Duke4.net Forums: June 10th in North America - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

June 10th in North America

View PostSpirrwell, on 13 May 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

He means you're going to get banned, which at this point won't really matter considering if you get banned now, you'll be able switch back to a different IP, but I don't know, like I said, do it at your own risk.

Valve doesn't ban your Ip, the just disable your account and if you piss them off too much, they can disable all of your steam accounts related to all of your ips that you ever touched steam accounts with.
Let's say you have some legit steam accounts where you own some games. If you have a dynamic ip that randomly changes when you connect to the internet, every single time you've logged into steam, the steam servers have logged your various ips to all of your steam accounts.
When you do something worthy of getting your steam account disabled, the admin that disables your account has a few options.
1. He can disable just the account with which you were caught doing shit.
2. He can disable more accounts
3. He can check all of your accounts and look for all of your ip classes and disable all of those ip classes which in turn means that all of your steam accounts that you've ever touched, will get disabled.

So if point 3 becomes an option, then if you ever went at a mate's house and logged in with your legit steam account, and your mate now has a legit steam account too, when valve will start disabling your accounts, they will even go so far as to disable your friend's account that has nothing to do with you.
You do not want to cross paths with an angry valve admin.
I know people that have had steam accounts disabled that has legit games on them worth more than 2000 bucks!

View PostJhect, on 13 May 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

I'm not sure, does Mr. Deviance really know what he is talking about xD

When it comes to steam, I truly know what I'm talking about as I keep studying it since it first came out and I also know all of the biggest and most experienced reversers and crackers of steam.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

User is offline   Gf11speed 

How would steam know I didn't do this?:

1) Legally Preorder Duke Nukem Forever in America from my legit Steam account.
2) Travel internationally to Germany for a week long vacation with my wife and family. [June 3-10th]
3) Download and play DNF on June 10th, my last day in Germany.
3) Come back home to the US after that week and continue playing the game

What's wrong with that?

This post has been edited by Gf11speed: 14 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

View PostGf11speed, on 14 May 2011 - 08:20 AM, said:

How would steam know I didn't do this?:

1) Legally Preorder Duke Nukem Forever in America from my legit Steam account.
2) Travel internationally to Germany for a week long vacation with my wife and family. [June 3-10th]
3) Download and play DNF on June 10th, my last day in Germany.
3) Come back home to the US after that week and continue playing the game

What's wrong with that?

Steam has regional locks.
If you have an american game on steam, it won't start if you are in germany because in germany steam connects through german ips.
Regional locks are detected by ips!
If you go to uk, it will work but if you go to germany or a country that has vastly different language and piracy rules, steam won't allow you to play.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

If you have an american game on steam, it won't start if you are in germany because in germany steam connects through german ips.
If you go to uk, it will work but if you go to germany or a country that has vastly different language and piracy rules, steam won't allow you to play.

Then you could technically go to Steam and download DNF when it comes out under a UK IP, and go back on with your original IP. I'm not questioning your knowledge of Steam, but in his view, how would Steam know this didn't happen:

1) I went on vacation to the UK.
2) I stayed there for a while and downloaded Duke Nukem Forever when it came out on June 10th.
3) I came back later.

Basically, he's saying how do they know that isn't what happened? I'm not advocating that he do something like this, but people are going to do what they are going to do, and if he gets banned it's on his end because he was warned.

Like said, THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

Then you could technically go to Steam and download DNF when it comes out under a UK IP, and go back on with your original IP. I'm not questioning your knowledge of Steam, but in his view, how would Steam know this didn't happen:

1) I went on vacation to the UK.
2) I stayed there for a while and downloaded Duke Nukem Forever when it came out on June 10th.
3) I came back later.

Basically, he's saying how do they know that isn't what happened? I'm not advocating that he do something like this, but people are going to do what they are going to do, and if he gets banned it's on his end because he was warned.

Like said, THIS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Not advocating it, but one could tehnically just use the day one cracks sure to be out to rip out the steam....sssss

User is offline   Gf11speed 

That makes sense. So I'll have to use UK servers :]

User is offline   Sharpie 

I've personally found that waiting for a game that has already been released in another region is the hardest period to stay spoiler free. Being Australian we have suffered that fate many times but I'm sure the American members on here should be ok waiting just the 4 days. It truly is a shame there can't be a global launch for DNF because it really is a legend on the gaming scene and everyone deserves to have access at the same time.

At least it's not a long wait in contrast to the development time. I remember how torturous it was waiting for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to release here.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostSharpie, on 14 May 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

I've personally found that waiting for a game that has already been released in another region is the hardest period to stay spoiler free. Being Australian we have suffered that fate many times but I'm sure the American members on here should be ok waiting just the 4 days. It truly is a shame there can't be a global launch for DNF because it really is a legend on the gaming scene and everyone deserves to have access at the same time.

At least it's not a long wait in contrast to the development time. I remember how torturous it was waiting for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to release here.

I will be literally 'unplugging' myself at midnight on June 10th and will not be visiting these forums or ANY forums again until I've completed single player mode... Gonna be the longest 4 days of my life O_O

User is offline   Hank 

View Postferran275, on 15 May 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

I will be literally 'unplugging' myself at midnight on June 10th and will not be visiting these forums or ANY forums again until I've completed single player mode... Gonna be the longest 4 days of my life O_O

I never thought about that. I work in reverse, I'll visit forums and read as much as I can about a game before I'll buy one. For me those four days will make up my mind if I buy DNF on PS3 or PC.

User is offline   aftli 

You've talked a lot of shit in this thread. It's all incorrect. I'm an American. I used a private Hong Kong VPN (VyprVPN) to purchase, download and play the game on my own Steam account at around 6PM EST June 9th (yesterday). Everything works fine, I'm a few hours into the game. As far as Valve knows, I'm on vacation in Hong Kong until my BoS arrives on Tuesday.

This post has been edited by aftli: 10 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

View Postaftli, on 10 June 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

You've talked a lot of shit in this thread. It's all incorrect. I'm an American. I used a private Hong Kong VPN (VyprVPN) to purchase, download and play the game on my own Steam account at around 6PM EST June 9th (yesterday). Everything works fine, I'm a few hours into the game. As far as Valve knows, I'm on vacation in Hong Kong until my BoS arrives on Tuesday.

That's because you're playing it with the vpn activated...
Go ahead and try to play it with your own ip now and you will see it won't work anymore.

User is offline   aftli 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 10 June 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

That's because you're playing it with the vpn activated...
Go ahead and try to play it with your own ip now and you will see it won't work anymore.

Yes, it won't. It goes back to pre-load status. As soon as I switch back, I can play again. Hardly a big deal to log into a VPN to play this weekend, or play offline and let my achievements etc update when I'm back online. I can also play in offline mode. Also, the Steam subscriber agreement mentions nothing of circumventing region restrictions.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the downvote! I now have a nice shiny -1 under my name because I stated fact. I'm glad you have such a good relationship with "steam crackers" and you know everything there is to know about Steam.

This post has been edited by aftli: 10 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

View Postaftli, on 10 June 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yes, it won't. It goes back to pre-load status. As soon as I switch back, I can play again. Hardly a big deal to log into a VPN to play this weekend, or play offline and let my achievements etc update when I'm back online. I can also play in offline mode. Also, the Steam subscriber agreement mentions nothing of circumventing region restrictions.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the downvote! I now have a nice shiny -1 under my name because I stated fact. I'm glad you have such a good relationship with "steam crackers" and you know everything there is to know about Steam.

I gave you a -1 because you accuse me of talking shit when I didn't.
And not only that I have a good relation with steam crackers, I am the the owner of the biggest and oldest forum of steam cracking on the internet.
If you don't like it, down rate me until your mouse button brakes down.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

I gave you -1 because i think all your posts are shit.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 10 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostJhect, on 10 June 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hope it felt good mr -54 points :dukecry:
Sadly, as you can see from my rank, you are just one of the few people here that think my posts are shit.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostJhect, on 10 June 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

All you do is complain about others' posts. Which makes yours even less worth the read and takes up space.

User is offline   Jeff 

I wonder if people who have connections would get the game early? For example, if you worked for Gearbox or other developers who worked on the game.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 10 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

I make the bests posts here. So stfu and hail to me.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 10 June 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hope it felt good mr -54 points :D
Sadly, as you can see from my rank, you are just one of the few people here that think my posts are shit.

Your rank means nothing. Let's take a look at your rep, shall we?
http://forums.duke4....tation__st__450
You have almost 480 votes (in either direction) yet a rep of about 100.

That means 380 of your reps have cancelled each other out - in other words, you have 190 negative votes in the last 2.5 months.

And before it's mentioned I don't care about rep, because it's broken. Make a topic (or steal it like you do) and get a ton of upvotes, and you can ride those for a while. Or, piss someone off and everyone downvotes your post. 72% of my downvotes are from a single post.

This post has been edited by BrentNewland: 15 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

No more overt pirating discussion or this thread will be locked. Get back on topic.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options