Duke4.net Forums: June 10th in North America - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

June 10th in North America

User is offline   Gf11speed 

Obviously people are upset about the game not being released on the same day for everyone. Unfortunately for us there is nothing we can do about launch dates.

With that said, what can we do? For those in North America, is it really possible that they can keep the game out of our hands until June 14th once it's released internationally on June 10th?

What are our options if we want to buy this game and have it either delivered on June 10th or available electronic download? Any ideas? Are there any international companies that would do release day shipping to the US? What about Steam? Is there is a way to be able to purchase and download it on the same day as the rest of the world? I heard you have to have an international credit card and address to do this. Anyone know how this works?

I'm not suggesting pirating the game, I just figure there has to be a way to get a copy on June 10th -- as much as they don't want that to happen.

This post has been edited by Gf11speed: 10 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

I really don't think there's any way to get it earlier.
I've heard that you could play it a day earlier then the release day but you have to purchase it via steam.

I also don't you should mess around with buying it from another country, if that's what you are suggesting.
It won't help anyways.

They did already explain why North America receives the game later then the rest of the world.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

We can wait 4 days. That's easy.

The only reason why people complain is that someone is getting the game before someone. It's not because it's not the same date. I am lucky to get the game earlier than many other guys because i live in europe. And i don't care if the release date is not the same everywhere.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 May 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

We can wait 4 days. That's easy.

Yeah, especially since when June 10th comes around and Duke Nukem Forever is truly released, then we know it's coming other than just believing it's coming, and that may put a stop to the "I'll believe it when I see it" crap that's still floating around even though we know the game is finished and in certification.

I've felt that I could wait until Duke Nukem Forever comes out, but now that we're really down to the last month, I feel like I can't. Anyway, if you want to get the game sooner than June 14th, I've seen some ebay sellers selling pre-orders, you might be able to find one that isn't in North America. Other than that, you'll pretty much have to wait. Even if you managed to find a pre-order like that, it still could take a couple days anyway, so it's really not worth it.

I don't know how ordering through Steam works, but you might be able to create an account and set the country to somewhere that gets the game June 10th. Although I don't know if that would work if you don't have international payment information. Good luck.

"I don't know how ordering through Steam works, but you might be able to create an account and set the country to somewhere that gets the game June 10th. Although I don't know if that would work if you don't have international payment information. Good luck."

I remember receiving some error message from Steam when I tried buying some game while I was in San Diego for a semester back in 2008. I do believe I got it working eventually but I can't remember what I did, if I just tried again or if there was some kind of work around.

• tile 1018

View PostKristian Joensen, on 10 May 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

"I don't know how ordering through Steam works, but you might be able to create an account and set the country to somewhere that gets the game June 10th. Although I don't know if that would work if you don't have international payment information. Good luck."

I remember receiving some error message from Steam when I tried buying some game while I was in San Diego for a semester back in 2008. I do believe I got it working eventually but I can't remember what I did, if I just tried again or if there was some kind of work around.

Well you can alter your IP address with some programs. Basically you have a list of different IPs you can use all around the world. You might be able to trick Steam that way.

User is offline   randir14 

Someone on the Gearbox forum already tried that and it still showed June 14th as the release date. I'm sure Steam has measures against that kind of thing.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

On the upshot, when you get the game on June 14th, there will be several nude/sex patches and complete walkthroughs from users who have beaten the game before you.

• tile 1018

View Postrandir14, on 10 May 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

Someone on the Gearbox forum already tried that and it still showed June 14th as the release date. I'm sure Steam has measures against that kind of thing.

Have they tried creating a new account also when they did that? I doubt it would work if you were using an account you already have been using.

• tile 1018

View Postrandir14, on 10 May 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

Aha! I tried it myself.. It does work if you go to the Steam store through a regular Internet browser, BUT it does not work if you go through the Steam program.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 10 May 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

I really don't think there's any way to get it earlier.
I've heard that you could play it a day earlier then the release day but you have to purchase it via steam.

I also don't you should mess around with buying it from another country, if that's what you are suggesting.
It won't help anyways.

They did already explain why North America receives the game later then the rest of the world.

The reason why everyone else gets it earlier and the U.S. last(or vice versa which is usually the case) is because companies want to make more money, plain and simple. Just common business practices really.

View PostSpirrwell, on 10 May 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Well you can alter your IP address with some programs. Basically you have a list of different IPs you can use all around the world. You might be able to trick Steam that way.

Never give anybody that advice again unless you want them to get their steam account banned!
I am an expert in how steam works inside and outside and masking your ip via proxy won't trick steam but if somebody actually has some private vpn's and tricks steam into thinking you are in a different region than you really are, there are 90% changes that steam will not allow you to play the game you just bought simply because steam has a regional protection.
If you were to buy a game key from russia and you wanted to activate it on steam in any other country besides russia, steam will error and refuse to allow you.
If you by luck managed to trick steam into thinking you are from a different region by using a public proxy, there are big chances that valve would end up disabling your steam account for multiple ip usage.
So do not attempt to trick the steam region at all, unless you want to get your account permanently disabled.

• tile 1018

View PostMr.Deviance, on 10 May 2011 - 06:44 PM, said:

Never give anybody that advice again unless you want them to get their steam account banned!
I am an expert in how steam works inside and outside and masking your ip via proxy won't trick steam but if somebody actually has some private vpn's and tricks steam into thinking you are in a different region than you really are, there are 90% changes that steam will not allow you to play the game you just bought simply because steam has a regional protection.
If you were to buy a game key from russia and you wanted to activate it on steam in any other country besides russia, steam will error and refuse to allow you.
If you by luck managed to trick steam into thinking you are from a different region by using a public proxy, there are big chances that valve would end up disabling your steam account for multiple ip usage.
So do not attempt to trick the steam region at all, unless you want to get your account permanently disabled.

As I've pointed out, I know nothing about ordering Steam, I just came up with what I've been able to do. I don't mean to cause trouble.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSpirrwell, on 10 May 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

As I've pointed out, I know nothing about ordering Steam, I just came up with what I've been able to do. I don't mean to cause trouble.

*Walks in twirling Bobby nightstick* What's all this then?

• tile 1018

View PostDN4EVR, on 10 May 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

*Walks in twirling Bobby nightstick* What's all this then?

I'm sorry, but I don't care what I do, but I never meant to cause trouble for anybody else. So let's shut up and end it here

And in response to your cop-like idiom, you shouldn't go after me, I know some rapists, druggies, and all sorts of screwed up people around my neighborhood. Computer hacking is my crime of choice, and I haven't done much.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSpirrwell, on 10 May 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but I don't care what I do, but I never meant to cause trouble for anybody else. So let's shut up and end it here

And in response to your cop-like idiom, you shouldn't go after me, I know some rapists, druggies, and all sorts of screwed up people around my neighborhood. Computer hacking is my crime of choice, and I haven't done much.

No worries...I was only kidding. Have a good night then. ;)

User is offline   Outtagum 

You gonna get cut!

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSpirrwell, on 10 May 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Computer hacking is my crime of choice, and I haven't done much.

Yeah. Me too, but too chicken here, some peeps I found hack back. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 10 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

• tile 1018

View PostHank, on 10 May 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

Yeah. Me too, but too chicken here, some peeps I found hack back. Posted Image

Heheh, normally I'd say to stay on topic, but since the thread is basically over, derailing isn't too big of an issue. I'm not too afraid to hack. I learned a lot of my hacking skills because of my school. They block things, so I unblock them. I could care less about getting sent to the principal's office and getting lectured about how it's illegal or whatever. Since I'm young, the worst that'll ever happen to me is getting sent to reformatory school, but I've always found a way out of getting in trouble, and even if I did get in trouble, I still wouldn't care.

So basically, if they can't break me, I win.

View PostSpirrwell, on 10 May 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Aha! I tried it myself.. It does work if you go to the Steam store through a regular Internet browser, BUT it does not work if you go through the Steam program.

Yea looks like its easy to get the steam store to work through a browser, but the actual steam.exe is a different story.

From what I understand, they patched this to fix the proxy hole issues at some point within the last year or two. I'm wondering if it's possible to proxy through an older version of steam in order to bypass the proxy protection. Do older versions of steam allow you to download games, or do they require you to update to the latest client in order to be able to purchase/download any game? And if that's the case, I wonder where we could find an older steam client.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Older versions of Steam won't even operate until you update. They work offline but that kinda misses the point.

I got it working. Took about 6 hours to figure it out. Well worth it.

This post has been edited by Gf11speed: 12 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

• tile 1018

View PostGf11speed, on 12 May 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

I got it working.

Great, I've just became an accomplice to finding away around Steam's security... Oh well, whoever does this can do it at their own risk.

View PostSpirrwell, on 12 May 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

Great, I've just became an accomplice to finding away around Steam's security... Oh well, whoever does this can do it at their own risk.

That's ok lol

View PostGf11speed, on 12 May 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

I got it working. Took about 6 hours to figure it out. Well worth it.

You are going to fail. Trust me when I say this. I know what I'm talking about.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 12 May 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

You are going to fail. Trust me when I say this. I know what I'm talking about.

What do you mean?

• tile 1018

View PostGf11speed, on 13 May 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

What do you mean?

He means you're going to get banned, which at this point won't really matter considering if you get banned now, you'll be able switch back to a different IP, but I don't know, like I said, do it at your own risk.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 13 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

I'm not sure, does Mr. Deviance really know what he is talking about xD

• tile 1018

View PostJhect, on 13 May 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

I'm not sure, does Mr. Deviance really know what he is talking about xD

He's smarter than me, so... yeah.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options