Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Delayed - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem Forever Delayed

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

You're a fucking retard if this delay surprised you. When the terrible previews started rolling out from PAX East I totally called an imminent delay announcement.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMrBlackCat, on Mar 24 2011, 05:32 AM, said:

If this is real, it is a mistake.
If this is not real, it is a mistake.

AGREED

Hi, im new around here, but have been following this site for along time ;)

Why would they make the new dates coming 14th then international 10th? This is a early april fools joke for sure, randy says it real... but he is obviously trolling, he wouldent say its almost done and in the final stages to push it back XD also at the end he throws a bitch fit that was obviously acted.

Edit: and you wouldnt go though the effort of making a HD video and post it on youtube to inform a delay, you would just tell the fans with text.

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 24 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

For some reason, my nerves are completely unaffected by this.

Something tells me that this is either a hilarious marketing ploy, or if the delay is absolutely 100% certainly real, it's for a very good reason and we could be getting a far better game for it.

Despite the fact I have been waiting for this since 1999, I've tuned myself to not treat the game as if it were 13 years in development, because logic dictates this build was in development in a lot shorter time.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 24 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

after thinking about it, i think it's real. BUT i want something in return. give me a new trailer or the demo or both.

people at the GearBox forum are getting desperate, thinking that an image of monkey's a 17 seconds on some dudes screen means they're "monkeying" with us, I want it to be a joke too, but, wow, thats grasping at nothing if I've ever seen it

yes flying pigs would have been more obvious! ;)

User is offline   zwieback 

i'm thinking that i don't know what i should think about it right now.. like i stated before, the monkeys .. but hmm

User is offline   BFG9000 

while i still think gearbox is a great dev., and yeah, the delay is only a month, this is just bad all around. for all parties. any momentum the game had garnered from, i guess 'new' fans is shot to hell, and for me personally, i've just got a bad taste in my mouth. i will still buy it, if it DOES come out, but at the moment any excitement i had is pretty much gone and i'm just sort of feeling indifferent. i don't feel like i'm going to rush out on day 1 to pick it up anymore. any trust gb had gained is just flying out the window.
i haven't watched the video but does it say why? i'd really like to know. seems like a bad business move, and part of me can't help but think that maybe the game will truly only amount to vaporware.

I see Monkeys...;)

If the game is delayed I hope we will get something to chew on. New trailer is the minimum, but demo would be a lot better!

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! FUCKING LIERS!!!!! FUCKING CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! FUCKING LYING SCUM BAG CUNTS!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! WTF!!!!!! :P ;) ;)

WHY THE FUCK ANNOUNCE A DATE, AND CONFIRM IT ONLY TO TAKE IT BACK!!!!! LYING, ROTTON TWO-FACED LYING ASSHOLES!!!!!!!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

WHY THE FUCK?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

RANDY CAN'T ACT FOR SHIT!!!!

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

I wanted this for my birthday!!!

FUCK!!!!! FUCKING HATE YOU GBX!!!!!!! YOU LYING SON OF BITCHES!!!!!!!

;) http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/ted.gif

This post has been edited by blackharted: 24 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 06:03 AM, said:

NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! FUCKING LIERS!!!!! FUCKING CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! FUCKING LYING SCUM BAG CUNTS!!!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! WTF!!!!!! :P ;) ;)

WHY THE FUCK ANNOUNCE A DATE, AND CONFIRM IT ONLY TO TAKE IT BACK!!!!! LYING, ROTTON TWO-FACED LYING ASSHOLES!!!!!!!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

WHY THE FUCK?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

RANDY CAN'T ACT FOR SHIT!!!!

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

I wanted this for my birthday!!!

FUCK!!!!! FUCKING HATE YOU GBX!!!!!!! YOU LYING SON OF BITCHES!!!!!!!

;) http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/ted.gif

Hey Blackharted *waves*

little late to the party :P

I know.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 09:38 AM, said:

I know.

I was hoping for a less cryptic message for how you felt about the delay announcement blackharted...
Just so it is clear, are you unhappy about this? ;)

Seriously, that is not a positive thing at this point... I will accept there was a serious reason for the delay though, after as much talk of not jerking the fans around on this as Randy did.

I am still in shock in a way though... I wish they had not announced a date yet in a way... just so I could not be let down.

I am not cancelling pre-orders or hanging myself... but I have to admit I am a let down just because of the history of this game. I have grown bitter toward that feeling of "just a little longer" I have had since 1998 for this game.

User is offline   Twig 

View Postferran275, on Mar 24 2011, 03:06 PM, said:

Over at the GearBox forums people are saying left and right they're canceling their pre-orders

;) REALLY? ;)

Because the game they have been waiting for years, is now suspended for a month? ;) Seriously, those duke fans are crybabies and primadonnas. And I played duke in 97 and have been waiting for forever, but this... this is the very definiton of a manchild - complete self-centerness and lack of touch with reality. Boohoo, the game someone has spent years and lots of money to create, ships a month later, while you were free to play, watch, read or otherways enjoy some other great things in life (there is a life beyond duke, you know, as great at it hopefuly is), and you still think it's perfectly ok to throw sissy fits and temper tantrums, when something like a delay (and you know, delays happen mostly for the benefit for games, too many great games have been muddled by rushing - like sadly Vampire: the Bloodlines, the potentially greatest RPG that thanks to rushing on the publishers part never quite was that sadly).

Those people should really be ashamed and analyze themselves, because maybe they are just soulless empty husks, when they feel great only if they can wave with their wallets in an angry manner. Like, it's a game, where the <donkies> to you get the entitlement over the work that some have been doing for years for this game to ship. If they think, that a (mere) month will help the cause, then honestly - sit down, pipe down and get a life.

User is offline   Alithinos 

Did you noticed what's on the monitor next to the guy who is painting ?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Za0ho-vvkXU

Fast Forward to 0:17 and pause the video.
On the monitor you can clearly see monkey photographs,and monkey paintings next to the photographs.

The man spend his time painting digital monkeys..

DNF is delayed because the developers are painting monkeys.

View PostTwig, on Mar 24 2011, 07:27 AM, said:

;) REALLY? ;)

Because the game they have been waiting for years, is now suspended for a month? ;) Seriously, those duke fans are crybabies and primadonnas. And I played duke in 97 and have been waiting for forever, but this... this is the very definiton of a manchild - complete self-centerness and lack of touch with reality.

Sit down, pipe down and get a life.

Yes really. After all this fucking time, GBX has said so many times they wouldn't jerk us around and works so hard to gain our trust, and than finally gives us what we wanted,-a release date- and said no more jokes, and no more lies and delays, and than OUT OF NOWHERE they suddenly pull the rug out from under us AGAIN! so yes we're pissed. YOU are the manchild and YOU need to get a life.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Hahaha....hahahahahahaha......hahahaha....I simply laughed.
Although, I find it odd that the release date was switched with International release coming first. That is actually what made me angry. The release date thing is "meh" because I tried not to get excited. See, now you all have blue balls.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

This is gearbox right now:
Posted Image

By the way, I'm in full agreement with Twig here.

Heh, seems like our little resident lame-ass self-proclaimed troll is getting a bit pissy.

*puts on Horatio's clothing and gets sunglasses*

I guess the troll...

Posted Image

Just got trolled.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 24 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostAlithinos, on Mar 24 2011, 08:38 AM, said:

Did you noticed what's on the monitor next to the guy who is painting ?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Za0ho-vvkXU

Fast Forward to 0:17 and pause the video.
On the monitor you can clearly see monkey photographs,and monkey paintings next to the photographs.

The man spend his time painting digital monkeys..

DNF is delayed because the developers are painting monkeys.

Finally, some common sense from someone in this thread. ;)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Muhahaha
GBX have made my day for the first time.
Btw., did these guys answer Yatta's questions list in the meantime or was this even the cause for delay?

User is offline   Twig 

View Postblackharted, on Mar 24 2011, 05:44 PM, said:

Yes really. After all this fucking time, GBX has said so many times they wouldn't jerk us around and works so hard to gain our trust, and than finally gives us what we wanted,-a release date- and said no more jokes, and no more lies and delays, and than OUT OF NOWHERE they suddenly pull the rug out from under us AGAIN! so yes we're pissed. YOU are the manchild and YOU need to get a life.

1 month! One month! Things happen. Deal with it. Or at least deal with it in dignity, not by spazzing out.

My only gripe is that people act in a totally unsocial manner, like they are the kings of the world. Over a game. That's only a month late.

I can understand sadness over the fact, that it's not coming out on 3rd may. But going all JKABSDKJANDSksankjnsadkjBS just justifies tha stereotype, that gamers are idiot manchildren. Grow up, stop making me feel ashamed over my hobby, that could have more of an actual artistic merit, if there weren't touches like Jim Sterling in it.

This post has been edited by Twig: 24 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

I'm glad that I'm finally banned over @ Gearbox for saying the truth.

The whole delay thing is only for promoting the person Randy Pitchford. Seriously, they spent hours making this video and Randy acts like a c-list hollywood actor. The irony is that FAC members got the information first, but no other, real benefits.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLeoD, on Mar 24 2011, 09:01 AM, said:

Btw., did these guys answer Yatta's questions list in the meantime or was this even the cause for delay?

Nope and nope.

fuck this shit if they delay it into july I lose some huge bets T_T

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

I don't know what's more hilarious - the announcement itself, or everyone's reaction to it. ;)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Personally I think 2k jumped the gun on the release date announcement to begin with. Randy himself said that the public knew about it before he did. And now the heat is coming onto Gearbox because of 2k's mistake.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Developers usually get the brunt of the punishment for mistakes the publishers make.

This must be a mistake.
June 10 Worldwide and June 14 it's coming ?
That makes no sense at all.

Anyways, some guys are acting like little boys here.
Goddamn whiners.
Cancelling pre-orders because it is a month late ?
That's immature, you've waited a long time for this game and now you're cancelling it because it is a month late ?
That's just stupid.

Duke never comes early.
Laughed my ass off with this sentence.
Damn right, he always comes too late.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I defend Gearbox all the time here but I can't defend this.

A delay is fine. Annoying, but fine.

But having the international community get the game four days before us? Completely fucking unacceptable. Beyond unacceptable actually. That's almost September 11th bad. Almost.

Great, now I gotta torrent this shit and then carry over my saves in four days.

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Mar 24 2011, 08:02 AM, said:

I'm glad that I'm finally banned over @ Gearbox for saying the truth.

The whole delay thing is only for promoting the person Randy Pitchford. Seriously, they spent hours making this video and Randy acts like a c-list hollywood actor. The irony is that FAC members got the information first, but no other, real benefits.

God damn it just shut the hell up already. Every post you have is some snide comment. Just shut your mouth and be glad the game is coming. "RANDY SUX LOL!" He does? Tell me why that cocksucker Broussard was so much better.

Actually, I remember you now. You used to post on John Romero's forums.

So let me get this straight. You think Randy is a faggot but you like Broussard and Romero? Two of gamings biggest has been douchebags?

The fuck kind of logic is that?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options