defense, I can state that the new model indeed looks worse... and also it seems it was the older model and the 2009 build had a much improved one. I want to believe that there are different weapon states, or maybe you get a better looking one later in the game. We can only wait to see if that's the case.

DavoX, on 15 May 2011 - 07:21 AM, said:

In Deviance's defense, I can state that the new model indeed looks worse... and also it seems it was the older model and the 2009 build had a much improved one. I want to believe that there are different weapon states, or maybe you get a better looking one later in the game. We can only wait to see if that's the case.

I definitely don't think that will be the case, it would be too weird if that was true.

User is offline   Alithinos 

Micky C, on 15 May 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

I've seen it in many videos..
It's the one that shoots some kind of semi-heat seeking laser shots like the needle gun does in Halo.

Regarding the ripper I have to say that I liked the old model too,because it looked more like a real gun.
Real guns are made to have the less weight and being less chunky as possible.
The new ripper looks like a huge piece of painted carton resembling a "fantasy" gun you would see in a very strict budget B-movie.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 15 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

User is offline   randir14 

Didn't they do the same thing with the RPG? In the January trailer you could see two different models for it, and people were assuming the cleaner-looking one was the new model. Turns out the uglier one made the cut.

User is offline   Assblaster 

Ya the RPG one looks like shit, but you can use diff kinds of ammo like a nuke and stuff. I hate the 5 rocket limit.

In regards to the Ripper, I will say this. I prefer the current design, but it could really do with a better color scheme. Gun-metal grey, woop-de-doo. I remember back in a leaked gameplay montage where it had a blue-ish purple tone to it. That's what sold it for me back then, really. But apparently that's because of how the level's lighting worked, not because it was made that way. I mean, purple is the color of royalty after all. Why not go with pleasant to look at and symbolical as opposed to dull and meaningless? Right now I can respect the Ripper. If they made the blue-ish purple tone permanent, however, I would love it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nOTwfNTBiW0

To show you what I'm talking about.

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 15 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

You're still talking about the purple but it was the lighting in the rooms that the ripper appears in. It doesn't look purple in other parts.

DavoX, on 15 May 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

You're still talking about the purple but it was the lighting in the rooms that the ripper appears in. It doesn't look purple in other parts.

I mentioned that in my post. Read before you crit-o-cize.

BraveTriforcer, on 15 May 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

I mentioned that in my post. Read before you crit-o-cize.

The model and textures look like shit no matter how the lighting looks in a room..

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

User is offline   zwieback 

yep, that texture is not looking good - however i prefer the new ripper model.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

<images making comparison>

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8EM2_FoSv8s

Actually, I have a good eye, and there are some small improvements since the 2007 shot. Particularly in the normal map, and some small texture differences. Look very closely, and you'll see them.

User is offline   X-Vector 

StrikerMan780, on 15 May 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

Actually, I have a good eye

What happened to the other one?

Commando Nukem, on 15 May 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

Don't feed him. Posted Image

Yeah sorry, how did he get that many points anyway ?
Ever since he got that many points, his post ratio just came up 2 points.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options