Duke4.net Forums: may 21: end of the world? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

may 21: end of the world?

Poll: may 21: end of the world? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

will it happen on may 21?

1. no (19 votes [63.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.33%

2. who cares (7 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

3. yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. as long as duke nukem forever comes before it i could care less (3 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. indifferent (1 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Honestly of many end of the world stories i have been told this one takes the cake, according to "a christan group" the 21st of may is when christ comes back, your thoughts?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

The world will not end, but we may see a sudden spike in the number of Christ impersonators throughout the U.S..

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I keep hearing about how there are people who believe this, but I never hear from anyone who actually does believe it.

Evidently, it's a teensy tiny insignificant group of people.

just a sidenote i mean no insult to christans by any means

User is offline   Kathy 

That's retard.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

No.Posted Image

I can't even find a partially logical explanation as to WHY some people are thinking this.

User is offline   Jeff 

I thought people were blabbering on about the world ending on December 21, 2012, and now it's May 21 2011? Now what day is it? Oh wait, they don't know because they keep changing their minds.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postwayskobfssae, on 13 May 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

I can't even find a partially logical explanation as to WHY some people are thinking this.

To have more disciples. You may want to repent for your sins you know.

User is offline   Hank 

No. The end is obviously 21.12.2012, as per the Maya calender. I live in America, so there. Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I smell another cult mass suicide coming up.

In the 19 of March of correct date world was suppose to end with the super-super moon (moon closest of Earth since 1600s).
World did end??

NO.

Those end of world things are a myth just to scare people.
World wont end.

As for Dec 21 2012 world will..

Guess what.
NOT end.

Those religious extremist are just trying to scare the people. This saying is based on the opinion / views of some guy who died >2000 years ago.
World wont end by that rapture thing.

World will end by man's greed/overpopulation and pollution unless man becomes less anthropocentric and becomes more biocentric and treats Earth better.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 14 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostLotan, on 13 May 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

To have more disciples. You may want to repent for your sins you know.

I do, just not in the way the crusaders want me to.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostZaxtor, on 14 May 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

World will end by man's greed/overpopulation and pollution unless man becomes less anthropocentric and becomes more biocentric and treats Earth better.

Sounds like capitalism wasn't such a great idea after all due to the greed thing you said. If only they created a system which benefits everyone instead of having the rich get richer while having a growing number of poor people.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Even 1st world countries are imperfect.

Urban sprawling.
In our species mental views just like other animals see Earth as infinite thats why we breed out of control.
Thing called breeding is part of the species survival but over doing it leads to suicide from overexploiting resources.
Some people may refuse to have kids because of population.

According to news
Also those hicks like Harper or government of Canada are accepting Chinese immigration to live in Canada because China is too overpopulated.
What's next?
Overpopulating Canada.

I heard on news Many Chinese people will move to Canada because their country are too overpopulated.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 14 May 2011 - 01:18 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I thought China had a one child policy? If that's the case, I don't see how their population can get any bigger. I also heard that there are 20 million more men in China than women, geez that would suck, ay? (It makes sense because statistically babies are more likely to be boys than girls by a small margin, and when you blow that up to a population of over a billion, large differences are obtainable.)

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com

I've browsed through their explanation...I just want to know what they are going to do on May 22.

Also, the world doesn't end on May 21, that is Judgement Day. Those who are saved will be taken up to Heaven on May 21 and everyone else will suffer for like 2 years or something and then the world will end. I'm not even sure that is the norm either. There is supposed to be a 1000 year reign I think. I never got involved in this Rapture shit....doesn't make sense.

View PostMicky C, on 14 May 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

I thought China had a one child policy?

They DID... but they axed it, supposedly.

Of ALL the human rights things the Chinese government doesn't grant, they had to cave in on THAT?! *facepalm*

• I have the power!

View PostMicky C, on 14 May 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

I thought China had a one child policy? If that's the case, I don't see how their population can get any bigger. I also heard that there are 20 million more men in China than women, geez that would suck, ay? (It makes sense because statistically babies are more likely to be boys than girls by a small margin, and when you blow that up to a population of over a billion, large differences are obtainable.)

China also actively supports aborting women before they are born. The culture favors sons in general and when you go a generation or more with a single child policy, the result is significantly more adult males than females.

I did not know that they axed the single child policy. I knew they were feeling the pressure of population shrinkage and the fact that men out numbered women way too much for a sustainable population.

Why can't Christ come back without having to cause the end of the world?
Can't he just come, say hi give us the key to worldwide love and peace, destroy USA, Israel and then leave without the end of the world happening?
Isn't satan supposed to bring the end of the world?
Why is it that so many people associate the second coming of Christ with the apocalypse?
Can't anybody come up with a theory that involves Jesus coming back and NOT mix up apocalypse into the story?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostZaxtor, on 14 May 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

Urban sprawling.
In our species mental views just like other animals see Earth as infinite thats why we breed out of control.
Thing called breeding is part of the species survival but over doing it leads to suicide from overexploiting resources.
Some people may refuse to have kids because of population.

This problem concerns mostly poor countries. Their fertility rate is high because their mortality rate is high.

As countries grow richer, their fertility rates drop.

Forcing poor countries to be more "eco-centric" would condemn them to remain poor. An economic system that exploits the environment efficiently (i.e., Capitalism) is a requirement.

• I have the power!

The Second Coming is supposed to harken the end of the world. Depending on how and what parts of the Bible you read, the Anti-Christ may come first and bring chaos with the illusion of peace then Christ will return, kick the Anti-Christ's ass, and bring a glorious reign of peace before the physical existence ceases to be.

Jesus' return is intimately connected to the apocalypse because...well, most of the good stuff about it is in The Apocalypse of John (Book of Revelation) which actually has nothing to do with the end of the world...

It was a cultural thing, a fad of those few centuries (200 bc - 200 ad), kind of like parachute pants or Justin Bieber. ;)

User is offline   Hank 

@ Mr. Flibble. They are very specific - 21 Oct. The End. http://www.ebiblefel...h/tracts/may21/ the official biblical explanation on how they arrived to this.

[rant]
The Torah, Bible and Qur'an have all the same basic message, the world sucks and need to be destroyed or to end; so the Good Guys (whoever or whatever one believes in) can live happily ever after. I say, if there was a creator then that creator needs to be eliminated first to make that wish possible. Whoever fucked up planet earth should not be allowed to run the universe, especially if this god blames the mess on his own creation or a third party like a satan. - I think there is(are) no god(s), therefore it's up to us to make this world a better place. Focus not on heaven but on your next door neighbour, even if they are, well, not perfect. [/rant]

Actually the second coming is supposed to be the "end" of the end of the world.

It goes something like... rapture happens, followed by 7 years of Hell on Earth (tribulation period), and then Jesus returns, beats the tar out of Satan, tosses him into the Lake of Fire along with all of his followers, and then Jesus rules the Earth for a thousand perfect years of rainbows and lollipops.

I 'think' I got all that right. Except for the lollipops. I don't know if Jesus cares for lollipops. He may prefer to give everyone jellybeans instead.

• I have the power!

Considering that they can't agree how it is going to go down (because they are just making it up as they go)...it is hard to pin point exactly how it is going to go down. This particular group has their specifics, but I've seen other specifics before. It all depends on who you are talking to.

@Hank, I've read through their justification...I can't make sense out of it and I study the Bible!

User is offline   LkMax 

No, the world will be in chaos and hell June 10 and will end June 14, when the Minecraftian Gods will turn everything into beatiful blocks and make the world a fun place to live...

View PostHank, on 14 May 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

(...) Whoever fucked up planet earth should not be allowed to run the universe, especially if this god blames the mess on his own creation or a third party like a satan. - I think there is(are) no god(s), therefore it's up to us to make this world a better place. Focus not on heaven but on your next door neighbour, even if they are, well, not perfect.

Agreed.
It's too easy to blame your own faults on any imaginary entity or in "destiny".

This post has been edited by LkMax: 14 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 14 May 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

@Hank, I've read through their justification...I can't make sense out of it and I study the Bible!

I think one can only accept their train of thought if 1988 was really the End of the Church. Trouble is, the Church is alive and well. Since you study the Bible you know # 1040 and the book of Mark 13, - or I don't don't think any Thinker let alone Scholar could justify this. Posted Image

@ LkMax - Thanks.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostHank, on 14 May 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

[rant]
The Torah, Bible and Qur'an have all the same basic message, the world sucks and need to be destroyed or to end; so the Good Guys (whoever or whatever one believes in) can live happily ever after. I say, if there was a creator then that creator needs to be eliminated first to make that wish possible. Whoever fucked up planet earth should not be allowed to run the universe, especially if this god blames the mess on his own creation or a third party like a satan. - I think there is(are) no god(s), therefore it's up to us to make this world a better place. Focus not on heaven but on your next door neighbour, even if they are, well, not perfect. [/rant]

Thing with me is I'm not entirely sure God exists. I'm not sure what form he takes because I always thought he was a person like us. However, some have told us he is an all powerful unseen force. I'm a good person in the way where I don't do bad things (eg. kill, steal, etc), however, if I'm undecided about his existence, but I'm still a good person, then what does he do with those people?

View PostLkMax, on 14 May 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

Agreed.
It's too easy to blame your own faults on any imaginary entity or in "destiny".

No easier than it is for a deity to blame us for faults that were built into us.

That's... pretty much what I've derived from the Bible.

For some reason, people just like screaming: WERE ALL GONNA DIE SOON, SO LIFE IS USELESS. Hate em.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Jesus wont comeback once he is dead he is dead forever.
Would Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite and David Koresh comeback?

Nope..

Those 3 murderers were just acting like Jesus self-declared messiahs and apocalypticists and said they were the son of "god".
The surviving one like Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara faced crimes against humanity and life in prison with pending death penalty.
Those 2 in jail were sick fucks and mass muderers.

Just because Jesus died 2,000 years ago it doesn't make him special he was just a normal carpenter and a normal man.
People back in those days believed in all sort of things and pushed their imagination far because of lack of science and technology.

We don't know why Jesus was crucified.
Maybe he was a criminal we just don't know, so why people put their fate in the hand of a man who died many, many years ago.
We don't know who he was. He will not come back from the dead. Just like those 3 men.

Just my stances on it.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 14 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options