Must mean Destiny has a new IP address.

Ban.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 18 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

Duke Nukem Land of the Babes

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Blackharted, you are such a faggot. :dukegoof:

You are being extremely bold in calling your page "truthful" but your claims are beyond my field of study; I elect not to comment on things I know little about.

Interesting stances on various issues that very much puts you all over the map. Can't say I'll frequent it...but welcome to Duke4.net :D

Duke Nukem Advance

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   oakman 

Interesting. It's always good to see people who want to make political/ current events available to a greater audience.
However, speaking from a purely critical sense:
  • Sources:
    I realize that your website is in its early stages, and gathering information for the purpose of spreading awareness is quite a task in its own right,
    however, many of your sources do not seem to live up to this:

A source for important news and info that will rarely be shown in the mainstream media.

Most of your sources are from FOX: a huge news corporation with millions of viewers. You also reference cable television networks such as Tru-TV. Looks pretty mainstream to me.
  • Information:
    Again, building an active news website for the benefit of others is a challenging task, and I commend you for taking a crack at it :dukegoof:! It's hard work! However,
    it seems that due to lack of sources, you have deficit of information. First of all, You need to do some heavy research; go further than the book in your class or what theT.V. has to say. Instead of taking what Mr. Beck or Mr. Paul have to say at face value and right in the truest sense ask; "what makes him right?" Latch on to an argument made by one of them (or whoever/ wherever you get your information/ views from) and put your critical hat on. Do some personal research, and when I say research; I mean go to the library, go to bookstores, and most importantly: look at the other side of the argument. Consider what each side has to say, and develop an argument of your own.

This post has been edited by oakman: 18 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

• I have the power!

oakman has great advice. Especially the part about books and the library...read books written by people who have done homework. The more you read from diverse sources the more information you will be able to give and the better you will be at presenting facts and arguments.

Of course, you should also double check sources or sources if possible. I just read a book (absolutely atrocious, and I have a blog post about it and such in another thread) but the author cites the same book over and over...and I looked up the book and found that many many people have criticized it for lacking facts. This just makes the whole thing incredulous and only hinders the authors intention of convincing me.

Duke Nukem Zero Hour

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

Really? Because on some of my more popular videos I've seen over 100,000 views just disappear overnight - knew I wasn't immagining it, but everyone said I was just a whining bitch who wanted attention, they couldn't be further from the reality of it as I have never cared about my viewcount... except when it lies.

Duke Nukem Time to Kill

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

What? I was effectively saying your post was entirely correct, so I don't know why you are attempting to contradict me, perhaps you misunderstood my post? What I was implying was that you were entirely correct about the view counts and that I personally don't care how many views I get as I never intended to be popular (I occupy a small niche) but I was not happy that YouTube lied to me about the number of views I had gotten.

Something else I noticed is that sometimes you can type the exact title of a video into YouTube and get completely unrealated garbage for the first few pages, even if you type the uploaders user name.

Duke Nukem II

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

Don't worry about it, I suffer from insomnia and haven't been to sleep for quite some time, one of the side-effects is that I am constantly on the offensive and fidget around, but because fidgeting with random cigarette ends is not fun I end up typing stuff on forums... I'm gonna stop typing before I ruin the thread.

Duke Nukem 3D

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostTruthfulThinking.com, on 18 April 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

TruthfulThinking.com ...A source for important news and info that will rarely be shown in the mainstream media. Feel free to share any feedback. Duke Nukem is the epitome of freedom and that's why he belongs on my site. ;)

I like your site's goal. Not the best design for a site but I am familiar with truth sites like this one, I've seen others before!

Duke Nukem 64

This post has been edited by TruthfulThinking.com: 06 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Gov site?

I smell a secret government agency

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Nah, it's just the White House's new petition feature. Good luck getting any more than the 2 signatures you already have, spambot.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It wants to stop adding fluorine to drinking water? I thought that it was good for teeth.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMicky C, on 27 September 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

It wants to stop adding fluorine to drinking water? I thought that it was good for teeth.

but it may give you cancer as well
http://en.wikipedia....er_fluoridation

still
a I'm a Canadian
b The Banking System is flawed, for like 500 years. Destruction of flawed is not an answer to solve a problem.
c The events of 11. September are documented, no need to spend money on it again
d Yes. No Fluoride. You should maintain your teeth, not drink shit.
e Pot is not my drug of choice. Unlike Clinton, I inhaled it and still have brain damage.
f DNF is a 7/10 as a game and without mod tools a 0/10 = 3.5/10

you see, to many variable for a petition..... Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostZaxtor, on 26 September 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Gov site?

I smell a secret government agency

Obviously a secret agent of GBX trying to change the ratings of DNF to increase sales!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMicky C, on 27 September 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

Fluoride is poison. Even when you go to the dentist the dentist will tell you to not SWALLOW the fluoride, only to swish it around in your mouth, then rinse your mouth out. That shit is terrible for you, and our water is filled with dangerous levels of it. In fact, most toothpastes contain fluoride, which is why there is a poison warning on the side telling you not to swallow it.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 28 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 28 September 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

Fluoride is poison. Even when you go to the dentist the dentist will tell you to not SWALLOW the fluoride, only to swish it around in your mouth, then rinse your mouth out. That shit is terrible for you, and our water is filled with dangerous levels of it. In fact, most toothpastes contain fluoride, which is why there is a poison warning on the side telling you not to swallow it.

It's not the substance that will kill you, but the dosage. Water rocks, right? Well, drink two gallons (4-5L) and don't piss any out. You'll be dead soon from your cells exploding. The fluoride in drinking water shouldn't be harmful. There are much more important things to worry about, like aluminum cans sucking and plastic bottles sucking and milk containing huge amounts of cow viruses.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 28 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Point is that fluoride (and all kinds of other crap) should not be in drinking water. I'm right there with ya on aluminum cans and plastic though. I love me some glass bottles. I never really heard about milk issues, but I've always thought it was bullshit that raw milk is illegal.

• Honored Donor

Too much of basically anything is poison for you. On one end of the scale, if you eat too much of the same type of food for an extended period of time, you'll get sick. On the other side of the scale, alcohol is quite literally a poison, yet people don't mind chugging several pints of that down on a regular basis. The term 'alcohol poisoning' didn't come around for no reason.

On the topic of fluoride in drinking water, if it is harmful, chances are you'll most definitely die of something else (e.g car crash, heart attack, old age) before fluorine has a chance of getting you. I for one would rather have healthy gums.

You can also argue the same thing with mobile phones and wifi. The signals they give off may be harmful (maybe not), but I'm willing to bet 95% of people will be willing to take the risk in order to carry on using phones and the luxuries and services they provide.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 07 October 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

You can also argue the same thing with mobile phones and wifi. The signals they give off may be harmful (maybe not), but I'm willing to bet 95% of people will be willing to take the risk in order to carry on using phones and the luxuries and services they provide.

Harmful how?

Isn't this a tinfoil-hat theory?

• Honored Donor

I personally don't believe it's harmful in any way, but there are a few people who do. All I'm saying is that if it were harmful, most people would be willing to give a month or two of their lives (due to the 'harmful' effect of the signals) for the lifelong time-saving convenience of mobile Internet and communication.

Then again I'm only 18 and hopefully I've got many years ahead of me, so it's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make at this point in time. I can't speak for those who are near the end of their days, or even myself in the future when I'm nearing my time. It's a scary thought contemplating your own mortality :S

• I have the power!

There haven't been enough long term studies (or enough time for that matter) to determine if cell phone radiation (the electromagnetic waves from phones are technically radiation) is directly a carcinogenic. There were some recent studies that showed something but not much because it was over too short a period with not enough people and such.

However, radiation of any kind, among other things, exposed to children can be very bad because when people are still growing, many things can totally fuck that shit up.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Well so is light radiation and I cannot recall anyone saying it might cause cancer even though its frequency is (much) higher than that of radio waves.

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 07 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Light can cause skin cancer.

But there is no evidence that cell phones cause cancer.

http://www.cancer.go...Risk/cellphones

Although there have been some concerns that radiofrequency energy from cell phones held closely to the head may affect the brain and other tissues, to date there is no evidence from studies of cells, animals, or humans that radiofrequency energy can cause cancer.

It is generally accepted that damage to DNA is necessary for cancer to develop. However, radiofrequency energy, unlike ionizing radiation, does not cause DNA damage in cells, and it has not been found to cause cancer in animals or to enhance the cancer-causing effects of known chemical carcinogens in animals (3–5).

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options