Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Delayed - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem Forever Delayed

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 05:55 PM, said:

I defend Gearbox all the time here but I can't defend this.

A delay is fine. Annoying, but fine.

But having the international community get the game four days before us? Completely fucking unacceptable. Beyond unacceptable actually. That's almost September 11th bad. Almost.

Great, now I gotta torrent this shit and then carry over my saves in four days.

God damn it just shut the hell up already. Every post you have is some snide comment. Just shut your mouth and be glad the game is coming. "RANDY SUX LOL!" He does? Tell me why that cocksucker Broussard was so much better.

Actually, I remember you now. You used to post on John Romero's forums.

So let me get this straight. You think Randy is a faggot but you like Broussard and Romero? Two of gamings biggest has been douchebags?

The fuck kind of logic is that?

I am glad to be an european + the game is arriving JUST before my birthday, gotta love that as a gift.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

It appears to be true.

Amazon has indeed switched their dates to June 14 now.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_1...e+nukem+forever

I doubt Gearbox/2k would notify them to change it only to say "April Fools, it's actually out on *insert date*!)

While I'm not totally surprised, I do find the timing extremely bad with April 1st a week away. You'd think they'd
have waited until after the 1st.

Let's just hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

It's becoming all to familiar again......

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Following DNF's development saga has entertained me more than the game ever will.

I wouldn't mind one bit if they switched engine after this sweet little delay. ;)

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 09:55 AM, said:

I defend Gearbox all the time here but I can't defend this.

A delay is fine. Annoying, but fine.

But having the international community get the game four days before us? Completely fucking unacceptable. Beyond unacceptable actually. That's almost September 11th bad. Almost.

Great, now I gotta torrent this shit and then carry over my saves in four days.

Duke is an AMERICAN ICON, him coming out around the world before his own damn country is the biggest bullshit ever, and the real thing that pisses me off about all this. Like you said, its just fucking bullshit.

View PostTwig, on Mar 24 2011, 08:02 AM, said:

1 month! One month! Things happen. Deal with it. Or at least deal with it in dignity, not by spazzing out.

My only gripe is that people act in a totally unsocial manner, like they are the kings of the world. Over a game. That's only a month late.

I can understand sadness over the fact, that it's not coming out on 3rd may. But going all JKABSDKJANDSksankjnsadkjBS just justifies tha stereotype, that gamers are idiot manchildren. Grow up, stop making me feel ashamed over my hobby, that could have more of an actual artistic merit, if there weren't touches like Jim Sterling in it.

1 MONTH TOO MANY!! YOU DO NOT CONFIRM A GAMES RELEASE DATE AFTER 14 YEARS, MAKE A HUGE DEAL OUT IT, PROMISE NO MORE FUCKING AROUND, AND THAN SUDDENELY DELAY, AND NOT EVEN GIVE A FUCKING REASON!!!!! THE ONLY "Sorry" is from a poorly made, cheesy, clearly (badly) acted video, and we're supposed to take it lying down?! FUCK NO!

The stereotype for gamers is geeks BTW not manchildren. YOU need to grow up, as you clearly have no understanding of gamers. "artistic merit" is a perfect example. Gameplay first buddy!

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 05:55 PM, said:

God damn it just shut the hell up already. Every post you have is some snide comment. Just shut your mouth and be glad the game is coming. "RANDY SUX LOL!" He does? Tell me why that cocksucker Broussard was so much better.

Actually, I remember you now. You used to post on John Romero's forums.

So let me get this straight. You think Randy is a faggot but you like Broussard and Romero? Two of gamings biggest has been douchebags?

The fuck kind of logic is that?

Just to make a few things clear. I'm not pissed that the game is delayed, I'm actually not even suprised after the bad, outdated PAX East presentation, that it got delayed.

I'm pissed HOW the delay was announced. The company spent money & time into that video, where "fans" rather would like to get a couple of new screenshots, gameplay movie (non shaky) or even some technical details about the product. That's all.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Again, if this means the game will be better by then, so be it.

A good game is delayed a month or two. But a buggy, unpolished, and botched release of a game will make it suck forever.
Think about that.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

1 MONTH TOO MANY!! ...etc.

Yes, Blacky, you have already expressed your opinion. Now settle down. ;)

User is offline   ferran275 

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 10:05 AM, said:

1 MONTH TOO MANY!! YOU DO NOT CONFIRM A GAMES RELEASE DATE AFTER 14 YEARS, MAKE A HUGE DEAL OUT IT, PROMISE NO MORE FUCKING AROUND, AND THAN SUDDENELY DELAY, AND NOT EVEN GIVE A FUCKING REASON!!!!! THE ONLY "Sorry" is from a poorly made, cheesy, clearly (badly) acted video, and we're supposed to take it lying down?! FUCK NO!

The stereotype for gamers is geeks BTW not manchildren. YOU need to grow up, as you clearly have no understanding of gamers. "artistic merit" is a perfect example. Gameplay first buddy!

agreed.

I hate how us Gamers are just seen as ravenous animals that need to be kept at bay. Not saying we deserve it, but we get no fucking respect at all, ESPECIALLY from GearBox

View PostStrikerMan780, on Mar 24 2011, 10:07 AM, said:

Again, if this means the game will be better by then, so be it.

A good game is delayed a month or two. But a buggy, unpolished, and botched release of a game will make it suck forever.
Think about that.

Two things: 1. You don't know why the game was delayed ( ;) ) I could have nothing to do with buggyness or polish, and 2. A buggy game these days doesn't necessarily mean it will suck forever, through the magic of patches.

View Postferran275, on Mar 24 2011, 10:09 AM, said:

agreed.

I hate how us Gamers are just seen as ravenous animals that need to be kept at bay. Not saying we deserve it, but we get no fucking respect at all, ESPECIALLY from GearBox

Finally someone talks sense.

View PostSplat, on Mar 24 2011, 10:08 AM, said:

Yes, Blacky, you have already expressed your opinion. Now settle down.

No.
Maybe GBX will listen.......

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 10:15 AM, said:

You know if they pull a demo out of their ass ahead of schedule something tells me we won't care too much. Hell, I'd stop caring for a while...

For a while not forever.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 24 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

You know if they pull a demo out of their ass ahead of schedule something tells me we won't care too much. Hell, I'd stop caring for a while...

• Auramancer

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 02:11 PM, said:

Two things: 1. You don't know why the game was delayed ( ;) ) I could have nothing to do with buggyness or polish, and 2. A buggy game these days doesn't necessarily mean it will suck forever, through the magic of patches.

Two things:
1. Of course not, none of us do, but it is an educated guess.

2. A Botched release where things are absolutely crippled is enough to make it get universally panned in reviews, get fans to disown and berate the game and pound it into the ground. With lack of support from fans, and the game turning out to be a commercial failure, the ball gets dropped by the company and they move on, thus patches cease to come. You'd be surprised how much that can, and has hurt games in the past.

View Postferran275, on Mar 24 2011, 02:09 PM, said:

While I partly agree, (Minus the Gearbox bit, hey, at least they were up-front and honest, and that is respectful in and of itself.) it's all in how people conduct themselves. I know plenty of gamers that actually DO conduct themselves like perpetually angry raving lunatics, and it gives the good gaming folk a bad rap.

No.

Maybe if you took your title of self-proclaimed troll and threw it away, they'd be more inclined to listen.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 24 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostStrikerMan780, on Mar 24 2011, 10:18 AM, said:

2. A Botched release where things are absolutely crippled is enough to make it get universally panned in reviews, get fans to disown and berate the game and pound it into the ground.

Ya I do understand what a botched release is dude.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Mar 24 2011, 10:18 AM, said:

While I agree, it's all in how people conduct themselves. I know plenty of gamers that actually DO conduct themselves like raving lunatics, and it gives the good folk a bad rap.

I'm glad you agree but if your refering to me (or trolls in general) giving gaming a bad rep. BS! That's COD fans ;) Seriously though I don't giving gaming a bad rep.

View Postkaisersoze, on Mar 24 2011, 01:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

EPIC WIN!!!!!!

This post has been edited by blackharted: 24 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostSplat, on Mar 24 2011, 01:03 PM, said:

Following DNF's development saga has entertained me more than the game ever will.

I wouldn't mind one bit if they switched engine after this sweet little delay. ;)

Posted Image

Botched release = Why Daikatana got shit reviews.

Wasn't a good game until the 1.2 patch.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Posted Image

;)

Would be funny normally.

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 10:22 AM, said:

And by then, nobody gave a damn.

This was a really stupid move on their part. It's not the amount of time they delay it for. They gave us a release date. After 14 years we FINALLY could all breath a sigh of relief. Now? Who the fuck knows. Maybe in a month they'll delay it until the Christmas season because it'd be "Duke's time." Again, who knows. That's all this has done. Everyone has to shrug with a confused expression, because not even June 14th is very certain, now.

They did gain a lot of people's trust with a date. This is why I said nobody should take pre-orders until the game is for certain going to ship. Not with DNF.

This is rather ridiculous, imho.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Mar 24 2011, 09:31 AM, said:

And by then, nobody gave a damn.

This was a really stupid move on their part. It's not the amount of time they delay it for. They gave us a release date. After 14 years we FINALLY could all breath a sigh of relief. Now? Who the fuck knows. Maybe in a month they'll delay it until the Christmas season because it'd be "Duke's time." Again, who knows. That's all this has done. Everyone has to shrug with a confused expression, because not even June 14th is very certain, now.

They did gain a lot of people's trust with a date. This is why I said nobody should take pre-orders until the game is for certain going to ship. Not with DNF.

This is rather ridiculous, imho.

This needs to be quoted again and again on EVERY forum, ESPECIALLY GBX!!! BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!

As you said they FINALLY gained a hell of a lot of people trust, and BOOM! it's gone. Gone Forever.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 24 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

So far I've seen two people crying on the GBX forums, one "crushed on a physical level."

Posted Image

Grow some balls.

blackhearted said:

This needs to be quoted again and again on EVERY forum, ESPECIALLY GBX!!! BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!

As you said they FINALLY gained a hell of a lot of people trust, and BOOM! it's gone. Gone Forever.

Who cares. It'll be back in June.

Besides, any of those guys canceling their preorders are God damn drama queens.

"OH NO A ONE MONTH DELAY THE GAME MAY NEVER COME OUT! BETTER GET MY FIVE BUCKS BACK, LOL"

This post has been edited by Descent: 24 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 09:38 AM, said:

So far I've seen two people crying on the GBX forums, one "crushed on a physical level."

Posted Image

Grow some balls.

Balls shattered by crushing disapointment, and BS!

I'm just saying. Haven't post on GBX forum since last year, BUT WILL TOMORROW.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 24 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 01:38 PM, said:

"OH NO A ONE MONTH DELAY THE GAME MAY NEVER COME OUT! BETTER GET MY FIVE BUCKS BACK, LOL"

Class action law suite. That is the solution to pre-orders for games that never come out.

Oh fuck off Flibble this is serious!!!

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 24 2011, 10:45 AM, said:

Class action law suite. That is the solution to pre-orders for games that never come out.

There'd be like five people who had still their stubs from places like BABBAGES and could actually join it.

This post has been edited by Descent: 24 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

User is offline   Twig 

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 07:05 PM, said:

Ok, I don't want to be flaming and I do admit, that my views are abit slanted (as are everyones, but that's not the matter). But, I do kindly remind you, that I have not been caps-locking you, and that is usually considered as rude. And gamers were geeks in 80s and 90s, nowadays gamers are in mainstream views consoleowning dudebroing fratboys, essenitaly Jim Sterling (blergh, a blight on gaming, anyway you put it). Ofcourse good gameplay is a thing of splendour. That's why I like well designed gameplay of Blood Bowl or Solium Infernum, the solid rules and ways to bend them (aka gameplay) are truelly a joyous thing. So was Duke 3d, it had good gameplay. But saying "gameplay over all, bitch, <goats> the story" is dumb, really really dumb, they must not be mutually exclusive. And more, it doesn't have to be just fun, to be enjoyable. The story of Planescape Torment is not fun (though occasionally amusing with it's dark humour and the everloved Morte), but as an experience it's really one of the best things, that gaming has produced. And I too, will always hail "Passage", no matter how it will make Jim Sterling and the likeminded howl. For yes, it's gameplay is minimal but it really didn't have to be much more. It was an succesful experiment (well, at least in my eyes) in conveing an emotion and a personal, artistic message in a game. It's not that it's a be-all-end-all story, but it shows, that it can be done and gives other the courage to at least try to make something more in games than only manshooters. (also the "Passage's" author's Jason Rohrer's new game is all pure shoot'em'up gameplay brilliance).

I just don't understand, where is the problem in this "artistic merit", why is it so vile to you. Tell me, how have the artistic experiments spoiled your fun, when most of the games in the market so far are completely soulless and unartful moneygrabs, all those militaristic shooters. If anything, the courage to try more is good, it doesn't hit the mark all the time but get this, it does not have to, the fearful need to succeed at all costs has made the mainstream gaming a stale, putrid place. But these "artsy" experiments will culminate in something new and interesting. So every step is a thing to be thankful of.

And it's not like I'm all artsy-farsty myself, drinking absinthe and reciting Kerouac (although Grim Fandango is a superb game), I gladly play games like Duke 3D, Serious Sam or WH40K series. And you know why? Because they are creative (and therefore, being artistic) in their violence and absurd manliness.

So don't go and decry me or that damned "artistic merit", but, behave, and be decent.
And we all will have all kinds of awesome niceness, albeit a month later ;)

• Auramancer

View PostDescent, on Mar 24 2011, 02:22 PM, said:

Botched release = Why Daikatana got shit reviews.

Exactly, but even after that, because of it's failure on release It's still regarded as one of the worst games ever. Making people to this day refuse to touch it, let alone patch it. It's not that bad after the patches, but most people don't see that masked behind all of the extreme negativity.

It's also why people are berating the PC version of Bulletstorm, due to all it's problems that still aren't fully resolved. The game itself is brilliant, but, due to all the problems, people are more willing to pan it based entirely on spite and word-of-mouth.

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 02:21 PM, said:

I'm glad you agree but if your refering to me (or trolls in general) giving gaming a bad rep. BS! That's COD fans ;) Seriously though I don't giving gaming a bad rep.

I was talking to ferran. And yes, trolls do give gaming a bad rap. They live and feed off of making people miserable, just for amusement, and to feel better about themselves and mask their own personal problems. I'm sorry, but to me they are some of the lowest of the garbage.

The only true good "Trolls" that I don't mind are not really Trolls at all, but are good-natured, and sharp-witted people who toy with and ward off the real dumbasses and cancer of a community. They also drive annoying 8-year-olds and MLG retards into rage quitting from public game servers, bringing forth some peace for those who just want to enjoy themselves.

The COD community gives gaming a bad rap due to the fact it's MLG retard population is far too dense, and the fact they also believe that everything in COD is true to life. Just watch these people in the comments sections of gun demonstrations on YouTube.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 24 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

You know, Striker, the more I talk to ya, the more I like ya. No homo.

Didn't know you also enjoyed the most underrated game of all time.

Sucks Romero had to be burned at the stake for that but he did seal his own fate to an extent.

User is offline   Twig 

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 07:11 PM, said:

No.

;)

(sorry, this is probably borderline trolling and the mods can slap me on the wrist for that, but...)

Yeah, going all UHJBDSJHA78stGADUIswheersmaiiiigaaaimyouupoaaaaamisediiiittooomiiiii!!! !aouihniuj3834 will totally make them stop and ponder, that maybe they did something truly unjust, something so foul, that it shook the the fabric of the whole universe and they truly are indebt to this well-versed raving madman and truly, not a finer point has been made on tha matters such as these.

So, I too, will join you, my brother in importance, and will express my deeper thoughts in hope, that the world will be a better a better place thanks to it, that wars will end, everyone gets a spoonful, the leaders of countries shake hands and babies smile gleefully forever.

Ready, here I go:
ashdnajksdnsajk/&/&TYHGYUjhamnsSD/&

Yes, every bit of profound as blackhearts wild but beautiful prose
(or is it harted, not hearted? oh woe is me, for I do not speak the language of the poets, for I lack the muses that you do)

This post has been edited by Twig: 24 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostTwig, on Mar 24 2011, 10:49 AM, said:

Pointless, irrelevent spam, advertising long, long quote

Right where to start? *rubs hands together*
Do you honestly think I give a fuck about being rude?

Ofcourse good gameplay is a thing of splendour.

No dick gameplay is flat out, no contest the most important part of a game (Above graphics and story)

I just don't understand, where is the problem in this "artistic merit", why is it so vile to you. Tell me, how have the artistic experiments spoiled your fun, when most of the games in the market so far are completely soulless and unartful moneygrabs, all those militaristic shooters.

Because so many God damn games place to much importance on graphics and not enough on gameplay. Yes of course graphics are important but no where near as important as gameplay. FACT.

The story of Planescape Torment is not fun (though occasionally amusing with it's dark humour and the everloved Morte), but as an experience it's really one of the best things, that gaming has produced. And I too, will always hail "Passage", no matter how it will make Jim Sterling and the likeminded howl. For yes, it's gameplay is minimal but it really didn't have to be much more. It was an succesful experiment (well, at least in my eyes) in conveing an emotion and a personal, artistic message in a game.

BS! Heavy Rain provided a MUCH better all round experience, that the piece of crap you mention, its bear minimum gameplay killed it, whereas Heavy Rain had minimal gameplay, and at the same time lots of gameplay, as that dictated what you did at every moment.

behave, and be decent.

Piss off. Why the hell should I be decent to a obvious COD fanboy who clearly knows nothing about what REAL games are about?

This post has been edited by blackharted: 24 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

This just in: Gearbox changes release date to When It's Done.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options