• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Osama Reported dead

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

finally

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Statement to be given by the President shortly...

Link here

PWNED.

This just in: Duke reportedly invited to come to the coroner's office, rip his head off, and shit down his neck.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 01 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I posted about this on the official EDuke32 Facebook a few minutes ago and immediately got about 20 likes. Good riddance to terrorist garbage!

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

I kept seeing stuff all over Facebook and was like "what the fuck?" so I check my Google Reader and nothing...so I check Facebook and see more...then someone finally gets a news story out there so I read that...it was useless. Then a Google News Search finally got me some information.
I stand by this:
Pics or it didn't happen.
I'm pretty sure there were a few times when they thought they had him and it turned out to be not him. Unless it is a confirmed kill...it isn't a kill.

However, I do hope they don't do some crazy shit like desecrate his body. The man is a martyr already, don't make it worse by being dicks. Give his body over to be buried by his family.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 01 May 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

The man is a martyr already, don't make it worse by being dicks. Give his body over to be buried by his family.

Time to develop astral imaging cameras, and get some pics of him NOT being laid by a bunch of virgins.

• I have the power!

Dammit. I never looked around to how to post the video...but it does it automagically.

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 01 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

hopefully we will hear a similar statement about gaddafi soon

User is offline   Hank 

good,Posted Image but it ain't over. Two new attacks already. Posted Image This mother-fuck's spirit will live forever. Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

About damn time.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDanM, on 01 May 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

hopefully we will hear a similar statement about gaddafi soon

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

The wheels of justice turn slow, but turn they do.

I am, however, very concerned about retaliation from his supporters.

Thanks to Mr. Green for these very interesting links:

http://news.ninemsn....al-travel-alert
http://news.yahoo.co...bly-in-pakistan

User is offline   Stabs 

lol @ commander those 2 make a good team

User is offline   Zaxtor 

He got pwn.
He deserves it.

User is offline   Sebastian 

This is obviously very good news. But... call me ignorant, but I don't see how this is going to magically make the world more peaceful.
In a few months a new terrorist leader will step up to the task and pick up where Osama left off.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostSebastian, on 01 May 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

This is obviously very good news. But... call me ignorant, but I don't see how this is going to magically make the world more peaceful.
In a few months a new terrorist leader will step up to the task and pick up where Osama left off.

Still, he's dead, dead, dead! That son of a bitch killed over 3,000 people in my back yard. If someone steps in his place, he will die too!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 02 May 2011 - 01:36 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I guess that means Chas Licciardello from the Chaser can't do anymore Osama impersonation, i.e APEC but he did others.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMicky C, on 02 May 2011 - 01:28 AM, said:

I guess that means Chas Licciardello from the Chaser can't do anymore Osama impersonation, i.e APEC but he did others.

Well Dunham can now do Osama, the dead terrorist!

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostDanM, on 01 May 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

lol @ commander those 2 make a good team

User is offline   Hank 

View PostYatta, on 01 May 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

The wheels of justice turn slow, but turn they do.

I am, however, very concerned about retaliation from his supporters.

At least one (+Mr. Green). Yeah,time to celebrate but also to consider it that took 10 years to assassin one dude. Technically embarrassing. Either way, he is now a god figure legends are made off. That is not destructible, methinks,because the rally point of thought for their hatred still exists. But, on the other hand, we are the number one, fuck'em all. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I just see this as propaganda thingy for American "feelings" mostly. There is an ENDLESS number of his disciples that will step up. While you might could reduce recruitment, you will have to kill every single one of those that followed him. Which I have no problem with, but because it might be offensive to people that we call terrorists, they/we won't.

I am glad he is dead, but it won't change anything in my opinion. But I think this will just create a lot more determination and more "personal crusades" of his followers.

Not comparing these two people, but the concept of crusades and such... Martin Luther King Jr became stronger after his murder than I think he ever would have while he was alive. And the irony is that his dream was that people be judged by the content of their character! That is one thing the majority of his supporters here will never understand.

The good part is that our media is corrupt and self serving enough to not report any further terrorist acts so it will look like we made a difference. ;) Of course when they hit home the next time, they can blame it on whatever administration they don't like "This was caused by a Stone Left Unturned back in the Carter Administration... blah blah blah" Hehehe

Just my view, but I am pessimistic this morning. ;)

MrBlackCat

• I have the power!

On reflection...rejoicing at bin Laden's death is foolish. He managed to bring out the worst (and admittedly the best also) in America. After 9/11 the US was united for a very brief time towards unity and justice....be very quickly it became about vengeance rather than justice. We became, as a nation, intolerant and ignorant. It was ugly and remains ugly. Images of Arab children rejoicing after 9/11 flash in my mind as I think of American children now rejoicing at the death of bin Laden. Irony is twisted.

He should have been arrested and tried by the UN for crimes against humanity.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

A agree with Mr.Flibble... a sense of relief is one thing, but enjoying the death of another person is not acceptable to me. I am WAY pro death penalty. But I don't rejoice... I don't enjoy killing of poisonous snakes on my property, it is a choice I make to protect myself and family from them.

At the same time, I don't automatically feel sorry for someone on the side of the road with a flat tire on the automobile. I don't know them or what caused it... maybe they were too lazy for proper maintenance. Most of this crap is about "Feel Good" stuff not about relief that another killer is put out of commission.

In his eyes he was doing the right thing... just like we think. Just because most of the planet didn't agree doesn't make him any more wrong about his ideas than we are... if you don't believe in some sort of universal right and wrong anyway.

I am glad the majority sees people like him as someone to killed. I more or kill bees/wasps when they are a threat also, but I don't take it upon myself to exterminate them from the planet. Still not his view.

I am glad they killed him personally, but I won't be celebrating.

Forums seem the same to me... people here with completely different views. They might be "right" but if the majority is against your way, you might get killed... or at least a lot of negatives on your posts.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 02 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The wisest thing to do now is get our army out of the middle east, and never have terrorists mentioned in the media again. The worst thing that America did was give them so much attention. In reality, Osama's death means nothing and someone else will just take the reigns in terrorism and continue leading the hundreds of capable field operatives, but with how much the U.S. has improved security it's better to just brush off this now harmless group of fanatics. Hopefully America won't make that mistake again.

I also think the twin towers should have been rebuilt with a whole story added to them, sort of as a "Do it again; we dare you" taunt. Building it in record time would be a nice touch too. Too bad it's too late to do that now...

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Posted Image

Looks great for Dukematch. Any mappers up for it?

Too soon? ;)

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMrBlackCat, on 02 May 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

A agree with Mr.Flibble... a sense of relief is one thing, but enjoying the death of another person is not acceptable to me. I am WAY pro death penalty. But I don't rejoice... I don't enjoy killing of poisonous snakes on my property, it is a choice I make to protect myself and family from them.

Poisonous snakes are worth more than bin Ladens.

My only regret is that I wasn't there to pull the trigger myself.

User is offline   Hank 

not me, I'm out of the mapping business.
A report from AFP, says he had one of his wife's as shield.

"From a visual perspective, here is bin Laden who has been calling forattacks, living in this million dollar plus compound, living in an area that's far removed from the front, hiding behind women who were put in front of him as a shield," he said.

A real chicken. Posted Image

the rest is here
http://www.google.co...0b67078c88f.141

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 02 May 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

My only regret is that I wasn't there to pull the trigger myself.

Amen Brother, but I'm too old now. Anyways. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

• I have the power!

View PostSplat, on 02 May 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

Looks great for Dukematch. Any mappers up for it?

It does look like a great Dukematch or Assault (thinking UT2k4 here) or any type of map really. Should be done...could be done with Build too; it would just be harder.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

My initial reaction was, and still is, "Who gives a fuck?"

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options