Duke4.net Forums: Dnf Unveiled On Or Before December 31, 2007 Poll - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf Unveiled On Or Before December 31, 2007 Poll

Poll: DNF Unveiling Poll (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Will DNF be unveiled before end of year?

1. Yes (11 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

2. No (18 votes [62.07%])

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Doesn't have to be someone who works there though... Maybe someone visited them, and got to hear some stuff, and couldn't keep it for himself... :)

And why the heck are Quotes in German..?! B)

User is offline   Danule 

imagine the game does get released and it ends up being only 5 hours of gameplay? that would be funny.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

It's rumored that the trailer alone is 5 hours.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

View PostRedSplat, on Nov 22 2007, 07:20 PM, said:

It's rumored that the trailer alone is 5 hours.

Because it consists of short footages of just 5% of the interactivity in the game..?

:)

User is offline   rockmx8 

Well I hope to see it next year or this year but it must be between 2007-2008. Thanks I can't wait for it as well. DNF WILL ROCK!!

now we have only 4-5 weeks left. What if they don't show a trailer this year?!
When could we see the first real media?! Does it have to be a special date, or could it be a random date, like 12 January?

ok guys, i have a good source that DNF will definitely show up in 2007 or 2008.
the well known "Dognose" replied at the gameguru newsentry
http://www.gameguru.in/action/2007/20/rumo...ing-up-in-2008/
This is for me the confirmation that we'll see our hero soon. :)
Thanks Dognose!

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

1 month and counting.

View Postkaisersoze, on Nov 25 2007, 09:10 PM, said:

1 month and counting.

why are you so confidently counting Kaiser?
what if we don't see DNF this year. According to Raphael van Lierop interview we'll see an unannounced project from October-December this year. Maybe we don't get a DNF christmas trailer but a bombshell trailer

info keeps rolling.
I found something out about the DNF soundtrack

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=61514897
in Jeremy Soul's slideshow you can see a nuke pic with a tall "?" in it. B)
Please Jeremy don't fuck up our beloved Duke Theme!

edit: here is the pic Posted Image
the subtitle for the pic is: "who knows?"

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Maybe.

Well I think Jeremy Soule will do an awesome job on it as he and his bro did with Prey.

• Honored Donor

If DNF is going to be unveiled this year, it's most likely going to be Christmas Eve/Day or New Year's Eve.

I am leaning more towards Christmas Day.

Alot of small things lately that have gotten me feeling more confident.

The Duke Nukem video that went around on Youtube that ended with "What are you waiting for, Christmas?". 3drealms is usually lightening quick on shooting stuff like that down if it's not from them and I don't believe they ever commented directly on the video. It was talked about prominently on the forums over there. Viral? I think so.

George's earlier quotes in the year that they'd most likely show off the game this year.

The Jeremy Soule pic that Jobi posted above. If Jeremy is doing the musical score, that would mean the game is pretty far along in the development cycle at this point. I do believe 3drealms has a sound guy so doubt Soule would simply be doing sound effects work. We also know he cuts killer trailers and when I was able to flush him out back in the summer, he said "now, back to work!" Could mean he was just doing his musical stuff on the game or could it have meant putting a trailer/media together?

And though I think Dognose is an absentee Duke fan, I believe he and George probably talk quite a bit. He seems to think we're close to something.

Joe recently stating twice that he was playing Duke Nukem Forever in the "What game(s) have you recently played?" thread over on the 3dr forums. Now, he could be playing it to simply play it but I think it's moreso they're actively beta testing/bug testing completed levels. Or perhaps he's playing the game so Jeremy can capture footage for a trailer?

When I posted around 20 levels of stages I thought might be in DNF, George said that around 10 of them I had posted were actually in the game. Another indication that the game is very far along. Of course, I realize they may be in various states of builds.

Of course, all of the above could be picked apart and debated I'm sure but what's the fun in that? You gotta think positive here!

Finally, I do not think George will return to the DNF forum until he formally unveils new DNF media.

Let the countdown continue!

User is offline   Dennis 

Yes, 24 days and counting for the first HD trailer, can't wait.

The story is also on VE3d:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35538/Du...Forever-in-2008

View Postkaisersoze, on Nov 26 2007, 02:12 PM, said:

If DNF is going to be unveiled this year, it's most likely going to be Christmas Eve/Day or New Year's Eve.

Alot of small things lately that have gotten me feeling more confident.

The Duke Nukem video that went around on Youtube that ended with "What are you waiting for, Christmas?". 3drealms is usually lightening quick on shooting stuff like that down if it's not from them and I don't believe they ever commented directly on the video. It was talked about prominently on the forums over there. Viral? I think so.

George's earlier quotes in the year that they'd most likely show off the game this year.

The Jeremy Soule pic that Jobi posted above. If Jeremy is doing the musical score, that would mean the game is pretty far along in the development cycle at this point. I do believe 3drealms has a sound guy so doubt Soule would simply be doing sound effects work. We also know he cuts killer trailers and when I was able to flush him out back in the summer, he said "now, back to work!" Could mean he was just doing his musical stuff on the game or could it have meant putting a trailer/media together?

And though I think Dognose is an absentee Duke fan, I believe he and George probably talk quite a bit. He seems to think we're close to something.

Joe recently stating twice that he was playing Duke Nukem Forever in the "What game(s) have you recently played?" thread over on the 3dr forums. Now, he could be playing it to simply play it but I think it's moreso they're actively beta testing/bug testing completed levels. Or perhaps he's playing the game so Jeremy can capture footage for a trailer?

When I posted around 20 levels of stages I thought might be in DNF, George said that around 10 of them I had posted were actually in the game. Another indication that the game is very far along. Of course, I realize they may be in various states of builds.

Of course, all of the above could be picked apart and debated I'm sure but what's the fun in that? You gotta think positive here!

Finally, I do not think George will return to the DNF forum until he formally unveils new DNF media.

Let the countdown continue!

B)

WOW, now that I have read your post, I'm feeling so good! Thanks Kaiser!
Your post should be on the mainpage to make people think positive. Because when a mass thinks positive, it will have a positive effect! :)

View PostDennis, on Nov 26 2007, 02:24 PM, said:

Yes, 24 days and counting for the first HD trailer, can't wait.

The story is also on VE3d:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35538/Du...Forever-in-2008

look what picture is in their screenshot gallery, it was posted on 17th SeptemberPosted Image
the guy called AndyB (Andrew Burnes) left the game to play Duke Nukem Forever.
and here is his steam profile: http://ve3dmedia.ign...50_dnfsteam.jpg
he is an german editor for Vodoo Extreme, didn't know that you can live in germany and be an editor for a US site. B)
And why he can play DNF?! Is he one of the DNF Beta testers, cause he is a friend of George or so?!
Question over questions....:)

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Nov 26 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

look what picture is in their screenshot gallery, it was posted on 17th SeptemberPosted Image
the guy called AndyB (Andrew Burnes) left the game to play Duke Nukem Forever.
and here is his steam profile: http://ve3dmedia.ign...50_dnfsteam.jpg
he is an german editor for Vodoo Extreme, didn't know that you can live in germany and be an editor for a US site. :)
And why he can play DNF?! Is he one of the DNF Beta testers, cause he is a friend of George or so?!
Question over questions....B)

You are a real detective B)

It was a joke at that time if I remember correctly.

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Why does everyone think Christmas would be a good date to release media? That is in fact a very bad day since that's the most busy time of the year for most people.

View PostDennis, on Nov 26 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

You are a real detective B)

It was a joke at that time if I remember correctly.

thanks, yes I love to search for signs. :)

• Honored Donor

The Gaming-Age forums have picked up on the recent "rumors":

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=211340

It's refreshing to see mainly positive comments coming from those guys. They are a rough bunch! Even some of the usual trolls regarding DNF are getting bitch slapped by other posters there! :)

Believe.

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Nov 26 2007, 05:12 AM, said:

I think that we are going to get an amazing Christmas present from 3D Realms this year! :)

I agree that it will probably be either December 24, or 25. We will definately see it this year, even if they decide to wait until December 31st!

By the way thanks you guys I hope we see it this year as we did and more otherwise definitely next year!! By the way Christmas is the perfect timing for this, since everyone is usually at home opening presents and enjoying themselves with their loved ones.

Go DUKE!!

I agree with Kaiser Believe, and also Have Faith.

User is offline   trackit 

anybody still hoping? :)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View Posttrackit, on Dec 1 2007, 05:56 AM, said:

anybody still hoping? B)

Yes, it's already December 1st, so the maximum amount of time we'll have to wait for the unveiling is just 30 days! :)

User is offline   Halcyon 

View Posttrackit, on Dec 1 2007, 02:56 PM, said:

anybody still hoping? B)

Yeah, totally. Maybe it's just the plumwine, but I have a kinda positive feeling. :)

User is offline   Danule 

View Postrockmx8, on Nov 26 2007, 08:51 PM, said:

By the way thanks you guys I hope we see it this year as we did and more otherwise definitely next year!! By the way Christmas is the perfect timing for this, since everyone is usually at home opening presents and enjoying themselves with their loved ones.

Go DUKE!!

I agree with Kaiser Believe, and also Have Faith.

whaaaat??? you actually think a lot of people are going to be sitting on their computers at the 3d realms forums waiting to see some duke nukem news on Christmas??? come on, that is totally bad timing.

Well then we can still look forward to the official unveiling of DNF next year as the Insider report indicates.

User is offline   trackit 

next year and next year and next year... ok sorry guys, ist just i have lost faith i guess :)

You'll get it back when you see it next year, haven't you seen some of the screenshots they released this year?

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

View Postrockmx8, on Dec 2 2007, 11:23 PM, said:

You'll get it back when you see it next year, haven't you seen some of the screenshots they released this year?

Yeah, well we saw the ones they released in '99 too, and what did they lead to?

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options