Duke4.net Forums: New Trailer Tonight! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Trailer Tonight!

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View Postrandir14, on 23 April 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

Lol, the trailer on Gearbox's channel has been removed by Youtube. "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content." It's still on 2K's channel though.

What the hell, man. It had an age gate..

Edit: already reuploaded, now featuring less mouse cursors

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 27 April 2011 - 05:16 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Disco sucks, so here's some cuts I did of the trailer without that shit.

Comments, praise, and especially insults are welcome.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

doubelpoast

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 26 April 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

Disco sucks, so here's some cuts I did of the trailer without that shit.

Comments, praise, and especially insults are welcome.

Lo Fidelity Allstars ain't no disco. Disco stopped 1982. Battleflag is a dance tune, and fits a strip club /night club atmosphere.
You want insults, why? Just get your facts straight.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Much better.

ALOT better :dukegoof:

The best one is the iron maiden one. I dont understand why gearbox put that totally NOT duke nukem music onto that trailer.

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 26 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah I was embarrassed when I was watching the original trailer to think that my parents actually thought I was listening to music like that over and over.

Edit: my favourite is the 'now you're a man' one.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 26 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHank, on 26 April 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

Lo Fidelity Allstars ain't no disco. Disco stopped 1982. Battleflag is a dance tune, and fits a strip club /night club atmosphere.
You want insults, why? Just get your facts straight.

As the Reverend Mojo Nixon would put it: "You can call it trip hop. You can call it flip hop. You can call it techno. You can call it house. There's one thing that I know, baby, it's all just electronic. It's all just machines. It's all just disco, and disco still does suck!"

User is offline   X-Vector 

Disco wasn't an electronic genre.

User is offline   zwieback 

the trailer with the original music is the best imo. funny thing is: i run a radiostation ( http://www.bigbeatradio.com ) that plays bigbeat all day ( we have both: invaders must die and battleflag on the radio) - we also have 2 custom duke jingles. I almost crapped my pants when i watched the second trailer because of that :D

for me it's all ok.

here are the jingles (i posted them already a while back)

http://www.bigbeatra...-%20Jingle1.mp3
http://www.bigbeatra...-%20Jingle2.mp3

and yes, it is completely legal - so don't derail the topic :dukegoof:

This post has been edited by zwieback: 27 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

User is offline   You 

I haven't got anything to add, just want to chime in my vote for the GBX trailer music. It wouldn't be a genre of music I'd listen to, but I really thought it suited the trailer perfectly.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 26 April 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

As the Reverend Mojo Nixon would put it: "You can call it trip hop. You can call it flip hop. You can call it techno. You can call it house. There's one thing that I know, baby, it's all just electronic. It's all just machines. It's all just disco, and disco still does suck!"

I don't give a shit what a third party says. - Fine, you dislike Disco.

FEAR and D... (I forgot the rest already.) Common, get with it. - Megadeath, A+. Iron Maiden B- , the others suck IMO. - Still, no clue how to insult, ehm, let's see, “Green Grass Growth Great” nah. Anyone quoting, almost, the mighty Mojo shithead, no need. Posted Image

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Big Duke Trailer needs an extended custom version of Motörhead - Ace Of Spades. :dukegoof:

User is offline   Hank 

changed my mind. To big of a file. Sorry. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 27 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostX-Vector, on 27 April 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

Disco wasn't an electronic genre.

Actually, he uses the term electronic as literal, not as a genre. Think of like drum machines and such.

View PostHank, on 27 April 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

FEAR and D... (I forgot the rest already.) Common, get with it. - Megadeath, A+. Iron Maiden B- , the others suck IMO. - Still, no clue how to insult, ehm, let's see, “Green Grass Growth Great” nah. Anyone quoting, almost, the mighty Mojo shithead, no need. Posted Image

FEAR was a seminal punk band, nationalised the genre in many respects, played better than anyone else and still reigns in popularity to this day even though they haven't released an album in 10 years. I've never even heard of Lo Fidelity All-Stars and I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of music, even shit I don't like. D.V.D.A. also isn't even a real band, it's just the two creators of South Park. You giving Maiden a B- alone brings your credibility into question. Also, Mojo Nixon rules and anyone who disagrees is a peckerhead who probably likes Rick Astley or Debbie Gibson.

View Postzwieback, on 27 April 2011 - 01:34 AM, said:

the trailer with the original music is the best imo. funny thing is: i run a radiostation ( http://www.bigbeatradio.com ) that plays bigbeat all day ( we have both: invaders must die and battleflag on the radio) - we also have 2 custom duke jingles. I almost crapped my pants when i watched the second trailer because of that :D

for me it's all ok.

here are the jingles (i posted them already a while back)

http://www.bigbeatra...-%20Jingle1.mp3
http://www.bigbeatra...-%20Jingle2.mp3

and yes, it is completely legal - so don't derail the topic :dukegoof:

OMG, Candytron on the second single.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 27 April 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

Actually, he uses the term electronic as literal, not as a genre. Think of like drum machines and such.

Disco was originally drum, bass and guitar based with added strings and keyboard, so suggesting it's "all just machines" is incorrect.
It's a nonsensical argument anyway, because there's plenty of good music out there that's purely electronic, it's not a measure of quality one way or the other.

On a related note, what the hell is the deal with the tiresome clamouring for metal in DNF, both here and over "there"?
I've got nothing against that type of music per sé, but I'm very grateful that Duke3D's soundtrack turned out as something far more atmospheric (and electronic) than an endless barrage of power riffs, even though it was largely inspired by metal.

User is offline   zwieback 

fox: demoscener? :dukegoof:

View Postzwieback, on 28 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

fox: demoscener? :D

Yeah, Old Skool nerd :dukegoof:

Actually it surprised me because I had JUST found this rock style cover

For the curious, the original demo from 2003

http://www.scene.org...l.zip&id=192412

filesize:

68k (69633 bytes)

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 06 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 27 April 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

FEAR was a seminal punk band, nationalised the genre in many respects, played better than anyone else and still reigns in popularity to this day even though they haven't released an album in 10 years. I've never even heard of Lo Fidelity All-Stars and I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of music, even shit I don't like. D.V.D.A. also isn't even a real band, it's just the two creators of South Park. You giving Maiden a B- alone brings your credibility into question. Also, Mojo Nixon rules and anyone who disagrees is a peckerhead who probably likes Rick Astley or Debbie Gibson.

I think Iron Maiden's song is too complex to work with this video. Listen to all the melodies, it's almost a classical composition. The song attracts intellectual attention and deflects from the video. The reason I know of songs like Battle Flag is because it was/is played in clubs and alternative radio stations. And you've got me with South Park, I never heard this before. Posted Image

I was toying with ya, so, right back into it: Debbie and I are secret lovers. Mojo – lol, there are about 900 million songs out there, to claim or even accept an expert in music is a paradox, therefore Mojo is a waste of space. Also, I think, anyone able to watch Rihanna and say something this stupid is brain dead. Posted Image

User is offline   Johnny 

I LOVE the "Shrinkage"-Trailer!!! Only one month and we can play!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options