Duke4.net Forums: Gearbox confirms Jon St. John to reprise iconic role as Duke from Duke Nukem 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gearbox confirms Jon St. John to reprise iconic role as Duke from Duke Nukem 3D

User is offline   aftli 

In this brand new Gearbox Mailbag post, Chris Faylor, Gearbox Software Community Manager confirms that Jon St. John is the voice of Duke Nukem:

Jon St. John, the voice of Duke since the days of Duke Nukem 3D, has returned to reprise the iconic role in Duke Nukem Forever.

Seriously, Gearbox? Are you fucking serious? You answer a question that we've known the answer to for fourteen years? How about some actual questions being answered? Between this and First Access Club being an absolute joke, I'm beginning to get a little irritated. How about getting something a little more than some bullshit concept art in there? And while you're at it, how about the ability to log in to the club, rather than me needing to type in my code every time? There's more content on the website than there is on that stupid First Access Club page.

Some of us have been waiting literally half of our lives for this game. Throw us a bone.

This post has been edited by aftli: 31 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Jon St John is doing the Duke voice again! OMG! No way! This is so awesome!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I love how they have time to write up stupid shit like this but not to answer any questions from Duke4.net or even respond to our emails. ;)

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Interesting...if they are just now confirming...that means he hadn't done voice work for them yet which means they are only just now recording and beginning to do audio.
No wonder there was a delay.

User is offline   randir14 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 31 March 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

Interesting...if they are just now confirming...that means he hadn't done voice work for them yet which means they are only just now recording and beginning to do audio.

No, it was already confirmed he did a lot of voice acting before Gearbox got the game, and a couple months ago he twittered that he was back in the studio doing more. I think this is just a case of them being lazy and answering easy questions.

This post has been edited by randir14: 31 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

User is offline   Hank 

^ lol & ditto - bottom line let's get some bubble gum and play WG Realms 1.2. Best game in town. With excellent voice acting and what not + you can choose if you wish to be Duke or not.

I could not resist to post this.;)

User is offline   aftli 

View Postrandir14, on 31 March 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

No, it was already confirmed he did a lot of voice acting before Gearbox got the game, and a couple months ago he twittered that he was back in the studio doing more. I think this is just a case of them being lazy and answering easy questions.

To be honest, it reads more like the FAQ sections on websites where the answer questions that have been "asked frequently" (but they're really just phrased as frequently asked questions, and they're just putting up answers to what they think people will probably ask). In other words, it's just BS PR suit stuff.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I still say that was just for newcomers to read as they are drawn in to see what ever became of the Duke they remember from Duke Nukem 3D... not intended for gamers like us who follow Duke like a religion.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

This just in!!! Demo is Delayed.. Because it was too big! Sorry Folks!

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View Postmuskydragon, on 31 March 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

This just in!!! Demo is Delayed.. Because it was too big! Sorry Folks!

And where do we find the source of this info? Ah, just realized what day it is......

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostTX, on 31 March 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

I love how they have time to write up stupid shit like this but not to answer any questions from Duke4.net or even respond to our emails. ;)

QFT + repped.

User is offline   Raziel 

Damn, really?! You learn something new every day!

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 31 March 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

He's been doing tons of voice work since the end of 2009/beginning of 2010. You can hear lines in the trailer and gameplay videos and on the website.

View PostTX, on 31 March 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yeah. Why did they bother taking questions? It shouldn't take this long to answer them...

This post has been edited by Zor: 01 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

View PostZor, on 01 April 2011 - 07:48 PM, said:

Yeah. Why did they bother taking questions? It shouldn't take this long to answer them...

They haven't even started yet. Hell i'm betting they won't bother unless Yatta kicks up one hell of a stink, and forces them to. Everything with GBX it seems takes an agurement.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options