Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer revealed - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer revealed  "and demo is coming VERY soon"

User is offline   Honza 

Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer video has been revealed on Gamespot: http://www.gamespot....r/video/6312562

Demo is coming VERY soon:
Posted Image

more info available at my blog: Duke Nukem Forever demo is coming very soon

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

E1L1 aka Hollywood Holocaust confirmed.

EDIT: It almost looks to me as they used the movie sign from the HRP. ;)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 09 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

View PostThe Commander, on 09 May 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

E1L1 aka Hollywood Holocaust confirmed.

What the fuck? They would not dare to copy the work of fans.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 May 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

Until it's released I can't be 100% sure, but then in saying that I think according to the HRP license that 3DR/Gearbox owns certain rights in the HRP. (As in the HRP assets can only be used in Duke3D and no other games etc)

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostThe Commander, on 09 May 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

No, it doesn't. The sign is such a generic thing to begin with that you cannot not look similar. Also, the brief view you get in that video hardly justifies such a comment.
The HRP license says that the artwork itself is the property of the artist, but the contents of the art are the property of Duke3D. I think it actually gets more specific (like the characters) but the contents of the art are part of the Duke(3D) IP.

I am glad that E1L1 makes it into the game as a MP level, but I wish that woman wouldn't say "um" so much, it was distracting.

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 09 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

View PostMr.Flibble, on 09 May 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

No, it doesn't. The sign is such a generic thing to begin with that you cannot not look similar. Also, the brief view you get in that video hardly justifies such a comment.
The HRP license says that the artwork itself is the property of the artist, but the contents of the art are the property of Duke3D. I think it actually gets more specific (like the characters) but the contents of the art are part of the Duke(3D) IP.

I am glad that E1L1 makes it into the game as a MP level, but I wish that woman wouldn't say "um" so much, it was distracting.

That woman has moments when she is a man and moments when I would stick a finger in her mouth just for trials...
But she mostly acts manly which is not very good.

Well, like I said I couldn't be sure, we will find out very soon.

I am also sure that if turned out that it was the one from the HRP that the artist would be given credit etc.

View PostThe Commander, on 09 May 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Well, like I said I couldn't be sure, we will find out very soon.

I am also sure that if turned out that it was the one from the HRP that the artist would be given credit etc.

Credit or not, if that shit would actually be true, it would be extremely sad from 3drealms's part, if they got so low as to use community remakes of the asses that they originally invented...
Something would definitely be wrong and it would mean that 3drealms simply can't make games anymore due to some very crazy reason like... Dunno, maybe the entire 3drealms dev team overdosed on LSD one night or something like that...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 09 May 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

Oh stop complaining already.......if someone gets their art used(which is most likely unlikely here as others have said) they should feel honored. And also try their hardest to get a cut of that sweet cash money. ;)

Stop whining and acting hurt so much you soap opera prepubescent child...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Mr. Deviance is the Dr House of this community. Except not as funny.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 09 May 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

Also reported for derogatory language.

oh my fucking god dude... really?

You're on a forum for DUKE FUCKING NUKEM, what the shit balls is "derogatory language"???

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 May 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

First, that is hilarious and true, 1 up for you sir ;)

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 09 May 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Maybe I should have said harassing language. It just seems every time I reply Deviance is there to mock and deride me. Then he turns it around, edits his posts, and says it's my fault. Again, i'm done being offtopic here.......sorry about all this.

and second of all, Dukey, maybe you should block Deviance if he bothers you so much, that way you won't have to read anything he writes anymore, even though half the forum would disappear ;)

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 09 May 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

Because he sometimes makes me laugh at his stupidity? :\

Jesus Christ. Stop derailing threads.

Oh FFS, I have had enough of this fucking school yard shit.

Helps if you made it in the right section, as your "Off topic" as nothing to do with DNF.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 May 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Lol. I never got compared to him before, would like to meet him if he was real though. He is pure genius.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Damn, now I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight. Between this and Mr. Deviance's screencap in that other thread, I'm going to be dreaming of Duke (No homo).

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 09 May 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Again, i'm done being offtopic here.......sorry about all this.

And then you made 3 more OT posts because you can't resist replying to people.

Going OT is not a crime, but there is limit to how much people can tolerate and you are exceeding it. You have been warned. And the same goes for anyone who chooses to argue with you (I'm looking at you, Mr. Deviance).

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 May 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

LOL, you obviously never heard of what happened with the XBox Live port!

View PostTea Monster, on 09 May 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

No I actually didn't.
But if you ever read my posts before, I think it's pretty obvious how much love I have for the xbox 360 and the ps3 ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTea Monster, on 09 May 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 09 May 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

What happened exactly?

3D Realms used the fan-made JFDuke3D port (which eduke32 is based on) as the foundation for the Xbox Live port, without giving proper credit to those who deserve it. Credit aside, they used fan made material rather than make their own from scratch, which is why Tea Monster mentioned it.

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 10 May 2011 - 12:42 AM, said:

Thanks, I didn't know that. That's sucky though, but in line with what i'd expect from Microsoft sadly.

Actually, it was 3D Realms that did it. Microsoft didn't make the XBLA Port of Duke3D. In fact, MS has nothing to do with it other than being the company that owns the XBox 360 and it's online services.

Sometimes a person's thoughts go faster than they can speak, it can't be helped. As a person who's brain is wired differently than most people, and has a mind that tends to race and skip from thought to thought at least 30 to 40 times per second, I know all too well what it's like.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 May 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

That woman has moments when she is a man and moments when I would stick a finger in her mouth just for trials...
But she mostly acts manly which is not very good.

Hey, doesn't bother me if a woman acts somewhat like a man. I prefer a smart, strong-willed woman who isn't all bubbly and obnoxious, and isn't totally feminine in personality. Just as long as they have some self-confidence and a bit of a "wild/sassy" side. Those kinds of women are more fun to be around, and I can hang around with them as I would my buddies, except with some "benefits" if you catch my drift.

Hell, if said woman happens to like the Duke and doesn't get offended, that's even better. Most would whine, scream, and bitch, drawing the Sexism card the whole while.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 10 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

User is offline   You 

Dear god. Did anyone see the Jedward hair styled Duke in multiplayer?

View PostYou, on 10 May 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Dear god. Did anyone see the Jedward hair styled Duke in multiplayer?

Sadly :/

View PostStrikerMan780, on 10 May 2011 - 04:43 AM, said:

I prefer a smart, strong-willed woman who isn't all bubbly and obnoxious, and isn't totally feminine in personality.

Trust me, that preference will start to vary with the temperature at one point.
There will be days when you will prefer what you said and then there will be days where you will totally go for a more feminine type.
When it comes to women, you can always find yourself liking the ones you used to hate and vice versa and I think it has something to do with age because it started happening to me and to others that I've talked at about 22-23 or close to that.
Everybody that I know confirmed me this happened to them too at one point where they couldn't believe what kind of women they suddenly started to like.
But let's not start a debate about women and derail the whole topic lol...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 10 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

hehe wise words there mr. deviance ;)

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMr.Deviance, on 10 May 2011 - 06:14 AM, said:

Trust me, that preference will start to vary with the temperature at one point.
There will be days when you will prefer what you said and then there will be days where you will totally go for a more feminine type.

Well, physically I definitely prefer those with a feminine look and figure. I'm more just speaking in the lines of general personality. I like the more mature and somewhat tomboyish type while still maintaining a bit of sassiness and a good sense of humor. I do like SOME feminine traits, and if they are open, confident and comfortable with their sexual side, that's even better. This is a fixed thing for me, and hasn't changed in years and I don't see it changing in the future.

But yeah, on subject, I have to say the DNF Multiplayer looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Definitely looks like something my Clan would enjoy focusing on. I just really hope there will be an SDK and that it'll be possible to make custom mutators, Ala. UT2004. I don't see why there couldn't be.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 10 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong thread...I thought this thread was about DNF multiplayer. My apologies. I'll go over and make a new thread about DNF multiplayer because it seems like it would be an interesting topic to discuss on the DNF section of the Duke4.net forum.

User is offline   ch108 

Do you think the gore in that multiplayer video is representative of the singleplayer game? Because I don't feel that it's anywhere near as gorey as what I have come to expect in Duke Nukem. ;)

View PostMr.Flibble, on 10 May 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong thread...I thought this thread was about DNF multiplayer. My apologies. I'll go over and make a new thread about DNF multiplayer because it seems like it would be an interesting topic to discuss on the DNF section of the Duke4.net forum.

;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options