Duke4.net Forums: FAC members check your email - demo related - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FAC members check your email - demo related

User is offline   randir14 

I just got an email from the FAC asking to reconfirm my platform of choice for the demo, and the deadline to do that is May 15th. Maybe the demo is next week?

View Postrandir14, on 10 May 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

I just got an email from the FAC asking to reconfirm my platform of choice for the demo, and the deadline to do that is May 15th. Maybe the demo is next week?

Apparently, i received the e-mail yesterday.
Didn't notice until i read the steam forums.

I am very positive the demo will be next week, very very sure.
I guessed for may 18th, so i am hoping i am right, or better yet 1 or 2 days before..

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

OMFG! Here it comes!

Giddy with excitement! Muahaha.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I almost never got this, my dad is in charge of my Duke Nukem stuff because I'm still a kid, he almost marked the email as spam because he thought that if it were real, Amazon would've contacted him, geez how idiotic can one person be?

Anyway, interesting news all the same. Judging by the deadline of May 15th, we're probably waiting at least another six days for the demo. Times like these I wish I could just be put in a coma for a while. I can't wait to hear something.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I asked on the Gearbox forums for a code if anyone has an extra......a guy PMed me with a code, said "you're welcome", and after I attempted to register it it said it was already taken. :"(

The world is mean.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 May 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

I asked on the Gearbox forums for a code if anyone has an extra......a guy PMed me with a code, said "you're welcome", and after I attempted to register it it said it was already taken. :"(

The world is mean.

He was probably a nice but dumb guy that thought he can share his key with somebody else without that kind of error happening...

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 May 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

The world is mean.

I can send you an invitation code for the demo.
But i am not sure about the FAC code, maybe i can convince my friend that he doesn't need one because he is not a true Duke fan.

Send me an pm in a couple of days and i'll let you know if i managed to get the code.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postrandir14, on 10 May 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hopefully you're right. I have been waiting FOREVER to play this.

User is offline   Sebastian 

That's funny because the game is called Duke Nukem Forever.

Posted Image

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSebastian, on 10 May 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

I kno....rite?

;)

User is offline   Johnny 

Great!!! :-)

View PostSebastian, on 10 May 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Best joke ever!

User is offline   Raziel 

Well, they said you have to confirm by Sunday, which means we're definitely not getting anything before then. Most likely, they wouldn't actually release the demo on a Sunday, so probably some time next week, probably towards the end of the week. That's pretty cool, though I am considering giving the demo a pass so that I can jump straight into the full version on my birthday (10th of June). I don't really want to start playing now for like 90 minutes (assuming we're getting a content-equivalent demo to what the press played) and then having to go back and replay that entire segment two weeks later when it ships. We'll see what happens though, maybe my curiosity will get the best of me.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostRaziel, on 11 May 2011 - 02:28 AM, said:

Well, they said you have to confirm by Sunday, which means we're definitely not getting anything before then. Most likely, they wouldn't actually release the demo on a Sunday, so probably some time next week, probably towards the end of the week. That's pretty cool, though I am considering giving the demo a pass so that I can jump straight into the full version on my birthday (10th of June). I don't really want to start playing now for like 90 minutes (assuming we're getting a content-equivalent demo to what the press played) and then having to go back and replay that entire segment two weeks later when it ships. We'll see what happens though, maybe my curiosity will get the best of me.

I thought the demo was supposed to also include multiplayer. Although point taken that we won't really know until we get the demo. Still, I hate all this waiting around now. I could handle the wait a few months ago, but it's getting harder than ever now. I wish we could at least hear a release date for the demo, the speculation and waiting is killing me. Well, got to wait at least five more days.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

And I STILL haven't gotten my FAC code from pre-ordering DNF at EBGames Posted Image

Last time I checked about a month ago, they were waiting for gearbox to release the codes for preorders Posted Image

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostSpirrwell, on 11 May 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

I could handle the wait a few months ago, but it's getting harder than ever now. I wish we could at least hear a release date for the demo, the speculation and waiting is killing me.

Getting easier for me, we know when it's being released and time is always moving forward, which kind of sux in its own way. But the longer we wait, the less we have to wait, if that makes sense. It's now less than one month and the number of days will only get less - we hope ;).

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMicky C, on 11 May 2011 - 03:44 AM, said:

And I STILL haven't gotten my FAC code from pre-ordering DNF at EBGames Posted Image

Last time I checked about a month ago, they were waiting for gearbox to release the codes for preorders Posted Image

Dude, seriously, go see them in person, it is impossible that they could still not have them. My friend is a manager at EB games, and they definitely got the codes ages ago.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

I didn't get mine at first because the FAC wasn't a part of the deal ATT.....when I went back and put more money down my code was on the new receipt.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostRaziel, on 11 May 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

Dude, seriously, go see them in person, it is impossible that they could still not have them. My friend is a manager at EB games, and they definitely got the codes ages ago.

I read somewhere that the online preorder codes were distinctly different from the in-store preorders. Perhaps I'll send another email to the customer support staff.

In the meantime I got a friend who bought Boarderlands GOTY to give me his virgin code, so I'm in ;) I'll give him mine when I eventually get it. I didn't get any email from Gearbox but there was some kind of form about platform choices and other stuff, so I filled that in, submitted it and now I'm really hoping it all comes together.

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

May someone share a code to the first access club? ;)

User is offline   robotman5 

yeah i got that email to.

Am I the only one with 2 codes? One for xbox and one for pc demo? ;)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

GIMME OEN

plzkthxbai

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

User is offline   Johnny 

When we FAC-Members get the Codes for the Demo, what do you think will work this? Downloading an Installer from the FAC-Site and after double-click it will connecting with the Steam-Profile?

User is offline   Middy 

Oddly enough I pre-ordered DNF as soon as it came up to preorder on play.com. I had to cancel my order and re order it to get the FAC code, its stupid but thats the system.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostMiddy, on 13 May 2011 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oddly enough I pre-ordered DNF as soon as it came up to preorder on play.com. I had to cancel my order and re order it to get the FAC code, its stupid but thats the system.

I never got my FAC code. The guy at gamestop had no clue what I was talking about and even looked into it for me and still didn't find any information. I just hope he put me down for the special edition of DNF he said he did, but I guess I'll find out next month. At this rate who really cares about the demo. Oh, you get to play the demo maybe a week before the game comes out if we're lucky.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDerickVonD, on 14 May 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

I never got my FAC code. The guy at gamestop had no clue what I was talking about and even looked into it for me and still didn't find any information. I just hope he put me down for the special edition of DNF he said he did, but I guess I'll find out next month. At this rate who really cares about the demo. Oh, you get to play the demo maybe a week before the game comes out if we're lucky.

TBH, I haven't played many major demos....one of the lasty being the SS2 demo, before the game itself came out. But even so, I SO want to play this one. That's how much I crave it. ;)

User is offline   randir14 

View PostJohnny, on 13 May 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

When we FAC-Members get the Codes for the Demo, what do you think will work this? Downloading an Installer from the FAC-Site and after double-click it will connecting with the Steam-Profile?

I would guess for the PC version they'll send out Steam keys.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options