Duke4.net Forums: Any Leaked Gameplay? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Leaked Gameplay?

User is offline   Nukem 

Through out this whole waiting game with #3D Realms on Duke Nukem Forever, you'd think a Pre Alpha would be leaked, I mean it happens all the time. So was there ever a Pre-Alpha leak of Duke NUkem Forever, an early Demo leak perhaps? Was there ever any sort of DNF gameplay leaked?

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Short answer-never. No playable DNF code has ever leaked.

As for playable builds that didn't leak:

I believe the only real "playable" demo/tech was the quake 2 engine based DNF(98 version).

The 2001 Unreal Engine trailer from what I understand was largely edited together and not terribly playable. Alot of smoke and mirrors basically.

The current build, highly playable to a point they could have been showing things for awhile now. Take it for what you will.

User is offline   Nukem 

I so I don't get it, the Quake 2 engine base, is there actual gameplay or something else. Where can I find it?

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

No, there's NO playable version of DNF Available anywhere on the internet, nothing of either of all the versions there have been has ever leaked to the public to anyones knowledge throughout all these years...

You shouldn't bother serching for it, it's not there...
What Kaiser said, was that what they showed of the Quake 2 based version, was playable in a sense of completion o the game (it was 'finished enough' to be playable, but far from ready for release) There was no playable version given out to anyone though, never...

User is offline   trackit 

There isnt any leaked playable DNF and its normal. What i find somewhat interesting is that not a single screenshot or any info has leaked throughout all those years. 10 years of development and nothing have ever leaked.

Maybe there is no DNF afterall :)

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Or 3D Realms just has tight control.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostRoger, on Sep 30 2007, 01:41 PM, said:

Or 3D Realms just has tight control.

I've thought this all along.

They're pretty ironclad.

User is offline   Nukem 

I think 3D Realms is like that, in fact sometimes it's by pure luck that Pre-Alphas are leaked, other than some fan made mods for Quake 2, DNF seems to have a bunker surrounding it.

User is offline   Lead 

Plus after the Valve thing happened and the complete engine source got on the internet, 3DR must have taken notice and looked at their own security.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Or maybe the people that work there are just faithful to their work. :)

User is offline   trackit 

sure :)

but you know, sometimes you wanna show some printscreen to a friend or someting and that friend sends it to some other friend and he in turn puts it on imageshack B)

anyway, im sure the staff have some fat penaltys in their agreement in case they leak something...

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

You can be sure on that thing. Then again, they have no reason to leak anything - they are professionals. I would surely hope that George Broussard decides to show us someting, or more than just something, later this year.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options