How will YOU play Duke Nukem Forever!  "Well maggots?"

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 12 May 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'll be using surround sound.
With an ATI 6850.
4 gb's of RAM
Phenom X4 3.2GHZ
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition

OMG, I have almost the same, except I have 3GB of RAM and a 5770. ;)

User is offline   Alithinos 

I will play it on my pc.
I have a desktop linked with a SONY hifi with 2 big speakers that are going to blow my ears off.
The day I'll buy the game,before returning home I'll also buy a pack of BUBBLE GUMS.
I'll spend whole days playing the game in which I'll only make breaks for eating and shitting and sleeping.
Caffeine,chocolates,and cigars.
;)

User is offline   ch108 

On the PC:

Samsung 24" LCD Monitor (maybe a couple of goes hooking it up to my 46" Samsung LCD TV for good measure :) )

Windows 7 64-Bit
AMD Athlon Dual Core X2 FX60 6000+ (3.0Ghz per core)
8GB DDR2 RAM
1GB Gainward GTS 250
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Keyboard & Mouse
Creative T40 stereo speakers

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postch108, on 16 May 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

On the PC:

Samsung 24" LCD Monitor (maybe a couple of goes hooking it up to my 46" Samsung LCD TV for good measure :D )

Windows 7 64-Bit
AMD Athlon Dual Core X2 FX60 6000+ (3.0Ghz per core)
8GB DDR2 RAM
1GB Gainward GTS 250
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Keyboard & Mouse
Creative T40 stereo speakers

Nice. :)

User is offline   ch108 

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Nice. :)

Thanks, a couple of years old now but can run most things probably won't need to build another for a year or so.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postch108, on 16 May 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

Thanks, a couple of years old now but can run most things probably won't need to build another for a year or so.

Cool. Mine here, in case anyone was wondering:

Phenom II x4(quad core) 965 Black Edition @ 3.4 Ghz per core

3 GB DDR2(will be upgrading to 6GB for DNF)

1GB(ddr5) Radeon 5770 HD Pci-e 2.0

22" LG LCD monitor(set to 1902x1080)

Both quad speakers & subwoofer & headphones, to switch between as needed.

(I know, the quad core is a bit of overkill, but it should future proof this system for quite some time, and it's also cheaper than the Hex core I was gonna go with.)

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 16 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

User is offline   ch108 

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

Cool. Mine here, in case anyone was wondering:

Phenom II x4(quad core) 965 Black Edition @ 3.4 Ghz per core

3 GB DDR2(will be upgrading to 6GB for DNF)

1GB(ddr5) Radeon 5770 HD Pci-e 2.0

22" LG LCD monitor(set to 1902x1080)

Both quad speakers & subwoofer & headphones, to switch between as needed.

(I know, the quad core is a bit of overkill, but it should future proof this system for quite some time, and it's also cheaper than the Hex core I was gonna go with.)

Very nice, if you upgrade to 6GB that should see you through a good few games on max settings. My next system will have to have one of those I7 six cores at the very least, need something that goes the distance.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postch108, on 16 May 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

Very nice, if you upgrade to 6GB that should see you through a good few games on max settings. My next system will have to have one of those I7 six cores at the very least, need something that goes the distance.

Yeah, I said I didn't get a hex core but eventually somewhere down the line I will. It's just the highest rated quad core for AMD was half the price of the lowest rated hex core, so I went the savings/performance balancing act route for now.

The i7's are also pretty sweet, but not worth Intel's asking prices imo......sure some of them running at similar speeds to similar AMD processors run at double the performance, but that does not justify triple or quadruple the price imo.

User is offline   ch108 

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yeah, I said I didn't get a hex core but eventually somewhere down the line I will. It's just the highest rated quad core for AMD was half the price of the lowest rated hex core, so I went the savings/performance balancing act route for now.

The i7's are also pretty sweet, but not worth Intel's asking prices imo......sure some of them running at similar speeds to similar AMD processors run at double the performance, but that does not justify triple or quadruple the price imo.

Yeah they are pricey it's like Intel think they are selling slabs of platinum. I'll have to see what AMD are putting out when the time comes.

I'm sure either will run Duke Forever, 5 and 6 perfectly well.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6870

My keyboard is from the 90s though but it works like a charm. My friend has threatened to buy me a new keyboard because he can't stand watching this one.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 16 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postch108, on 16 May 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

Yeah they are pricey it's like Intel think they are selling slabs of platinum. I'll have to see what AMD are putting out when the time comes.

I'm sure either will run Duke Forever, 5 and 6 perfectly well.
The Thubans(6 cores), as I said above, look sweet....but almost nothing requires more than 3-4 cores...unless you do sound/video editing and related stuff or run ALOT of shite at once.......I figure i'll wait a bit, and snag one at a cheaper price and also when the 6 cores can be put to better use.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 16 May 2011 - 12:49 PM, said:

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6870

My keyboard is from the 90s though but it works like a charm. My friend has threatened to buy me a new keyboard because he can't stand watching this one.

Damn am I jealous of that Thuban you got under the hood...well sorta jealous. I can't see justifying the money they want for it yet, but i you can afford it then more power to ya. Still, as DNF can only see so many corses, I think my CPU's higher speed per core will help more when the time comes. :)

P.S. What kind of keyboard is it? One of the old clakity clack ones? :D

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 16 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Phenom X4 965 (3.4GHz)
2GB GTX 460
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
23" eMachines Black Friday monitor (Hint: It sucks!)

Shit is gonna run fuckin' fly. Twins, tits, and shit in 1080p.

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

P.S. What kind of keyboard is it? One of the old clakity clack ones? :)

Unicomp still makes replica Model M (buckling spring) keyboards in all kinds of styles under IBM license. I have one but I gotta send it in for repair...I had an accident involving ji...I mean Pepsi.

Honestly though it was Pepsi. They have drainage channels for fluids, so if you eat by your keyboard a lot (Or cum Hentai style) they hold up pretty well. Better still, since they are buckling springs, the keys barely wear at all.

The best part? Industrial grade. $80 to buy. Only $30 for an out of warranty repair! Beats the shit outta spending $90 on a G15 every few years.

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDescent, on 16 May 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

Phenom X4 965 (3.4GHz)
2GB GTX 460
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
23" eMachines Black Friday monitor (Hint: It sucks!)

Shit is gonna run fuckin' fly. Twins, tits, and shit in 1080p.
OMG, we got the same CPU?!? Is yours the Black Edition also, by any chance? 0.o

Also nice video RAM size....SLI of two cards, right?

You have more RAM than me, but i'm getting more before the end of the month so then mine will be bigger heh heh.....(Upgrading to 6GB DDR2 from 3GB DDR2)

And what's the problem with the monitor? It failing or what?

View PostDescent, on 16 May 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

Unicomp still makes replica Model M (buckling spring) keyboards in all kinds of styles under IBM license. I have one but I gotta send it in for repair...I had an accident involving ji...I mean Pepsi.

Honestly though it was Pepsi. They have drainage channels for fluids, so if you eat by your keyboard a lot (Or cum Hentai style) they hold up pretty well. Better still, since they are buckling springs, the keys barely wear at all.

The best part? Industrial grade. $80 to buy. Only $30 for an out of warranty repair! Beats the shit outta spending $90 on a G15 every few years.
How does the ink on the keys hold up? Does it wear off quickly like some keyboards do?

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 16 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

The monitor works fine. But it's backlight bleeds more than an Asian guy's anus in a supermax prison. It's only noticeable when dark. Unfortunately I play A LOT of FreeSpace. IT was $120 so I don't give a shit, and it is typical of this model.

No SLi yet, soon hopefully! Hence why I got the big ass 2GB model!

And yes, the CPU is a black edition. I'm going to upgrade from this horrid XFX (Worst mobo I've ever owned, but it was nearly free!) to an Asus and OC this fucker to AT LEAST 4GHz!

Ballin' on a budget.

Oh yeah, and everything on those keyboards is built to last a lifetime, key print included. Depending on the model they weigh 3-4 pounds.

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Sounds nice......I got a Gigabyte mobo myself, but if I try OC'ing it beyond so much it stutters and hangs.....even if the CPU can handle it. Well at least I can get some OC outta it.

Also, a SINGLE 2GB video card? I didn't know they went that high. I'm guessing it wasn't cheap. 0.o

As for keyboards....I had an old one(came with system and laste me 2 years) that I ditched because the key print wore off on many letter keys, making it hard to type sometimes. I got a 25 dollar replacement which looked nice, but didn't have led indicators for CAPS/Scroll/etc......which I thought I didn't need at the time. Now I know better. Trying to type can be a pain sometimes, as if I don't watch what i'm typing i'll end up posting a block of all caps or alternating text, which hurts the eyes and makes me look like a 15 year old.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 16 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yeah nothing beats a good keyboard, I'm using an el cheapo Lite-On in the meantime.

The 2GB card wasn't cheap. It was $270, which was $80-100 more than other cheap 460's at the time.

But there's no point in running dual 460's with only 1GB of RAM in my opinion. One or two years down the road, if you want to run a modern game maxed out, you might have the horsepower but you won't have the VRAM. Keep in mind SLi does not double your VRAM, it shadows it. If you have two 1GB cards you still only have 1GB available for games.

Even though most games use under 1GB of VRAM, that is starting to change.

This post has been edited by Descent: 16 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDescent, on 16 May 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

Yeah nothing beats a good keyboard, I'm using an el cheapo Lite-On in the meantime.

The 2GB card wasn't cheap. It was $270, which was $80-100 more than other cheap 460's at the time.

But there's no point in running dual 460's with only 1GB of RAM in my opinion. One or two years down the road, if you want to run a modern game maxed out, you might have the horsepower but you won't have the VRAM. Keep in mind SLi does not double your VRAM, it shadows it. If you have two 1GB cards you still only have 1GB available for games.

Even though most games use under 1GB of VRAM, that is starting to change.

270....dollars? Damn, that's way too much for my blood. I usually spend no more than 150 or so...maybe 165 tops. That way I get good price and longevity balance.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

Well, I just got a 46' tv and man, am i looking forward to play DNF on it.

Also, just like MrBlackCat, i will enjoy each spot in the maps, playing slowly without any hurry.

I dont like to play in a rush and take my time without any worry

What kind of TV did you buy? Apex? Auvio? Coby? Generitech?

User is offline   Engel220 

My plan is to put the game on easy and to take my time and soak up everything I can find. Since the game comes out on Friday here in average old England I'll probably crack open a cool Carlsberg Export, whack the sound upto 12 and have a knees up. The game itself is ordered for 360 as a BoSE copy, I'm testing the demo on my PC to see how it all works out but I placed the 360 order as a backup (And for the BoSE, of course).

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostDN4EVR, on 16 May 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

270....dollars? Damn, that's way too much for my blood. I usually spend no more than 150 or so...maybe 165 tops. That way I get good price and longevity balance.

Heh, if you wanted the best, you could pay thousands of dollars. They aren't cheap.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSpirrwell, on 17 May 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

Heh, if you wanted the best, you could pay thousands of dollars. They aren't cheap.

I meant the best PERSONAL, non-commercial use models....:)

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostDescent, on 17 May 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

What kind of TV did you buy? Apex? Auvio? Coby? Generitech?

It's a Samsung LE46C630, the image looks damn fine. Already played Portal on it and it was amazing how well it played.

My rig is as follows:
Intel Quadcore Q4950, 2,7 per core (had a new fan installed, could oc to 3,2)
Ocz Reaper Ddr 1024 x4gb
Msi GeForce 560 TI Super OC
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition
SounBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro x5 speakers
Logitech G15 keyboard
Logitech G500 Mouse

User is offline   zwieback 

i will play it on my 27" i7 imac - and on my old core 2 quad :) (steam version for those two)
also i will play it on the x360 - bos edition

can't wait :D GUYS WE REALLY GONNA PLAY DUKE SOON :D :D :( :D :P :D this is the best fucking time in the history of being a dnf fan :D

This post has been edited by zwieback: 19 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

User is offline   coheed82 

Im gonna play it on my new laptop..
Toshiba Satellite directX11, Windows 7, Intel Core i5. ATI Pentium Graphics, etc etc etc....
Well its 2 weeks to go. til the demo.. from there on in its sweet being in the FAC.. I Just bought afew games to keep me occupied til then.. Resident evil 4 (can't change the keyboard controls so its bloody hard to get used to) Dark Messiah Might & Magic (fucking awesome game.. good hack 'n slasher, and with alot of adult dialog..) Also Street Fighter 4.. (No shit, on the disc it says "thailand only" but it works here in australia, hell i got it from gametraders..)...

Woo Hoo.. 2 fukn weeks people!
:)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options