Duke4.net Forums: Duke at Home Playing Duke - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke at Home Playing Duke  "just for you......"

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

O.k., it's been a while since my last video. This one's for you, defining ass-kicking top to bottom, as Duke gets in gear and cranks up the tunes while showing the world who's King! Featuring 'Cannon", my former band with the song "Coming Down" fits so perfect with Duke, I just had to make it. Hope you all enjoy it!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostVinsaneOne, on 06 May 2011 - 01:43 AM, said:

O.k., it's been a while since my last video. This one's for you, defining ass-kicking top to bottom, as Duke gets in gear and cranks up the tunes while showing the world who's King! Featuring 'Cannon", my former band with the song "Coming Down" fits so perfect with Duke, I just had to make it. Hope you all enjoy it!

Good job, man. Good job.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Haha, kickass video. Action packed, full of one-liners, epic and funny ending. A must see ;)

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

That was great... ;)
Thanks. ;)

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Hank 

That song is so sick, badass, or whatever you call it nowadays.
Groovy was like when I learned English, definitely NOT, fitting; superfine? Whatever, still thinking .... Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

Goodwork Vinsane! you have came along way with your video editing ;)

Without quoting all your posts, I wanna say thanks to each of you for the kind words. It's the hope that people enjoy what you do that makes it all worth doing.
Thanks again!

View PostVinsaneOne, on 07 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

Without quoting all your posts, I wanna say thanks to each of you for the kind words. It's the hope that people enjoy what you do that makes it all worth doing.
Thanks again!

Oh no... Thank YOU. ;)

That looks like a HUGE amount of work... how long did that take you to make?

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Spiker 

Damn you're really talented. I've seen all your movies and they're amazing.

User is offline   Alexx 

Good job great video

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 May 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Oh no... Thank YOU. ;)

That looks like a HUGE amount of work... how long did that take you to make?

MrBlackCat

I started recording footage last year for an idea but didn't have much of a plan. I didn't want it to be another play-thu video. Then Commando Nukem gave me a clip he filmed of a map intended for another project we scraped. So, lucky for that footage of Duke's apt, because the map itself got nuked on a smoked HD. Having that clip put the plan in motion and I started gathering more footage since Jan. I racked up close to 200 Fraped clips that I had to review. From the beginning of March, I started narrowing it down to 167 keepers. After cutting the best stuff out of that footage, it seemed I needed more. But at about that time I downloaded and played the latest Duke Plus and saw some cool shit I just had to capture like when the troopers get hit, they sometimes fly out of control, and explode. I suggested that idea btw, not to the letter, but close. Made me happy DT was listening. Anyway, editing for the movie itself started around April 11. Delays began with WindowsMovieMangler not wanting to load projects, and hanging in the middle of editing. Untill I was able to correct this crappy program, it took a few days away from me. During that time, thanks to DanM and Muelesa, I was given extra footage (Bike and the 'finger') to include as well. I also used Nero Vision which has pip, and multi video and audio tracks that helped with the transition from Duke's desk to the game starting at the begining. I would have just used Nero for the whole production, but for some strange reason, it treated .avi files as audio files! Movie mangler wouldn't render my projects to a movie if it was longer than 2 mins too! More problems than I expected to happen, happend. So rendering smaller clips to .wmv files in MM, worked as imported movie files in Nero. Adding the voiceovers was a snap! Guess it took like 9 weeks, working a few hours a day to finish it. Worth every frame!

View PostSpiker, on 07 May 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

Damn you're really talented. I've seen all your movies and they're amazing.

Glad to hear you watched them all, wow! Thank you!

View PostAlexx, on 09 May 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

Good job great video

Thank you very much!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I was wondering how you got unreleased footage of DNE gameplay. At the time I rushed over to the modifications forum to check if it had been released, and I remember being disappointed Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 10 May 2011 - 04:53 AM, said:

I was wondering how you got unreleased footage of DNE gameplay. At the time I rushed over to the modifications forum to check if it had been released, and I remember being disappointed Posted Image

No disapointments now, it's all good there Micky! ;)

Thank you for the reply... I figured that would be a lot of work! ;)

I am glad you do it. I appreciate that many people here apply a skill they have into their love of Duke Nukem. ;)
Your videos, DavoX sculpts, others do images, renders or music, maps, sounds, so many people on the HRP do so much in so many ways. Is inspiring for sure. Is all people giving back some of what they got from Duke Nukem 3D. ;)

MrBlackCat

View PostMrBlackCat, on 11 May 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

Thank you for the reply... I figured that would be a lot of work! ;)

I am glad you do it. I appreciate that many people here apply a skill they have into their love of Duke Nukem. ;)
Your videos, DavoX sculpts, others do images, renders or music, maps, sounds, so many people on the HRP do so much in so many ways. Is inspiring for sure. Is all people giving back some of what they got from Duke Nukem 3D. ;)

MrBlackCat

Well said. A great game like this will go on for many years to come. What people have done, and will continue to do with DN3D is a testament to that!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 14 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options