• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Redneck DosBox Launcher

User is offline   Skulldog 

Redneck DosBox Launcher.

http://buildgamedosb...x-launcher.html

DOSBox 0.74 Ready

Install support for the Original CD versions of Redneck Rampage CD, Redneck Rampage Rides Again CD, Redneck Rampage Sukin Grits on Route 66 CD, Redneck Family Reunion CD's, and Redneck Deer Huntin' CD. This was needed because the CD install programs no longer work under XP 64 bit, Vista 64 bit.

Supports Good Old Games Version. Redneck Rampage Collection. http://www.gog.com/e...page_collection

CD ROM install support.

Includes Add-on's from Totally Redneck web site.
http://www.jonhunt.com/redneck/

V2.8 6-10-2017
Added Steam version of Redneck Rampage, Suckin Grits on Route 66, and Redneck Rampage
Rides Again.

V2.7 6-6-2015
Fix end animation Suckin Grits on Route 66. The ending was playing Redneck Rampage's instead of Route 66.

V2.6 5-30-2015
Fix Manual button (ToolBox) to use pdf reader app in Windows 8, and above.
Added install support for GOG Galaxy Redneck Rampage Collection.

V2.5 4-13-2014
Fix Psychobilly spelling in skill level in Maps, Levels, Multiplayer menus.
Removed Spacebar key from Open controls, E is the only default key for Open.

V2.4 3-28-2014
Added Full resolution control in options menu.
Updated Build with VS Express 2013 for Desktop
Stop the application from minimizing and waiting for dosbox to close before going back to normal windows state. Game runs better this way.
Set default Redneck.cfg FXVolume = 172

V2.3 8-6-2013
Added CD Music volume control.

V2.2 7-23-2013
Added Batch file support in Custom Menu.
Added Brightness control in Options.
Added Mouse Sensitivity control in Options.
Added Mouse X-axis control in Options.
Added Mouse Y-axis control in Options.
Added Dosbox memsize control in Options.

V2.1 5-15-2013

Redneck Dosbox Launcher no longer gets installed in GOG Redneck
Rampage Collection folder. Install Redneck Dosbox Launcher in a
separate folder by itself.
Added Custom addons menu.
New CD- Rom installation method. Copies the files over to Redneck Dosbox folder.
New GOG installation method. Copies the files over to Redneck Dosbox folder.
New GameFly installation method. Copies the files over to Redneck Dosbox folder.
Removed Default folder saves in favor of new Options Menu.
Renamed Video\Sound Menu to Option Settings Menu.
New Option Menu reprogramed with new options and works the way it should.
Fixed a few bugs.

V2.0 3-19-2013

Updated build to VS Express 2012 for Desktop.
Added new icon from supergoofy.
Cusspack option will now be saved in settings.
Updated save config and default.
Fixed Redneck demo crash.
Fixed resolution Changes, Redneck Dear Huntin HUNTING.CFG.
Fixed Cusspack not working with addons.
Added Controller Type setting in Video/Sound Menu.
Now when you change Controller Type in game setup it will update
Controller Type settings in Video/Sound Menu as well. You will
still need to setup your controller buttons in game setup.
Changed MouseSensitivity back to 32768 default.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 10 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm downloading it now and I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks.

New Release Redneck Dosbox Launcher.

V1.1 5-20-2011

Increased Cd-Rom Install time for Redneck Rampage From 35-45 Minutes
to 6-8 Minutes in dosbox.

Increased Cd-Rom Install time for Redneck Rampage Rides Again From 45-55
Minutes to 10-12 Minutes in dosbox.

Increased Cd-Rom Install time for Redneck Deer Huntin From 35-45
Minutes to 6-8 Minutes in dosbox.

Inproved Install Options. Now Redneck Rampage Rides Again can get installed
on first run after Redneck Rampage is installed or anytime later from the Main
Menu. Route 66 gets Copied over while installing Redneck Rampage from the Family
Reunion CD-Rom set of Disks, Or it can be installed anytime later from the Regular
Suckin Grits on Route 66 CD-Rom in the Main Menu.

Added Music BIN\CUE Audio CD Images for People that install from Cd-rom.
so that CD Music is available without disk. This is not a copy of the
the CD's Game Data, just the Music Tracks. You will still need the Game
Cd-Roms for Redneck Rampage, Rides Again, and Route66, or the GOG Download
version of Redneck Rampage to play the game.

Added Selection for which Map folder to use in Play a Map menu.

Fix a few of bugs.

Upgraded to MSVB 2010 Build.

Redneck Dosbox Launcher .
http://buildgamedosb....com/index.html

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Here are the new download link.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hey Skulldog I ran into a problem w/ the redneck launcher. After I install Redneck Deer Huntin, it plays fine at first and when I exit out and start to play Redneck Deer Huntin again. It's says "CD not found - Please insert your Redneck Deer Huntin into your CD-ROM Drive". Can you do something about it?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 15 June 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

Hey Skulldog I ran into a problem w/ the redneck launcher. After I install Redneck Deer Huntin, it plays fine at first and when I exit out and start to play Redneck Deer Huntin again. It's says "CD not found - Please insert your Redneck Deer Huntin into your CD-ROM Drive". Can you do something about it?

Try re-installing redneck huntin. Delete the folder HUNTIN in your redneck game folder, and let me know if it does the same thing.
What version of the game shows up at the top of the red area of your game when it starts up? I'm showing V1.06 on my game. If
it is a lower version i will make a fix that will patch the game during install.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 16 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostSkulldog, on 16 June 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

Try re-installing redneck huntin. Delete the folder HUNTIN in your redneck game folder, and let me know if it does the same thing.
What version of the game shows up at the top of the red area of your game when it starts up? I'm showing V1.06 on my game. If
it is a lower version i will make a fix that will patch the game during install.

OK. I deleted the HUNTIN folder. Then I re-installed it. After I exit & saved the settings at setup it goes into the game, I exit it. Then it goes to the game again, once again I exit it to desktop. Then I click on the launcher, clicked on Redneck Deer Huntin. Then bam I get the "CD not found, Please insert the *game* into the CD-ROM" even though the CD is still in the drive. I have version 1.06 when it starts up.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 16 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

When, you are installing the game, do you change the install path or someting.?

View PostSkulldog, on 16 June 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

When, you are installing the game, do you change the install path or someting.?

I had the install path like this: C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY\HUNTIN

View PostDustFalcon85, on 16 June 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

I had the install path like this: C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY\HUNTIN

That is the problem. When Dosbox runs, Drive C is only the folder that has the Rednecklauncher.exe file. When the game installer runs, don't change the install
path. You can start out by unzipping all the Redneck Launcher files to a folder call C:\GAMES\\INTRPAY\. But when the installers are running in dosbox, don't
change the install path. After the game runs once, the next time it does a clean up before the game launches. Then all should be good to go.

View PostSkulldog, on 16 June 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

That is the problem. When Dosbox runs, Drive C is only the folder that has the Rednecklauncher.exe file. When the game installer runs, don't change the install
path. You can start out by unzipping all the Redneck Launcher files to a folder call C:\GAMES\\INTRPAY\. But when the installers are running in dosbox, don't
change the install path. After the game runs once, the next time it does a clean up before the game launches. Then all should be good to go.

I didn't change the install path while it was installing & I unzipped the files it to C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY fresh. I created the two folders just like you did in the instruction manual {or Maybe C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY}.
The "C:\GAMES\\INTRPAY\" needs a correction. Did you mean C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 17 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 17 June 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

I didn't change the install path while it was installing & I unzipped the files it to C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY fresh. I created the two folders just like you did in the instruction manual {or Maybe C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY}.
The "C:\GAMES\\INTRPAY\" needs a correction. Did you mean C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY?

Yea, C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY\. Which Version of Windows are you using, and wnat are your pc spec?

View PostSkulldog, on 17 June 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Yea, C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY\. Which Version of Windows are you using, and wnat are your pc spec?

Here are my specs:

HP Pavillion g7 Notebook PC
AMD A6-3420 APU Quad-Core 1.5GHz (2.4 w/ Turboboost)
AMD Radeon HD 6520G
8GB RAM

OK, I finally was able to reproduce the same problem you are having. I will make the nessary fix and add a link to download the new exe file as soon as I can.

Edit:
Here is a updated exe. Try this an let me know if it fix your problem. Do a fresh install of all the other files, then add this new one.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostSkulldog, on 18 June 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

OK, I finally was able to reproduce the same problem you are having. I will make the nessary fix and add a link to download the new exe file as soon as I can.

Edit:
Here is a updated exe. Try this an let me know if it fix your problem. Do a fresh install of all the other files, then add this new one.

Redneck Dosbox Launcher V1.2 Update
http://www.mediafire...f6nx33yeqaguatg

After I unzip the launcher and it's contents (including the update) in C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY\ and installed the Redneck Rampage collection. Now the next step is installing Redneck Deer Huntin, According to the instructions; should I change the install directory from C:\INTRPLAY\HUNTIN to C:\HUNTIN or just leave it as it is?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 18 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 18 June 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

After I unzip the launcher and it's contents (including the update) in C:\GAMES\INTRPLAY\ and installed the Redneck Rampage collection. Now the next step is installing Redneck Deer Huntin, According to the instructions; should I change the install directory from C:\INTRPLAY\HUNTIN to C:\HUNTIN or just leave it as it is?

Try it both ways.

View PostSkulldog, on 18 June 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Try it both ways.

I tried that. Still didn't work. With the new patch. After I made the settings and exit setup. I still get the "CD-ROM not found error" two times. It won't even boot to the game. :(

View PostDustFalcon85, on 18 June 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

I tried that. Still didn't work. With the new patch. After I made the settings and exit setup. I still get the "CD-ROM not found error" two times. It won't even boot to the game. :(

Here is a new Update V1.3 this should fix the problem.

You can do a clean install or just add files to existing folder. Go into Video\Sound from main menu then press the Default Button.
This will make sure the Sound IRQ settings are correct.
When you install Redneck Huntin CD the install path now works with C:\INTRPLAY\HUNTIN or C:\HUNTIN.

View PostSkulldog, on 19 June 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Here is a new Update V1.3 this should fix the problem.

http://www.mediafire...jdxy6tn3diul42k

You can do a clean install or just add files to existing folder. Go into Video\Sound from main menu then press the Default Button.
This will make sure the Sound IRQ settings are correct.
When you install Redneck Huntin CD the install path now works with C:\INTRPLAY\HUNTIN or C:\HUNTIN.

New problem. I put Redneck Deer Huntin in. The launcher says: "Please insert your Redneck Deer Huntin CD-ROM, Then Click OK." even though it's in the CD drive.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 19 June 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

New problem. I put Redneck Deer Huntin in. The launcher says: "Please insert your Redneck Deer Huntin CD-ROM, Then Click OK." even though it's in the CD drive.

Give me a list of file names and folder names on your Huntin CD. Are you using Redneck Rampage cd or GOG version.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 19 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostSkulldog, on 19 June 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

Give me a list of file names and folder names on your Huntin CD. Are you using Redneck Rampage cd or GOG version.

I'm installing from the Redneck Rampage Family Reunion CD's. And here's the pic of the file names from my Deer Huntin CD.

Attached File(s)

Now this should work. :(

View PostSkulldog, on 19 June 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Now this should work. :(

Redneck Dosbox Launcher V1.3 Update
http://www.mediafire...70kt3y6i6c34h8y

Still keep getting that damn "CD not found Please insert your CD-ROM" error after setup. :( If Redneck Huntin won't run, then the game need's to be removed from the launcher.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 19 June 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

Still keep getting that damn "CD not found Please insert your CD-ROM" error after setup. :( If Redneck Huntin won't run, then the game need's to be removed from the launcher.

I just order another Redneck Deer Huntin Cd on amazon. The one I have was part of a multi hunting games pack. I found a new Box version for $2.99.
Cost more to ship it $3.99. I should have it early next week. I'll fix it even if it kills me or you.

Try, This one.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 17 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostSkulldog, on 20 June 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

I just order another Redneck Deer Huntin Cd on amazon. The one I have was part of a multi hunting games pack. I found a new Box version for $2.99.
Cost more to ship it $3.99. I should have it early next week. I'll fix it even if it kills me or you.

Well that's a relief! Looking forward to the new (and hopefully) finally patch. Got my fingers crossed! Anyways I found a minor but fixable problem w/ Redneck Rampage Rides Again. When I start up Rides Again, the music won't play. Hitting F4 to go to the sound options and turning the 8-track on fixed this. Redneck Rampage has the music start on the go but Rides Again doesn't unless you turn the 8-track on. This is normal huh?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 20 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 20 June 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Well that's a relief! Looking forward to the new (and hopefully) finally patch. Got my fingers crossed! Anyways I found a minor but fixable problem w/ Redneck Rampage Rides Again. When I start up Rides Again, the music won't play. Hitting F4 to go to the sound options and turning the 8-track on fixed this. Redneck Rampage has the music start on the go but Rides Again doesn't unless you turn the 8-track on. This is normal huh?

Redneck Rampage Rides Again has always started without Music, not a launcher problem.
Another thing I always hated. You have to press U for mouse look and Caps to turn run mode on. everytime you play.
Maybe someday the source code will be released. Did redneck deer huntin work for you with V1.4.

Try, This one.

View PostSkulldog, on 20 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Redneck Rampage Rides Again has always started without Music, not a launcher problem.
Another thing I always hated. You have to press U for mouse look and Caps to turn run mode on. everytime you play.
Maybe someday the source code will be released. Did redneck deer huntin work for you with V1.4.

Try, This one.

Redneck Dosbox Launcher V1.4 Update
http://www.mediafire...n1bob0jd3j4d2oy

Still keep geting that "CD not found" error. Looks like you're gonna have to wait till that Redneck Deer Huntin arrives in the mail. Or I may have an idea. Put the entire Redneck Deer Launcher game w/ the launcher from the get-go instead of installing it w/ a CD?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 21 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Here is Version 1.5. When you install Redneck Deer Huntin and you get to the setup. If you Save and Launch Redneck Deer Hubtin from setup you will see
CD ROM not found. just press ENTER and the game will start. After that, when launching the game you will not see that again.

View PostSkulldog, on 26 June 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

Here is Version 1.5. When you install Redneck Deer Huntin and you get to the setup. If you Save and Launch Redneck Deer Hubtin from setup you will see
CD ROM not found. just press ENTER and the game will start. After that, when launching the game you will not see that again.

Redneck Dosbox Launcher Update V1.5
http://www.mediafire...h8n3ehcw00uaw5w

Finally it worked! :( Thank you so much for the patch Skulldog. BTW you should upload and promote your Build Launchers at GOG.com's message board forums (especially Duke Nukem series, Blood series, and Redneck Rampage). You should do it!

Is Redneck Rampage launcher V1.6 in the works?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 10 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options