Duke4.net Forums: Just got eDuke... How do I run Multiplayer? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just got eDuke... How do I run Multiplayer?

User is offline   Marscaleb 

I just downloaded and installed eDuke. It runs great! I put it on a second machine in my house, and it runs fine there as well.
But how do I get to play multiplayer? I'm looking around but there is no multiplayer option I can find.

User is offline   fgsfds 

http://wiki.eduke32....iki/Multiplayer
Or use yang.http://yang-online.com/

User is offline   TheCycoONE 

The multiplayer is not so stable, you'll probably have better luck with xDuke for now.

Multiplayer- The IP I have to enter, I assume that since I am playing a network game I'll need the 192.168.1 IP address.
Do I enter this during the middle of the game then, as opposed to having to set this up before launching the program (as in days of olde)?
I'd like to submit a formal request that a simple option be added into the menu.
(I'm going to try the console command in a little while and report back.)

YANG- I cannot find any documentation on that page that actually explains what Yang is, let alone how to use it.
If eDuke already lets me connect directly to an IP address, what is this extra program supposed to do?

xDuke- I did a google search but I cannot find any information on how to download the program, let alone use it for multiplayer (in the case that it might not be readily apparent.)

yang lets you connect with other people. Yang should be pretty easy to set up.

Again I ask what Yang DOES.
I got eDuke to connect to my other computer through the network!
It's annoying to type out an IP address as a command line argument, but I got batch files set up now so we can just click and run.

Thanks for the help!

User is offline   TheCycoONE 

YANG is a tool to make it convenient to set up multiplayer games. You configure the locations of some of your games, then connect to it's servers to find other people playing; join rooms, and play. Similar to the way things worked before battle net put all this in game. Arguably even for LAN games it's more convenient than the command line.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostTheCycoONE, on 08 April 2011 - 04:29 AM, said:

Arguably even for LAN games it's more convenient than the command line.

I would disagree with this fact unless you are someone that is brand new to command lines or batch files.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options