Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Pre-purchase through Steam now available! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Pre-purchase through Steam now available!

User is offline   KedZee 

http://store.steampo....com/app/57900/

We're getting close now, my friends.

Also, there's a 10 % discount when you pre-purchase the game through Steam.

This post has been edited by KedZee: 09 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   ferran275 

So there you have it folks, a real true DNF entry on Steam, pre-purchasing the game actually takes the money out of your account immediately, so you will have actually spent real money on Duke Nukem Forever, kind of an ethereal feeling. I want to do it, but I'm getting the Balls of Steel edition so there wouldn't be much point. It's just gonna suck when midnight June 14th rolls around and everyone will be playing and i'll be waiting for UPS, gonna be the longest day of my life! ;)

I think you beat me to it, Mods please lock my thread thanks ;)

User is offline   KedZee 

View Postferran275, on 09 May 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

I think you beat me to it, Mods please lock my thread thanks ;)

Possibly.
Although I didn't mention anything about the discount. Will make up for that right away.

You should have credit for the effort though ;)

This post has been edited by KedZee: 09 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

User is offline   Jojounin 

I've been waiting to see how much it will cost on Steam.
But I found out that on ShopTo.net it's cheaper and you also get into the First Access Club AND you get a free speaking key ring.

My only problem is that you'll probably have to use the game's disc in order to play it.. or is the retail version from ShopTo a Steamworks title?

This post has been edited by Jojounin: 09 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

User is offline   KedZee 

AFAIK you'll need to get DNF activated through Steam, which in turn means that you most likely won't need to have the disc in the PC while playing it.

I'm not 100 % certain about this however. Might wanna wait to see if someone can confirm this.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

JUNE 9?? I'm in Argentina, does this mean that Argentina is part of the "International release" date? ;)

Posted Image

User is offline   E.C.S 

Heck yes! now... to wait to Argentina to see when they will use a International Visa... damn my bad luck

User is offline   KedZee 

Notice the "approximately" in the release date, DavoX ;)

But yea, it would seem like it is. Unless Steam got special permissions to release it worldwide a few days before everybody else.

Wouldn't believe that to be the case though.

User is offline   aftli 

Man. That actually feels weird after all of these years. Demo tomorrow! ;)

User is offline   Mack 

Steam pre-order placed and Balls of Steel pre-order placed with Amazon, release day launch play secured, now to book a week off of work.

View PostMack, on 09 May 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

Steam pre-order placed and Balls of Steel pre-order placed with Amazon, release day launch play secured, now to book a week off of work.

So what are you doing? buying it twice for the same system? I'm thinking of changing my BoS edition preorder to PS3 and preordering on Steam... decisions decisions

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I was just looking at the page. I logged in, added it to my Steam wishlist, and now I can't view it. Says I'm not permitted to view it at this time. Even when logged out....this happening for anybody else? I correctly answered the age verification and was looking at the store page logged in.....are they making changes or is my side weirding out?

EDIT:Never mind. Restarted Steam and it's ok now.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   Mack 

View PostDavoX, on 09 May 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

JUNE 9?? I'm in Argentina, does this mean that Argentina is part of the "International release" date? ;)

Looks that way, here's mine (Canada):
Posted Image

View Postferran275, on 09 May 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

So what are you doing? buying it twice for the same system? I'm thinking of changing my BoS edition preorder to PS3 and preordering on Steam... decisions decisions

Yes. My BoS is PC along with the Steam copy. I don't want to risk waiting a few days for the BoS to show up. I will most likely be giving away the BoS copy to someone or selling it for a lesser price depending if the key is attached to any perks.

This post has been edited by Mack: 09 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

At the price this game is on Steam, it would be cheaper for me to buy this retail.

Only with this 10% discount it seems slightly cheaper than retail, but that cost would then go towards the data I would potential have to purchase just to download it. ;)

My unlock is the 10 June if anyone cared.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 09 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostThe Commander, on 09 May 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

Only with this 10% discount it seems slightly cheaper than retail, but that cost would then go towards the data I would potential have to purchase just to download it. ;)

What the heck are you talking about?

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 May 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

What the heck are you talking about?

What don't you understand?
I pay like $1 per GB.

User is offline   Montykoro 

View PostDavoX, on 09 May 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

Shure, and the version of DNF is the ROW (Pre order today)

View PostThe Commander, on 09 May 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

What don't you understand?
I pay like $1 per GB.

What the hell?
You don't even have a free amount of GB that you can use before you start paying 1$ per GB?
Where the hell are you living? Are you living in the jungle or what?

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 May 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

What the hell?
You don't even have a free amount of GB that you can use before you start paying 1$ per GB?
Where the hell are you living? Are you living in the jungle or what?

No, I pay a set fee each month no matter if I use zero data or 5 GB.

e.g. $39.95 per month minus data used.
So for example If I used 5gb in the months time my monthly bill would be $44.95, this is actually quite cheap compared to most of the ISP in New Zealand. Plus it is also full speed up which a lot of other ISP here don't do with out charging you heap more. But this is going too OT for me now.

User is offline   zwieback 

i'm in space

just bought the steam version ;)

User is offline   ch108 

View Postzwieback, on 10 May 2011 - 03:04 AM, said:

i'm in space

just bought the steam version ;)

Pre-Purchased mine yesterday for £29.99 (No discounts)

$49.01 in US Dollars

But I do get it on the 10th so not all bad ;)

User is offline   ch108 

View PostDukeyofEarl, on 10 May 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

No BOS edition for you then? :\

Well it's a lot of money for me and I have become a bit lazy and steam obsessed at the moment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options