Duke4.net Forums: may 21: end of the world? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

may 21: end of the world?

Poll: may 21: end of the world? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

will it happen on may 21?

1. no (19 votes [63.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.33%

2. who cares (7 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

3. yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. as long as duke nukem forever comes before it i could care less (3 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. indifferent (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

That is brilliant, Hank.

Merry "doomsday" day guys :) haha

User is offline   Shawneth 

This will shoot all the way down to the book 1984, I already know it!

Communism will rise, because governments know best! :)

View Postoporix, on 20 May 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

Communism will rise, because governments know best! :)

Sorry but you misunderstand communism then.

update everyone, he said 3% get taken, the true end of the world has been put to october 21 2011, sounds like he doesn;t want to admit defeat http://www.ebiblefel...h/tracts/may21/

This post has been edited by duke4everman: 20 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

• I have the power!

Yeah. October 21 is the end of the world but May 21 is the Rapture. Most people, and pretty much everyone on this forum, are not "saved" so they won't be taken up in the Rapture but will suffer immeasurable things before the end of the world.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 20 May 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Yeah. October 21 is the end of the world but May 21 is the Rapture. Most people, and pretty much everyone on this forum, are not "saved" so they won't be taken up in the Rapture but will suffer immeasurable things before the end of the world.

im not saying if people are not or are, im just putting what they claim

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Rapture did not happen as I predicted.
Radio played tons of good songs tho.

World wont end. :)

Well. I'm still here!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostHank, on 20 May 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

How do you know 1+1=2? What is 1? What is +, =? What is 2? Those are arbitrarily chosen symbols defining a concept. Only when I accept the rational behind the symbols can I accept the concept. If I have the proverbial one apple and one orange no matter how clever I think I am I can not make 1+1=2 valid. I have to re-define the meanings of it. In short 1+1 is open for debate, methinks.

Uh, I knew someone was gonna come up with nonsense like this. 1 and 1 are equal; x+x can only be 2x.

Conclusions logical or not, are not necessarily right or valid. Even the panel sample, how do I know the pattern continues, or should continue? What if it goes 1,2,3 and repeats 1,2,3 and there is no 4? What if the pattern swings like a wave 123321123321? etc

That's stupid. It could be 1,2,3,3,2,1... but given the information you have there's absolutely no reason to assume the fourth panel to have anything other than four sticks. This is an intelligence test type of a question and there's only one correct answer. Anyone who puts three sticks in the fourth panel loses a point, and rightfully so.

• I have the power!

I already said, no one in this forum is saved so everyone on this forum would be "left behind" It is kind of silly to say "I'm still here"

That would be like commenting that the turkey was not cooked after you failed to turn on the oven. Of course it isn't cooked.

Also, this seems to be an American group so I suspect the 6PM would mostly be in the US.

User is offline   LkMax 

Well, may 21 is already there...
At least we can still joke about 2012 (nah... it's getting repetitive).

View Postduke4everman, on 20 May 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

update everyone, he said 3% get taken, the true end of the world has been put to october 21 2011, sounds like he doesn;t want to admit defeat http://www.ebiblefel...h/tracts/may21/

So the blogger himself is not "saved" LOL
He's still writing.

User is offline   Jeff 

*Plays that song "It's the end of the world, and I feel fine*

So much for these dates. I think 2012 is just going to be another day.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 21 May 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

Uh, I knew someone was gonna come up with nonsense like this. 1 and 1 are equal; x+x can only be 2x.

That's stupid. It could be 1,2,3,3,2,1... but given the information you have there's absolutely no reason to assume the fourth panel to have anything other than four sticks. This is an intelligence test type of a question and there's only one correct answer. Anyone who puts three sticks in the fourth panel loses a point, and rightfully so.

That my friend is called free thinking. You did not call for algebra, you gave first grade math. 1 and 1; define 1, it's harder than you think. We are not in school here, where the teacher is always right, this is the real world.

at the bold = Yeah, you sound like a the preacher on TV: Based on the Holy Qu'ran there is no reason to doubt that infidels are bad. - Given the information, when did I ever state that I accept your limited information and will work under those restrictions? Ironically is that not what we, Free Thinkers, want, to be able to think outside the box? Not to accept fools and their silly tests?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Radio DJ got a call from some1 at New Zealand around 11pm lastnight in my time which NZ was already today and he said everything is ok lol.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostHank, on 21 May 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

That my friend is called free thinking. You did not call for algebra, you gave first grade math. 1 and 1; define 1, it's harder than you think.

Uh, this your variety of "free thinking" is also known as pointless nitpicking over definitions. It is not hard to define one; even the lowest of creatures understands the difference between a single object and multiple objects.

at the bold = Yeah, you sound like a the preacher on TV: Based on the Holy Qu'ran there is no reason to doubt that infidels are bad. - Given the information, when did I ever state that I accept your limited information and will work under those restrictions? Ironically is that not what we, Free Thinkers, want, to be able to think outside the box? Not to accept fools and their silly tests?

Eh, wtf? Because that's all the information you've got! You're to make logical conclusions based on the information you have. Nothing in the pattern I posted suggests that the sequence reverses direction whileas everything suggests the contrary.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 21 May 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Uh, this your variety of "free thinking" is also known as pointless nitpicking over definitions. It is not hard to define one; even the lowest of creatures understands the difference between a single object and multiple objects.

For the last time, define 1. If lower versions of creatures are able to do so, why shy away? Show me. Show me that 1+1=2 is not just a belief. :)

Eh, wtf? Because that's all the information you've got! You're to make logical conclusions based on the information you have. Nothing in the pattern I posted suggests that the sequence reverses direction whileas everything suggests the contrary.

Logic is only one School of Thought. If all information given is limited, the resulting conclusion is limited or within the proverbial box. When one thinks in the box, one is no better off than another one thinking in his/her box. :D

• I have the power!

Nothing in the pattern I posted suggests that the sequence reverses direction whileas everything suggests the contrary.

Albeit that is true...it doesn't suggests you are counting upwards in increments. It could want all prime numbers. In which case, the next box would need 5.
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23... and so on.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Even though I hate Mikko_Sandt, he has a point. The way we define numbers is by amount. A single item plus a single item equals multiple items, it's equal to as many as a single can plus a single can, just as equal to single monitor plus a single monitor. We define that by the number 2. Two monitors plus two monitors equals four monitors or another way to say it is a single item plus a single item plus a single item plus a single item which equals the definition of 4. Although Hank also has a point saying that what if we define 2 as being a single item and define 1 as being a single item plus a single item. That would mean 2 + 2 = 1. The only way out of the number system that I can think of is to use tally marks. ex: | | = a single item plus a single item.

About the guy saying that the end of the world is October 21 and the rapture will happen today, that also makes NO sense according to the Bible. The tribulation period has to last seven years according to the Bible. That means that there would have seven years after the rapture before the end of the world. This guy is insane and\or a hypocrite. He either skipped parts of the Bible, or he's following some parts, but not all.

I could come up with a date closer to the rapture than this guy. I know I'd never be able to figure out the exact date according to Bible, but I'd be able to come up with a better approximation. I don't even believe in God, and yet I have a better understanding of the Bible and what's supposed to happen.

Edit: Another thing, the rapture is supposed to happen during Israel's spring according to the Bible. Just another reason why this guy is wrong.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 21 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

• I have the power!

Numbers are an amount but a sequence can be anything. You can have a sequence that repeats or doesn't; that just list certain numbers (prime, odd, even, etc).

Also, technically, the Bible says nothing about the Rapture except in one place: Matthew 24:40-41.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSpirrwell, on 21 May 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

Even though I hate Mikko_Sandt, he has a point. The way we define numbers is by amount. A single item plus a single item equals multiple items, it's equal to as many as a single can plus a single can, just as equal to single monitor plus a single monitor. We define that by the number 2.

What do you mean by "we" ? 1+1 equals 10 in binary for example. Another example is 22 hours plus 4 hours equals 2 hours.

User is offline   Hank 

wow @ Mr Flibble and Lotan! Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMr.Flibble, on 21 May 2011 - 12:15 PM, said:

Also, technically, the Bible says nothing about the Rapture except in one place: Matthew 24:40-41.

The book of revelations in the Bible talks more about the end times, the other times it's sort of "mentioned" the rapture is talking about the lord's return. I'm not a real expert, but one day I plan to read the Bible thoroughly.

Anyway, it's 7:20 here in US eastern time, and I'm still alive. Heh.

What's the next doomsdate?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostJhect, on 21 May 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

What's the next doomsdate?

21 October 2011, and then Maya 21.12.2012 ... probably more
and how da fuck did you get -24? did you piss off someone?Posted Image

@ Spirrwell, we are on the same clock?!? - Just in case god is late, I repented all my sins, and now I am going for a drink, or two or three, if we are lucky we won't have to pay the bill, getting raptured.

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

• I have the power!

The Revelation of John does not talk at all about the end of the world. It is a series of letters written to 7 Christian communities throughout the Roman Empire dealing with the issue of emperor worship enforced by Domitian (or possibly Nero, at which the term "Christian" is only partially accurate).
Domitian demanded that everyone offer sacrifice to him -- Jews were exempt through the loophole that they would offer sacrifice for him to their God -- those who refused were charged with atheism and treason, both crimes that merited the death penalty. The use of vivid imagery and numbers represent a prophecy indicating the end of the Roman Empire.

So now that we are all dead, I think it's safe to lock this topic!

User is offline   Stabs 

Posted Image

sif he was going to predict the end

He looks more like a pedophile than a prophet

This post has been edited by DanM: 21 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

• I have the power!

Why the Rapture didn't happen

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 21 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Because is a lie based on the opinion of a NORMAL human being who died thousands of years ago.
Rapture belong to the same place as Leprechaun, Bogeyman, sea monster, gargoyles, demons, poltergeists, ettins, cyclops, fairy, pixies, meers, monitaurs and other mythical beings.

People who wrote the bible and invented the rapture (myth) are normal human being like that old man.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 21 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options