Duke4.net Forums: Revelation Or Bad Thought? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Revelation Or Bad Thought?

User is offline   trackit 

While playing Crysis demo yesterday it suddenly stroke me:

I have been excited about DNF and all that, visiting 3DR forums for years searching for DNF news/info, been waiting for a trailer etc, but im i really a gamer anymore? Maybe its just nostalgic feelings, excitement and inertia that drives me and i really dont want to play DNF as much as i think?
Its just something that i implanted in my brain from long ago "i really really want to play DNF" but its not valid anymore.

I mean i dont remember the last FPS that i bothered to finish. Every FPS game that i try to play ends up boring pretty quickly and i switch for doing other things. And even while playing anticipated Crysis demo it couldnt hold my attention for long. Yeah ok, my rig cant handle it on high settings, but it ran pretty ok on medium.
I am not saying that Crysis (or any other game) is bad or anything, Im just saying that maybe i am not a gamer anymore and i dont really need to be excited about DNF cause i wount bother to finish it either?

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Nostalgia might very well be the case here...
But, it's your call if that's bad or not... if you want the game, and can't get yourself to enjoy it, at least you have it for your collection, as a Duke fan...

That said, i perfectly understand how you feel, but if you want to play the game, or just own it is a taste thing, that might have come with your age...
Since you have such a strong attraction to the game, i'd say you should at least get it... maybe you won't enjoy it like the old times because your love for games have faded a bit, but at least it feeds your hunger for getting DNF after all this time...

Does any if this, even make sense..?

User is offline   SyntaxN 

I´m interested in every good shooter, as always. In DNF´s case related to Crysis...it is kinda sad for me because i´m running out of things to expect from DNF that haven´t been done yet. I mean, Crysis has all the mayhem that i expect from a modern Duke Nukem game, and then some with great gameplay and an (hopefully) interesting story.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Only thing I'm mildly bummed about and I'm sure it's coincidence(though I remember suggesting it well over a year ago on the official 3dr DNF forum for a level) was a "zero g" level. Well Crysis has a "zero g" level where everything is weightless and you fight enemies with all sorts of things floating around.

Anyways....
Duke is Duke.

Crysis looks to be a hell of a game. I'm sure DNF will be worth it too. :)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Well, Crysis doesn't have battlelords...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options