Duke4.net Forums: New Trailer Tonight! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Trailer Tonight!

User is offline   N64 

Heads up! We're airing a new Duke Nukem Forever trailer on FX tonight during the Archer finale at 10 PM EST/9 PM CST/10 PM PST!

(And after it’s aired, check here, www.dukenukemforever.com, www.youtube.com/2kgames, or www.youtube.com/gearboxsoftware - we’ll be posting an extended, uncensored version!)

http://gbxforums.gea...ad.php?t=120299

User is offline   ch108 

View Postangelo86, on 21 April 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Heads up! We're airing a new Duke Nukem Forever trailer on FX tonight during the Archer finale at 10 PM EST/9 PM CST/10 PM PST!

(And after it’s aired, check here, www.dukenukemforever.com, www.youtube.com/2kgames, or www.youtube.com/gearboxsoftware - we’ll be posting an extended, uncensored version!)

http://gbxforums.gea...ad.php?t=120299

Thanks mate.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Fuck Yeah!

Will it feature the brand new Chris Kline's version of Grabbag? I sure hope so!

This post has been edited by DavoX: 21 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Anyone notice the new Grabbag on the website? It RAAAWWWWWWKKKSSSSS! That's what I'm talkin about!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 April 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

Anyone notice the new Grabbag on the website? It RAAAWWWWWWKKKSSSSS! That's what I'm talkin about!

Where the fuck is there a new grabbag?

User is offline   N64 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 21 April 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

Where the fuck is there a new grabbag?

http://cdn.gearboxso...PhoMastered.mp3

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Now we need someone to rip the new MP3!

here:
http://cdn.gearboxsoftware.com/dukenukemforever.com/assets/audio/Grabbag_Mix_1_V2_PhoMastered.
mp3

This post has been edited by DavoX: 21 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

View Postangelo86, on 21 April 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

HOLY SHIT I just checked the site 1 hour ago and this wasn't there lol....
This one definitely sounds awesome and shits on the old one that was so fucking LAME. This has power and Dukeness in it!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 21 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 April 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

effin oath, what a solo, and the feel of it sounds so true to the original

Damn i just woke up hearing this !
Awesome cover, nice solo.

I got faith in you Gearbox.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Fucking. Awesome.

Nukes the previous version. :dukegoof:

I wonder if this is what will be used for the game menu?

User is offline   LkMax 

Great news =D

About the grabbag: The older grabbag in the site was kind of cool, but frankly I didn't like that new one too much... I still prefer the Vortex Guy version (I mean, The Duke Nukem Jam version). Wondering what versions will be present in DNF. Posted Image

This post has been edited by LkMax: 21 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

User is offline   randir14 

Here are the credits for the new Grabbag:

This new version of Grabbag was arranged and produced by Mark Petty, Director of Audio at Gearbox Software, with the help of...

Andy Timmons (Guitar)
Mike Daane (Bass)
Sean McDurley (Drums)
Lee Jackson (Writer)
Casey DiIorio (Engineering and Co-Producer)

http://gbxforums.gea...81&postcount=95

This post has been edited by randir14: 21 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

User is offline   Montykoro 

Maybe a update in the front page???

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Smok'in! Won't miss the new trailer tonight, can't wait!

User is offline   Serge 

• Nukem de Duc pour Toujours

It's up: http://uk.ign.com/vi...et-some-trailer

View PostSerge, on 21 April 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

Saw it. Didn't like the music, but the trailer rocks!

User is offline   Sebastian 

Thanks for posting it!

I can see alot of people up in their arms about the music choice for this trailer. Not much we haven't seen already so it was a bit dull if you ask me. I can't imagine the trailer will do much in the way of selling to a new audience.
Btw, Is it just me or does DNF lack alot of color at times? I'm not ripping on it but alot of things just looks too desaturated.

Also; boobies.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The good news is the graphics look great! Although now that you mention it the footage does seem more desaturated than what we've seen in the past.

Also the animation of Duke getting up from the chair is terrible! It's like he's a puppet and the puppet master is lifting all the strings at once!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Decent enough trailer. The music is shit. Even beyond my personal opinion on the actual music itself, it undoubtedly does not fit in DNF and is shitty by default. Some metal or even this new Grabbag would have been proper.

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

View PostMicky C, on 21 April 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

The good news is the graphics look great! Although now that you mention it the footage does seem more desaturated than what we've seen in the past.

Also the animation of Duke getting up from the chair is terrible! It's like he's a puppet and the puppet master is lifting all the strings at once!

This is why no one will be pleased! seriously WTF! go play duke nukem 3D and bitch about the graphics. I am tired of the bitching in the DNF community. Seriously you guys tell me to fucking leave because I helped make it.

Also not everyone has high end computer machines. So people will be able to play it on most peoples machines!!!! unless you don't have brains! or have played a game called "World of Warcraft?'" seriously go bitch to blizzard about it. They have plenty of money to make an amazing looking game and yet I have yet to see one from them because its all about the Gameplay!

So guess what.. LEAVE! please - Because a perfect game does not exist. If anything if you want my opinion the closest thing to a perfect game is Half Life 1 and Portal! and duke nukem 3d.

The game looks fine and no matter what music you choose for DNF people still wouldn't like it. You can't please everyone! Frankly I am going to enjoy duke nukem forever.

The gameplay is going to be amazing and I see the suggestions I made to George are still in the game. So please go hang yourself!! or go make a fucking video game!
I have made video games - small flash games - trust me it isn't fucking easy!

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 21 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Whoa, where did that come from? I said the graphics look great, and as for the Duke getting out of the chair animation, no one's going to see it because it's first person. I honestly don't care about the graphics, it's just that one thing which struck me as a little odd. I just thought I'd mention it then move on.

And I think the music isn't bad for this trailer, but sounds like the type of tune they'd use in a COD trailer, so they're probably trying to appeal to the COD fanbase.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 21 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

In 1:03 is Duke using a Jetpack?

O.o
Hloy f*ckin Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!

PS: 1:08 FINISH HIM xD

This post has been edited by LkMax: 21 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Seeing that on my TV was fuckin awesome! The music has to go because it has absolutely no balls!

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

i can haz hd download?

I agree with above mention of the music sucking. Totally out of place but plays to the kul kidz whos gonna play dis shit...

Looks good; not sure enough diversity in game play to make me pre-order it, but I don't pre-order anyway. I do hope the demo comes out soon though. I kind of wish there was a demo date at the end of the trailer or something.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postmuskydragon, on 21 April 2011 - 05:29 PM, said:

This is why no one will be pleased! seriously WTF! go play duke nukem 3D and bitch about the graphics. I am tired of the bitching in the DNF community. Seriously you guys tell me to fucking leave because I helped make it.

Also not everyone has high end computer machines. So people will be able to play it on most peoples machines!!!! unless you don't have brains! or have played a game called "World of Warcraft?'" seriously go bitch to blizzard about it. They have plenty of money to make an amazing looking game and yet I have yet to see one from them because its all about the Gameplay!

So guess what.. LEAVE! please - Because a perfect game does not exist. If anything if you want my opinion the closest thing to a perfect game is Half Life 1 and Portal! and duke nukem 3d.

The game looks fine and no matter what music you choose for DNF people still wouldn't like it. You can't please everyone! Frankly I am going to enjoy duke nukem forever.

The gameplay is going to be amazing and I see the suggestions I made to George are still in the game. So please go hang yourself!! or go make a fucking video game!
I have made video games - small flash games - trust me it isn't fucking easy!

I'll tell you to fucking leave for this line alone.

View PostLkMax, on 21 April 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

In 1:03 is Duke using a Jetpack?

Perhaps, but it's already confirmed you can only use the jetpack in multiplayer.

View PostMr.Flibble, on 21 April 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

I agree with above mention of the music sucking. Totally out of place but plays to the kul kidz whos gonna play dis shit...

Lame-o hipster shit.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

The TV version of the trailer had some different footage.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Apparently the song is from the 90s, dunno if it's literally, or the name of the song...

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 April 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

The TV version of the trailer had some different footage.

Yep...

For those who have not seen yet.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Anyone else notice the graphical glitches with the Battlelord at around 1:26-1:27 in the uncensored video? The chaingun just disappears for a frame or two right before it cuts to the next scene. It's kind of jarring and weird. The game looks really good other than rough spots like that.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options