Duke4.net Forums: Shaw's Nightmare - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shaw's Nightmare

User is offline   m96 

I have been working in this project for four years it has been cancelled twice! On 2007 after seeing Robi trying to make Yogus (also cancelled as well) I decided to create a game focusing on the boy who would be called Shaw. It was meant to be a DOS game. I created the graphics but I neither coded or made any levels. So I cancelled the project. Then in 2008 I learned about the Build Engine. I tried to use it on Shaw's Nightmare but it was hopeless until I asked for any volenteering programmers. Enventually one called Nuno Marintez came along but when I proposed that the game be sold, he quit. I coded it myself but until in June 2009, I could not make it to work. But in October I started ignoring the project. But for the third time in 2011 I started again.

A tech demo might be available tomorrow. If not, then next week.

This post has been edited by m96: 16 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I'll be watching for it and will try it out.

User is offline   m96 

I've decided not to release the tech demo but to release the screenshots. They can be downloaded here.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Uhh, it's inconvenient to have to download screenshots just to see them, especially since it's easy to post pictures as attachments on this forum, or you can use an external site to host your photos. I like to use photobucket; it's free, very easy to use, and very flexible (you can post pictures as direct links, clickable thumbnails, full size etc...) http://photobucket.com/

And congratulations for persevering with your project through all these years, that takes solid dedication :dukegoof:
(and congratulations on choosing the build engine, it truly is a remarkable engine)

User is offline   m96 

Alpha 0.6 can be downloaded here.

EDIT: Delete your old copy and download this new version.

This post has been edited by m96: 14 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

I remember trying the DOS version of this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options