Duke4.net Forums: How will YOU play Duke Nukem Forever! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How will YOU play Duke Nukem Forever!  "Well maggots?"

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Well, it is finally coming.....Duke Nukem (Mutafracking)Forever! Thing is, how are YOU gonna play it? Are you gonna try and one shot or speedrun it? Or are you going to savor every morsel as you play it over a long week(end)?

Will you play mostly just singleplayer......or jump into Multiplayer boots first? And on what system?

How will YOU play the most AWESOME game to ever grace mankind?

DN4EVR

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Spoiler

I rarely do completionist things, especially with shooters. I'll play it through and if I find secrets etc, I'll enjoy them.

I will probably stick with single player but if some friends want to go online, I'll oblige.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 10 May 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Spoiler

I rarely do completionist things, especially with shooters. I'll play it through and if I find secrets etc, I'll enjoy them.

I will probably stick with single player but if some friends want to go online, I'll oblige.

Cool...also lol @ "spoilers". I'm actually playing through DN3D myself to fine all the secrets I might've somehow missed the first/second/nth time around, and to get psyched for DNF! ;)

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Relentlessly... neurotically... until I need mental help...for 14 years...but not naked.

(Single player only, unless it has LAN, then I will got get some new PC's and four copies of the game and "go to town" so to speak. ;) )

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Mack 

The friend who used to Dukematch with me back in the day will be coming over. I'll be hooking the PC up to the TV and we'll be playing the single player from start to finish, the plan is to do it in one sitting. Average progression speed and attention (won't be rushing, won't be specifically looking for little things). When that's completed we'll Dukematch on the other PC I have.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

im going to explore the singleplayer first, just milk it as much as i can, make some random gameplay videos and shit. I can't wait to see all the references and jokes... i imagine there being a fuck ton.

Then im going to attack the multiplayer side, i don't multiplay that much in general though.

I'm going to take my time playing.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostBetelgeuse, on 10 May 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

im going to explore the singleplayer first, just milk it as much as i can, make some random gameplay videos and shit. I can't wait to see all the references and jokes... i imagine there being a fuck ton.

Then im going to attack the multiplayer side, i don't multiplay that much in general though.

I'll probably look for every secret I can as well......I mean it's DNF.......imo it'd be a CRIME to miss anything. ;)

View PostBam050196, on 10 May 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm going to take my time playing.

That is me... I am the slowest player I know of for games like this. In Duke 3D I average about probably 40 minutes a level.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 10 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

View PostDN4EVR, on 10 May 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

I'll probably look for every secret I can as well......I mean it's DNF.......imo it'd be a CRIME to miss anything. ;)

haha, so true, it's something iv'e planned to do for a long time, just like Duke3D and the secrets/references within that game. >_<

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostBetelgeuse, on 10 May 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

haha, so true, it's something iv'e planned to do for a long time, just like Duke3D and the secrets/references within that game. >_<

I tried going through each time I have played and tried to find everything without cheats and to this day I missed a few. That's why i'm just playing through with the HRP/Eduke with a FAQ so I can play & find em all for completion before DNF.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I'll be staring at the title screen in utter amazement for an hour, and then I'll play single player and move onto multiplayer.

User is offline   ferran275 

I will be playing slowly, extremely slowly. Then, maybe after I've beaten it, I'll play it again as fast as possible with only one rule: I must be intoxicated the entire time, I think Duke will approve.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postferran275, on 10 May 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

I will be playing slowly, extremely slowly. Then, maybe after I've beaten it, I'll play it again as fast as possible with only one rule: I must be intoxicated the entire time, I think Duke will approve.

IMHO, Duke would approve more if you played whilst surronded an all sides by fine honies. ;)

I swear that the day DNF will release, the world will live in silence.
The only things we'll hear in that time are Duke Nukem's quotes and the moaning of Pigcops catching their final breath.

In other words, i'll be playing this till i am sick of it.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 11 May 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

The only things we'll hear in that time are Duke Nukem's quotes and the moaning of Pigcops catching their final breath.

Should I pay your bills, walk your pets, and tell your family you love them?

User is offline   Raziel 

Me, I will arrange myself a small fridge & microwave... a couple of power leads & my computer. All this will be going to the toilet where I will be sitting playing in a non-stop gaming session. I will have food, drinks, already be on the toilet, no pants so I can just cum or go when I need to. I'll also have a lot of toilet paper on hand for when I mast.... uhhh, I mean when I have to wipe my ass. Just kidding, but it's a funny mental picture ;).

For real, I'll probably play it over a week or two in the evenings... being a software engineer, I prefer gaming in the evenings (stuff that's less straining on the brain).

This post has been edited by Raziel: 11 May 2011 - 04:09 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 11 May 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

The only things we'll hear in that time are Duke Nukem's quotes and the moaning of women being pleasured by Duke.

Fixed.

I seach every corner of the game so i don't regret that i beat the game too fast xD i usually beat games very fast, so sometimes i do worse to make the game seem longer xD

User is offline   Jeff 

If I'm still working 5 days a week in June, I'll probably just take my time with it. Not going to stay up all night playing.

User is offline   zwieback 

i will look at every single corner in that game. i think the playtime for me will be long. very long. prey was also such a game, where you could discover a lot of nice stuff ;) and with this "interactive glory hole" ;) can't wait \ ;) /

btw. i think i got the dnf fever again.. i'm constantly hanging around here while i don't have anything useful to say, but it seems that i'm in good company hehe

I am very curious to see "how it feels" to not be waiting for Duke Nukem Forever after 14 years of this... I honestly am unable to put myself in that situation mentally because it has been so many years. Is going to be strange. I think of all that has happened in my lifetime since Duke Nukem was released. Different women, different jobs, different cars. So much is different including myself in some ways... though I have not changed at all in other ways.
I keep thinking of all the people I "know" relative to Duke Nukem Forever. It will be odd not to know them anymore... is like going home after the war I think. Even if we meet and talk about the Duke of today, it will never be quite like this again. Lots of random thoughts.

[/random thoughts off]
MrBlackCat

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 11 May 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

I am very curious to see "how it feels" to not be waiting for Duke Nukem Forever after 14 years of this... I honestly am unable to put myself in that situation mentally because it has been so many years. Is going to be strange. I think of all that has happened in my lifetime since Duke Nukem was released. Different women, different jobs, different cars. So much is different including myself in some ways... though I have not changed at all in other ways.
I keep thinking of all the people I "know" relative to Duke Nukem Forever. It will be odd not to know them anymore... is like going home after the war I think. Even if we meet and talk about the Duke of today, it will never be quite like this again. Lots of random thoughts.

[/random thoughts off]
MrBlackCat

Well, no worries then. After DNF we can speculate how long DNF 2 will take, if it will come out, if Gerbox is gonna do it right or not etc etc etc. ;)

Damn, i've never released how obsessed i am with the Duke.
I remember asking my dad back in 2002 when DNF would release.
Since i the announcement, i couldn't stop thinking about DNF, talking about DNF, dreaming about DNF.

Now i realise that i got the DNF syndrome.

I have learned that telling someone you have waited for ANY game for "14 years" doesn't mean to them that you are hard-core, dedicated, serious, or pretty much anything positive... they think you are freakin-nuts. With maybe the exception of a few hard core gamers. Non-gamers never get it... you could save two babies and a three legged blind dog from a house fire and people would still never respect you. "Well I would say thank you for saving my kids and pets, but aren't you that guy that waited 14 years for some kind of game?" Yeah, that is how it works. ;)

I can tell a quick story that will help most people feel better about their Duke Nukem syndrome though...
I know I have the syndrome. Some time around 2005 I printed 3D Realms/Duke Nukem info cards to hand to people because I was constantly asked about Duke Nukem because I always wear Duke Nukem t-shirts. Just had the 3D Realms web site address and a short bit of info about Duke Nukem and Apogee on it.
Hearing THAT should help a few people I hope... now you can say "well at least I'm as bad as that card guy!" ;)

MrBlackCat

I plan to buy the thickest cigar ever and get some beers and laying though it all in 1 long sitting ;)

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 11 May 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

[/random thoughts off]
MrBlackCat

It's really something ethereal that only us "DukeTards" will ever understand. We are a rare breed, people who actually sat up knowing that this game would SOME DAY see the light of day.

I remember when Half Life 2 had JUST come out, I went to my uncles house since he was the only family member with a bad ass enough system to play it and we started talking about DNF. I vividly remember him telling me to stop hoping for it and to stop thinking about it because I would be disappointed when it was canceled. The day 3DRealms shut their doors he actually called me and asked if I was happy that I had wasted so much time waiting for this game that would never come. I just told him "it'll come" he just laughed, I tell you what the greatest moment of my life was that day at PAX when Randy came out and told us it would ship under Gearbox. I sent him a long email explaining the awesomeness, he never responded xD

so in closing, yeah, we've waited a long fucking time and finally the time is almost here ;)

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postferran275, on 11 May 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

It's really something ethereal that only us "DukeTards" will ever understand. We are a rare breed, people who actually sat up knowing that this game would SOME DAY see the light of day.

I remember when Half Life 2 had JUST come out, I went to my uncles house since he was the only family member with a bad ass enough system to play it and we started talking about DNF. I vividly remember him telling me to stop hoping for it and to stop thinking about it because I would be disappointed when it was canceled. The day 3DRealms shut their doors he actually called me and asked if I was happy that I had wasted so much time waiting for this game that would never come. I just told him "it'll come" he just laughed, I tell you what the greatest moment of my life was that day at PAX when Randy came out and told us it would ship under Gearbox. I sent him a long email explaining the awesomeness, he never responded xD

so in closing, yeah, we've waited a long fucking time and finally the time is almost here ;)

I am amazed at some of the creative and awesome ways some of you have replied about how you're going to be playing this amazing masterpiece. And yeah, some won't "GET" our enthusiasm in such an "old" game....but who cares? It's Duke bloody fricking Nukem! ;)

Hail To The King, Baby!

User is offline   aross31285 

It is crazy to think of how much things have changed for me since I first played Duke Nukem 3d. The first time I played DN3d was after my little league baseball game when I was 11 years old back in 1996. I remember playing it over at one of my teammates houses because he had a Pentium computer (I had a 486DX for you old schoolers in here). I have been following the progress of Duke Nukem Forever ever since then. Today, I finished my last day of law school and will be preparing for the Bar Exam when Duke Nukem Forever comes out. It's absolutely crazy to think how time flys and how much things change. I know that I will be sacrificing my studies (and my future career!) to play Duke Nukem Forever. For me, I will start with single player and try my best to find as many secrets as possible. I will however, also try multiplayer the first day. To this day, my little brother and I Dukematch and play Duke Coop in DN3d. I am very excited about the "retro" style death match that has been advertised for Forever. Like the rest of you, I do not honestly know how I will react when reality kicks in that the wait is finally over.

User is offline   ch108 

I'll go into the game slowly just to enjoy the jokes and the atmosphere, then I'll probably find a chapter I really enjoy playing (like a chapter in Bulletstorm with really interesting environmental kills) and keep replaying that until I've sucked all the novelty out of it then I'll move on to the next chapter. Wash Rinse Repeat.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options