Duke4.net Forums: Which game reviewer you like the most in these 2? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which game reviewer you like the most in these 2?  "AVGN or I rate gamer or both."

Poll: Which game reviewer you like the most in these 2? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one are your favorite?

1. Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) (14 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. I Rate Gamer (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Both (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. Who are they? (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Which of those game reviewer you like the most if you've heard of them.

I am sure belongs to the gaming topic because they review games / play them.
They play all sort of games.

Me I personally like both of them.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Why isn't IGSRJ in the list? ;)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 08 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostThe Commander, on 08 May 2011 - 07:41 AM, said:

Never heard of him tho.

AVGN and Irategamer were found by accident.
Well those 2 users are enormously famous.

AVGN has over 1/4 billions views.
Irategamer has about 90s millions

I can check out the vids of that user u've shown.

View PostZaxtor, on 08 May 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

AVGN and Irategamer were found by accident.
Well those 2 users are enormously famous.

"found by accident" what on earth does that mean?
The only reason that the irategamer is famous is because he ripped/copied the whole idea and ways of doing video game reviews as AVGN.

AVGN is the true and only original, anyone else just a copy cat. IGSRJ is just a parody of them.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

View PostThe Commander, on 08 May 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

"found by accident" what on earth does that mean?
The only reason that the irategamer is famous is because he ripped/copied the whole idea and ways of doing video game reviews as AVGN.

AVGN is the true and only original, anyone else just a copy cat. IGSRJ is just a parody of them.

I know irategamer riped avgn

But still they are both funny but I would choose avgn first.

Best part when he send death threats to Jessica Rabbit.

Also the TMNT when he says that extremely long load of profanity.

By accident I mean I was going to click another link but my mouse had shit in its laser sensor and slide against my will so I clicked his vid instead of other vid.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

Lazy Game Reviews ftw

http://www.youtube.c...ser/phreakindee

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 10 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Best song eva (full).
The theme of AVGN. Dunno if it should be in listen to songs or gaming.
Cus is a AVGN theme and has a lot of game picx

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 08 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

AVGN is a living classic! I am usually hardly amused but James Rolfe(AVGN) makes me laugh every single time, plus he has a soothing way of talking interesting stuff about anything he reviews. Whether he reviews games or movies, his calm and mature analysis of things combined with sudden acts of extreme immaturity and original cursing = pure win!
He is great at creating a cult of personality.
I've seen every single video that he has ever posted on his site.
Another guy that might be harder to get used to at first but who is also a funny guy (that happens to be friends with avgn) is nostalgia critic.
As for irate gamer... Wow first time I hear about him today and I just saw the beginning of some of his reviews and wow all I can say is DISGUSTING!
He is a miserable clone of avgn, the purest form of avgn fail clone...

View PostThe Commander, on 08 May 2011 - 07:41 AM, said:

Simply because IGSRJ is a piece of shit that copies avgn and doesn't even fucking use his voice, he uses some shitty microsoft sam synthesizer to speak his shitty text that contains the same curses and jokes used by avgn...
Where the hell did you find that piece of shit. I bet you have to search a lot on youtube to come up with those videos lol...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Post glitch.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

User is offline   Hank 

I voted: Who are they.
Honestly, without Zaxtors post I would have known neither. And popping into both sites via a Google search, both seem useless. The only game reviewer that counts are forums. I judge unknown games on posts from the people who actually play for fun not from peeps seeking attention. Posted Image

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

AVGN is gold. The Irate Gamer is garbage. He's a horrible actor and reviewer. Now, James Rolfe isn't the best actor in the world either but at least he puts effort into it. The horrible thing is people actually prefer him to the much more gifted James Rolfe. Irate Gamer actually completely ripped off AVGN's reviews more than once in the past. Word for word.

In these two i like AVGN more,but the best game reviewer is Zero Punctuation

This post has been edited by Mister Sinister: 08 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 08 May 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

Simply because IGSRJ is a piece of shit that copies avgn and doesn't even fucking use his voice, he uses some shitty microsoft sam synthesizer to speak his shitty text that contains the same curses and jokes used by avgn...
Where the hell did you find that piece of shit. I bet you had to search a lot on youtube to come up with such shitty videos....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody

You must be one of those guys that don't have a sense of humour or are just so blindly stupid to see when someone is purposely trying to make fun of something.

View PostMister Sinister, on 08 May 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

In these two i like AVGN more,but the best game reviewer is Zero Punctuation

AVGN is not comparable with Zero Punctuation AT ALL, not even 0.1%
AVGN acts his hatred for shitty games (which he openly admitted that sometimes he even likes in real life) while Zero Punctuation is a fast speech that makes insulting jokes to modern games while some funny pics move on the screen that are in sync with the review.
Zero punctioation reminds me of Maddox and his site www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
While both funny, they are not comparable at all. AVGN doesn't even review games new games, he just tries to find bad things in the old ones.

Yeah,they are not comparable,but i don't compare them.Just for me ZP is funnier,than AVGN ;) .

View PostMister Sinister, on 08 May 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

Yeah,they are not comparable,but i don't compare them.Just for me ZP is funnier,than AVGN ;) .

I also like oranges more than apples.

• The Sarien Encounter

It's no parody. He rips off AVGN and gets all the credit. That's called plagiarism.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 May 2011 - 04:13 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 May 2011 - 04:13 AM, said:

It's no parody. He rips off AVGN and gets all the credit. That's called plagiarism.

That's what I was thinking too...
But if James doesn't give a shit why should we?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

The interesting thing I find with AVGN, is that he didn't originally intend on doing game reviews and such. He just made videos complaining at how horrible some games were, and he sounded a bit drunk. I doubt he ever thought he'd ever be doing something like that on a semi-professional level. He's completely original. Then again, I just watched his videos for laughs, so I could've missed something, but this is just the way I understand it.

As for the Irate Gamer, you can tell he's reading from a script, he overuses CG effects, and he seems like a blatant copy of AVGN to me. Although, if it weren't for the Irate Gamer, I'd never know about AVGN.

A lot of this is opinion based, so please don't argue with me about it, we all have our opinions.

• The Sarien Encounter

I care because James doesn't care. James is a great humble and fair guy to not be upset at being so plagiarized. Those who turn the other cheek deserve least to be ripped off.

User is offline   ch108 

I've always found AVGN pretty entertaining, I haven't seen much of an I rate gamer video, mainly because it didn't hold my attention long enough.

James opened my eyes to the sheer volume of badly constructed/programmed 8/16 bit movie video game cash-ins that existed and made it funny.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I find it funny the battletoad one when he had a fight with Kyle Justin (music for AVGN) and Kyle cries.

AVGN: [Kyle Justin sits on the couch next to the nerd.] Who the fuck are you?
Kyle Justin: I'm your guitar guy. I sing your theme song from behind the couch.
AVGN: WELL THEN GO BACK BEHIND THE DAMN COUCH! Geez!
Kyle Justin: You know, that's not the welcome I really expected.
AVGN: Well look, you can't just sit here while I do the review.
Kyle Justin: Why can't I do the review with you?
AVGN: CAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS! I play the game and you GET YOUR ASS BACK BEHIND THE FUCKING COUCH!!
Kyle Justin: (about to cry) I don't get to do anything! You don't even use my song that much anymore!
AVGN: Why are you always behind my damn couch anyway?
Kyle Justin: There are no other couches to go behind!

Lol you can find all his quote on the wikiquote site.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 10 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options