Duke4.net Forums: may 21: end of the world? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

may 21: end of the world?

Poll: may 21: end of the world? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

will it happen on may 21?

  1. no (19 votes [63.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 63.33%

  2. who cares (7 votes [23.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.33%

  3. yes (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. as long as duke nukem forever comes before it i could care less (3 votes [10.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

  5. indifferent (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31

When nothing happens, just more proof that religion is wrong.

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 14 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

2

User is offline   Zaxtor 

#32

Strange thing is conservative party in USA oppose immigration enormously (I think).
Canada doesn't seem to care.

Bit off topic (Conservative in Europe are more environmentally aware compare of USA and Canada).

Now back to topic.
So if people overpopulated their countries they shouldn't do it to other countries.
Because they will never learn they will fuckup the environment and more..
Is just like man's idea to trash their planet and then wanna colonize other planet, if they cannot take care of Earth and then colonizing another planet they will do the same mistake, over, over and over again.

Now for people believing in the end of the world religiously is not ok.
If the inventor / one who founded that religion say the world will end in May 21st 2011 is their opinion / opinion of the inventor of the religion.
People believing in the world will end by religions are slaves who follows what some silly book written by someone who died a long time ago.
People believing in the 21st may or Dec 21 2012 believe in other people's opinion, especially people they have never met who died over 2000 years ago.
Ok let do a revision but for recent days. Let say I am some self-declared messiah and I say the world will end in 12,12,12 (Dec 12 2012).
People probably wont believe it because we live in a modern society and have technology and better ways to gather evidence. Probably they would believe it if I was born 2000 years ago and probably even write a bible or a book about me saying I was special, I was the son of god and had great powers.
But if I do that today I will be seen as a nutjob which would be right thing to say.
If Jesus would be born 50 years ago and does the same stuff he did 2000 years ago we will see him as a basketcase or a nutjob probably will be locked down in an asylum.
Those type of religions have severely damaged society, caused wars, slavery, suffering and destruction.
Those religions especially god are based on someone else telling you what to do, people follows orders from something lacking in evidence for its presence.
Like abrahamic religions oppose people jacking off because is a sin. Is based on the person who founded this religion opposed it so they are slave and not jacking off because they are affraid they will be punished by something that doesn't exist... A lie. Is wrong in their religion but ok in society as long is not done in public.
I'm strongly for freedom as long is not abused.
To me believing god is just like believing in Zeus, Santa Claus, Odin etc.


Is ok to be religious as long is not taken seriously and endangers the believer's life or other's lives.

In reality I don't believe in this mumbo jumbo and I am not a messiah or someone trying to form a cult so no worry.
0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!

#33

View PostGothicBunny, on 14 May 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

When nothing happens, just more proof that their particular interpretation of the Bible is wrong.

Fixed.

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 14 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

0

#34

View PostMr.Flibble, on 14 May 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Fixed.


Thank you kind sir :(
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #35

View PostMr.Flibble, on 14 May 2011 - 05:43 AM, said:

China also actively supports aborting women before they are born. The culture favors sons in general and when you go a generation or more with a single child policy, the result is significantly more adult males than females.

I did not know that they axed the single child policy. I knew they were feeling the pressure of population shrinkage and the fact that men out numbered women way too much for a sustainable population.

China's one-child policy is still in effect. While male preference is an increasing problem, the government has banned fetal sex determination to try to combat it.
0

User is offline   Zaxtor 

#36

Dunno for how many years China had 1 child policy but it did slowed down population but is soo overpopulated that it still growing until 2010.
Showed a drop by ~6 millions. Dunno if that drop was cause by some of their people immigrating to other countries.

2000 census 1,273,111,290
2003 census 1,286,975,468
2006 census 1,315,844,000
2009 census 1,345,751,000
2010 census 1,339,724,852
0

#37

View PostGothicBunny, on 14 May 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

When nothing happens, just more proof that religion is wrong.


Frankly, any "Christian" who claims they know when the world will end, or can predict the time of any other event from Revelation, isn't actually a Christian.

Jesus said nobody will know when it's going to happen. So there. :(
0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!

#38

Don't tell them that...they get angry when you do that. You don't want to see them angry... :(

Spoiler

0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #39

View PostMr.Flibble, on 14 May 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Spoiler


http://hendricks266.duke4.net/bullshit/jesus_robertson.jpg
1

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!

#40

Haha. I said Hulk! Hulk mad, Hulk SMASH!

Actually...Mr. T was in a movie about the Rapture et al. It was worth the amount of time to watch it. I mean, it is freaking Mr. T...as a Christian Fundamentalist in a post Rapture world. And he is pretty much just like BA in the A-Team. even says "fool" but I wish he had said "I pity the fool." But you can't always get what you want.

I mean like this:
Attached Image: pat_robertson.jpg

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 14 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

0

#41

Eh? Gone for one day and you lot have gone religiously mad lol. All this talk of 2nd coming, apocalypse Jesus and Satan you are forgetting Duke, its his second coming, wait, maybe it's all connected....

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 15 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

1

User is offline   Alithinos 

#42

Nobody knows when the end will come.
Some people are just saying that kind of stories again and again,more than a century now.
An end might come one day,but we can't know when this will happen.
Nobody knows.
Expect if someone with 500 nukes has decided the time he will blow them all up.
Only he would know.

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 15 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

0

User is online   Jim Rockford 

  • Banned on Rigel

#43

Apparently these people have figured out how to make radar detectors for thieves in the night.
0

User is offline   Mikko 

  • Honored Donor

#44

View PostAlithinos, on 15 May 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Nobody knows when the end will come.
Some people are just saying that kind of stories again and again,more than a century now.
An end might come one day,but we can't know when this will happen.
Nobody knows.
Expect if someone with 500 nukes has decided the time he will blow them all up.
Only he would know.


That wouldn't be the end of the world though, maybe a temporary pause to mankind's progress.
0

#45

View PostMr.Flibble, on 14 May 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

Haha. I said Hulk! Hulk mad, Hulk SMASH!


Too much effort... would Raptor Jesus be good enough?
0

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

#46

When the sun dies. Date: sometime in the future, it will happen.
0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!

#47

View Postwayskobfssae, on 16 May 2011 - 11:34 PM, said:

Too much effort... would Raptor Jesus be good enough?

Raptor Jesus is old. I suppose I can't blame you for being lazy...it isn't exactly exciting.
0

User is offline   LkMax 

#48

View PostVinsaneOne, on 17 May 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

When the sun dies. Date: sometime in the future, it will happen.


If the current scientific knowledge is correct this should take a long, LONG time.

PS: I forgot to say, REALLY long time. :unsure: heh

This post has been edited by LkMax: 17 May 2011 - 06:08 AM

1

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism

  #49

View PostLkMax, on 17 May 2011 - 06:07 AM, said:

If the current scientific knowledge is correct this should take a long, LONG time. REALLY long time. :unsure: heh

~4 billion years
1

User is offline   Spirrwell 

  • tile 1018

#50

This is a particularly insane belief that the world will end on these specific dates. If you were to believe in God, the Bible clearly states in Matthew 24:36 that no man can know the day or the hour of the lord's return. Trying to predict when the world will end based on the Bible goes against what the Bible teaches. Also, based on the current state of the world, it would be impossible for it to end according to the Bible, not all of the "signs" that have been prophesied have been fulfilled. So basically IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. I think the people that believe this should be forced to re-read the Bible, or read it if they haven't at all.

I myself don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe that the Bible has some good points to it.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 17 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

0

User is offline   oakman 

#51

I have a hard time believing things like this for several reasons, the following being one of them:

What about people on Indian Reservations who firmly hold their traditions and beliefs? You're (dooms dayers) going to tell me that these people are
hell bound heathens, despite about 500 years of oppression and marginalization since that pendejo Columbus?

Look at this
These fools spent all that money on a slick tour bus with a hot paint job, while they could've been truly helping people.
Instead, there they are; surrounded by the comforts of an on-the-road vacation home .

http://www.funnymotivationalposters.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Holy-Facepalm.jpg

This post has been edited by oakman: 19 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

0

User is offline   Mikko 

  • Honored Donor

#52

View Postoakman, on 19 May 2011 - 01:22 AM, said:

I have a hard time believing things like this for several reasons, the following being one of them:

What about people on Indian Reservations who firmly hold their traditions and beliefs? You're (dooms dayers) going to tell me that these people are
hell bound heathens, despite about 500 years of oppression and marginalization since that pendejo Columbus?


I fail to see the connection you're trying to make.

If you're a Christian, of course you believe that Indians are hellbound.

The validity of this end of the world argument has got nothing to do with that.
0

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

  • I have the power!

#53

So, who wants a second hand tour bus? I bet they could sell it to one of the presidential candidates for a good price. Of course, most of them would want to paint over the crazy.
0

#54

View PostSpirrwell, on 17 May 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

This is a particularly insane belief that the world will end on these specific dates. If you were to believe in God, the Bible clearly states in Matthew 24:36 that no man can know the day or the hour of the lord's return. Trying to predict when the world will end based on the Bible goes against what the Bible teaches. Also, based on the current state of the world, it would be impossible for it to end according to the Bible, not all of the "signs" that have been prophesied have been fulfilled. So basically IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. I think the people that believe this should be forced to re-read the Bible, or read it if they haven't at all.

I myself don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe that the Bible has some good points to it.


Not Christian here either, but it still irks me like mad when people who claim to be, don't actually seem to know what their own deity has said about a certain subject... especially after researching it to death like the current incarnation of doomsayers have.
0

User is offline   Spirrwell 

  • tile 1018

#55

View Postwayskobfssae, on 19 May 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

Not Christian here either, but it still irks me like mad when people who claim to be, don't actually seem to know what their own deity has said about a certain subject... especially after researching it to death like the current incarnation of doomsayers have.

[rant]
Yeah, I come from family that's Christian, I can't stand my father or my mother, they're always ranting about God and the end times, as if I haven't heard billions of times before. What pisses me off even more, is that my parents understand that the date can't be predicted, but they predict that the day after May 21st, everyone will be mocking them, and God will make some bad things happen. :unsure:

It baffles me how delusional people can be without it being a defined illness. One of the other things that annoys me, is that people will continue to talk about God and all this crap, and I'm forced to listen to it. One day I swear to God, (excuse the phrase ;) ) I'm going to rage out screaming at the top of my lungs: "GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS, YOU BELIEVE IN GOD, I DON'T, NOW SHUT THE FU*K UP!"

I don't mean to insult anyone who does believe this stuff, but I hate religion of any kind when it's being preached to my face any chance someone gets.
[/rant]

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 19 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

0

User is offline   Mikko 

  • Honored Donor

#56

View PostSpirrwell, on 19 May 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:



I don't mean to insult anyone who does believe this stuff,


Why not? People who believe this stuff are absolutely stupid and it should be said to their face. They intimidate their children and others who're easily susceptible to this nonsense and many of them do so in order to make money.
0

#57

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 20 May 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

Why not? People who believe this stuff are absolutely stupid and it should be said to their face. They intimidate their children and others who're easily susceptible to this nonsense and many of them do so in order to make money.


Good grief you are abrasive!
0

User is offline   Mikko 

  • Honored Donor

#58

View Posttrencheel303, on 20 May 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

Good grief you are abrasive!


You obviously haven't got any actual arguments left in the bag, which is why you come up with these lame ad hominem attacks.
-1

#59

It isn't an attack at all, I just take a strong disliking to vicious natured individuals like you who think that a difference of opinion makes them "stupid"

Thanks and goodbye.

This post has been edited by trencheel303: 20 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

0

User is offline   Mikko 

  • Honored Donor

#60

View Posttrencheel303, on 20 May 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

It isn't an attack at all, I just take a strong disliking to vicious natured individuals like you who think that a difference of opinion makes them "stupid"



You serious? You wouldn't call a person who believes that the end of the world comes tomorrow stupid?

Tell me, for what kind of cases does the word exist in your opinion?
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options