• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever multiplayer revealed  "and demo is coming VERY soon"

User is offline   You 

Where the new hairstyle comes from:

Posted Image

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Yeah, I noticed that hats thing...I wonder if they will make you buy that stuff or something. I wonder what types of custom MP characters there are. Since it is Unreal based, there may be room to add fan made MP models, but you never know.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 10 May 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

Yeah, I noticed that hats thing...I wonder if they will make you buy that stuff or something. I wonder what types of custom MP characters there are. Since it is Unreal based, there may be room to add fan made MP models, but you never know.

That would be fantastic. I can't see why they wouldn't leave that option open -- it's proven that allowing fan-created content keeps a buzz alive.

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

Multiplayer looks too old school for me. Thought would be interested to see what the Mod PC community does with it. They will probably fix it and ill wait for that and they will also probably add the Coop to it and fix the things Gearbox couldn't.

So yeah I kinda feel sorry for the Console players.. the multiplayer seems rushed to me. Then again they didn't have alot of time to fix it.

I am more into what the Single Player is about anyways.
If anything it reminds me of the multiplayer for Bioshock 2 and it sucked really badly and would crash constantly when it first came out.

I loved to see some multiplayer footage, though it is quite sad to see that the body parts floating around looks a bit wrong and old. There were a few flaws in the video that should not happen in game released at this time. Though i don't care about these flaws as i would like the game makers to focus on other things, this is a good thing for me. But i fear that these flaws will upset other players ( mainstream shitheads )

View Postmuskydragon, on 10 May 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

Multiplayer looks too old school for me. Thought would be interested to see what the Mod PC community does with it. They will probably fix it and ill wait for that and they will also probably add the Coop to it and fix the things Gearbox couldn't.

So yeah I kinda feel sorry for the Console players.. the multiplayer seems rushed to me. Then again they didn't have alot of time to fix it.

I am more into what the Single Player is about anyways.
If anything it reminds me of the multiplayer for Bioshock 2 and it sucked really badly and would crash constantly when it first came out.

What ?

Do you want it to be like Call of Duty ?
This is exactly what i was expecting from a Duke game, old school multiplayer.
I see the customisation as a bonus feature, not something needed like in CoD.

The few times i played Black Ops and MW2 online, i had the thought they were giving advantage to the players that play day and night, the players that are always on top.
It is very unbalanced, in my opinion.

I am glad DNF didn't choose this style.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostYou, on 10 May 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

Where the new hairstyle comes from:

Posted Image
Good one.....who are they?

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostDN4EVR, on 10 May 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Good one.....who are they?

According to my TinEye plugin, these guys: http://www.guardian....-one-last-thing

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 12 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Hollywood Holocaust looks pretty cool, especially since it's an in-game duplicate of the map. Take a look at the window textures; they aren't actual windows but wallpaper with windows printed on (with paper creases and all), and the backdrop is painted on the walls.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostFox Mulder, on 12 May 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

According to my TinEye plugin, these guys: http://www.guardian....-one-last-thing

TinEye is the shit ;)

View Postferran275, on 12 May 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

TinEye is the shit ;)

I keep saying that google needs to bring such a service to google images.
Reverse image search is perfect.

User is offline   You 

Hollywood holocaust confirmed! List of death match maps:

Spoiler

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Very interesting list of maps there.

The multiplayer doesn't look that thrilling, but it's at least got the old school feel in many respects. It'll be fun to play with friends, I'm sure. Plus I'm definatly more into DNF for the single player than anything else. Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Were did you get that? if any short of list like that appears but for Single Player maps then I strongly advise that NO ONE posts it here. Goddamned spoilers!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDavoX, on 15 May 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

Were did you get that? if any short of list like that appears but for Single Player maps then I strongly advise that NO ONE posts it here. Goddamned spoilers!

It's marked as a spoiler. You didn't have to look. Come on now. Posted Image

View PostGeoffrey, on 12 May 2011 - 02:51 AM, said:

Hollywood Holocaust looks pretty cool, especially since it's an in-game duplicate of the map. Take a look at the window textures; they aren't actual windows but wallpaper with windows printed on (with paper creases and all), and the backdrop is painted on the walls.

I hope you can still jump through the windows for secrets

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 15 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

User is offline   Jojounin 

1:46.... Do I see Co-op? @_@

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

^ Sorry youngloov, that is in fact Holoduke.

User is offline   Jojounin 

So they made the Holoduke fight back now?

Or pretend to, at least. Although, considering the amount of influence Duke has in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if he funded research for "Holograms that actually affect reality" technology.

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 15 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

looks like you can possibley configure the holoduke?

Spoiler

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostBetelgeuse, on 15 May 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

looks like you can possibley configure the holoduke?

unless what he is holding in this picture is a tripmine or something?

<image>
i have no idea, im just taking random stabs in the dark here :)

It's a tripmine.

From the look of the Tripmine's .bik file, you can set it to laser, or timed detonation.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 15 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

ahh well that would make sense, especially with the "towards enemy" part and also the big red circle in the middle. actually it's pretty obvious, sorry people! haha. /facepalms self

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options