Duke4.net Forums: "Fag" news? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

"Fag" news?  "Are you shitting me???"

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

There is just too much to say after reading this thread... I just deleted all of that before I get banned or death threats.

Damn people are unwise. I hate these jerks that always call "homo-phobic" as soon as someone doesn't agree with them on ANY topic related to homosexuality. That PISSES ME OFF!

Same with racism... if you don't pretend to just LOVE everything about every other race, racists call YOU the racist!

If I don't like most ANYTHING else it is ok though.

Me:"I don't like the color green really..."
Them: "OH! You must be one of those green-o-phobics!"
Me: "No... I just don't care for green, I prefer purple."
Them: "LIAR! You are so sad... you don't even KNOW you are green-o-phobic. You need therapy."
Me: "Uh... no, I am not afraid of green, I just don't prefer it."

See how stupid you sound D_R? Probably not.

Not everyone is fear based... and people who don't make that distinction are nearly all fear based people... which is a sad and unwise way to be.

Fools can learn wisdom though they can not make it for themselves... but if they are never exposed to wisdom, they are doomed to foolishness. ;)

The OP is doomed.

Yatta, I admire your patience and diplomacy... amazing. I was not offended at all... but I got it.

I would just ban, delete posts, repeat, with people like that... Maybe not though. I guess I am actually very patient as long as I don't perceive the person as one of the personality types that has cropped up since violence has been demonized. (e.g. the perpetually offended types.) The internet has bred a whole new herd of that kind of sheeple.

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 27 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

"BREAKING NEWS! Random white person gets offended at something completely undirected at them! More at 11."

If there's one thing I hate it's people who get offended easily over slurs of any kind. For one, they hear it all the time, so it's self righteous to stop what you are doing and run your mouth for a good few minutes. It's unwarranted self importance. Chances are no one cares what you have to say anyway, especially the guy who first said the offensive word.

Secondly, it achieves nothing. You wanna do your part to society and weaken the word? If you are allowed to use it, embrace it to an extent. The homophobes will always have some power with that word, use it yourself and take away as much of their power as possible. Hell, look at how the n-word has been weakened over half a century. Many people embraced it and weakened the sting.

Go ahead. Tell fag jokes to your friends. Call that guy trying to race you in a Civic a "Fag bagger." Do whatever you want. Fuck it.

I say the word "faggot" more than anyone I know. I never mean it to offend.

I'm huge into gay rights as well. Always have been. Named after my gay uncle (died of AIDS). Plus I'm bi. I prefer chicks but I got a thing for traps and emo looking guys. They gotta be fem (not flaming), and I'll never be the catcher, so as far as gay people go, I'm pretty fucking straight.

I'm just sick of tired of whiny Americans getting offended over every little thing. If you honestly care that some uneducated, xenophobic, intolerant dipshit redneck calls you a fag you have issues.

Fuck what other people think. Certain people are below you. Chances are if you are a good person, and genuinely love yourself, you won't need to care what other people think of you because you are already doing the right thing and you will be liked. If you meet all these criteria, and some dickhead runs his mouth, fuck 'im. Anyone who has prejudice like that is below you, plain and simple.

This post has been edited by Descent: 27 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

View PostMrBlackCat, on Mar 27 2011, 09:52 PM, said:

I would just ban, delete posts, repeat, with people like that... Maybe not though. I guess I am actually very patient as long as I don't perceive the person as one of the personality types that has cropped up since violence has been demonized. (e.g. the perpetually offended types.) The internet has bred a whole new herd of that kind of sheeple.

Sadly, that in turn just gives the person another thing to whine about. CENSORSHIP AGAINST HOMOS!!!

View PostDescent, on Mar 28 2011, 12:23 AM, said:

Secondly, it achieves nothing. You wanna do your part to society and weaken the word? If you are allowed to use it, embrace it to an extent. The homophobes will always have some power with that word, use it yourself and take away as much of their power as possible. Hell, look at how the n-word has been weakened over half a century. Many people embraced it and weakened the sting.

Depends on the skin color. Its only lost its sting by being turned into a "secret handshake" that can only be used by members of the club, whereas if anyone else uses it, they either get jailed or beat up. Again, equality FTW.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 27 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

View Postwayskobfssae, on Mar 27 2011, 09:30 PM, said:

Depends on the skin color. Its only lost its sting by being turned into a "secret handshake" that can only be used by members of the club, whereas if anyone else uses it, they either get jailed or beat up. Again, equality FTW.

It still decreases the sting. I'll get my ass kicked but I guarantee you the psychological effect is weaker now than it was in 1955.

This post has been edited by Descent: 27 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postwayskobfssae, on Mar 27 2011, 03:24 PM, said:

It must be nice to be of a color, race, religion, whatever, gender... that can just flash their politically-correct ID whenever something rubs them the wrong way so they can cry oppression whenever they want something. It's the adult version of what children do when they throw a temper tantrum.

Just imagine what kind of a reaction there'd be if heterosexuals ever wanted to have a pride parade, or if there were ever a 'white music awards.' You think those communities wouldn't go on a march screaming bigotry all the way to city hall - even though its something that they feel is well within their rights? Yeah, that's equality. Stop discriminating. ;)

What the fuck, dude....am I supposed to feel sorry for you or something because you're not a minority?

Excuse me, but you have classically prejudiced and quite frankly retarded opinions that would hold no merit in any sort of civilized or even half-witted debate, outside that of a KKK rally.

"People"- if they can even be called that- like yourself are prime examples of why we, as a civilization, haven't evolved nearly as much as we could have away from being blind, insensitive animals with zero tolerance for anyone different.

You say I'm playing the race card on you? Well, you're playing the "race-card card" on me, buddy...it's typical thing racists do when confronted for the bullshit they spew.

If you really need to be explained to as to why homosexual rights/pride parades are necessary while heterosexual pride gatherings are NOT, then you are so out of touch with reality, to the point where you're no doubt completely and utterly useless and a lost cause as far as living organisms are concerned.

Man you are a fucking drama queen. I can't stand people like you. No one is persecuting you here. Go look for attention somewhere else.

Oh and while you are at it? Stop playing the victim card.

This post has been edited by Descent: 27 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I think everyone here is trying to prove a positive point and we're all ultimately striving for the same thing.

We're just plagued by miscommunication and it's driving us apart. Duke Rocks, Descent--you guys are both correct in your own rights. In a perfect world, we would understand how such a paradox could be true.

I'm sorry again for being the root of it all, as this thread would not have existed had I not opted to poke fun at Faux News. But you live and learn. ;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options