Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Delayed - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Nukem Forever Delayed

User is offline   Green 

Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed until June 14.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Za0ho-vvkXU

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostMr. Green, on Mar 24 2011, 01:36 PM, said:

Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed until June 14.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Za0ho-vvkXU

No way MAN !!!!!!!
;) ;)
I'm fucking laughing.

DID >>DNF <<JUST GET DELAYED AGAIN?????????????????????
ARE YOU MONUMENTALLY FUCKING KIDDING MEEEEEHHHH?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 March 2011 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   Twig 

An international release before us? As it should be! ;)
(just kidding, but us europeans have a long tradition of waiting games long after they have shipped in US, so that's a nice change).

And Deviance, here's a video for you
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2OoYW-QpWSM

A delay of month truelly is worthy of a meltdown, you wonderful human being, you...

This post has been edited by Twig: 24 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

User is offline   Raziel 

........... See you guys in 2 years when DNF is again close to shipping. Seriously though, I suppose the bright side is that June 10th is my bithday.

Does anyone else find it strange that the international release is actually earlier? I mean, I'm not complaining, I prefer getting it on my birthday than 4 days later.

Anyway, to put my feelings into words: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc...feature=related

This post has been edited by Raziel: 24 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

It's a joke, right?

User is offline   ferran275 

I am so monumentally pissed right now, not ONLY is a US game being release elsewhere before we get it, no offense rest of the world but that is fucking BULLSHIT. But we also have to wait another month, I JUST YESTERDAY got approved vacation time for that whole week, now I've got to go into work and figure all this shit out, fucking god dammit.

GearBox said no delays this time, they fucking said it.... Basterds

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Tis a joke.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Posted Image

User is offline   Twig 

Are you sure you guys are the greatest duke fans of them all (being on duke4 and whatnot)? A monthly delay is not something serious at all. It's not "when it's done", there is a very concrete date set, and only a month, not six months, not a year. It seems that all your nerves have been shot long time ago, because any tiny thing makes you nitpick or despair, completely out of proportion. That's not fandom, that's being looney.

User is offline   LkMax 

Posted Image

I just saw it on my e-mail and... WTF?
Is that true? Or it's just a kind of "marketing joke"?
It would not scare me if it were another game, but it's DNF with your "when it's done" disease.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 24 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

View Postkaisersoze, on Mar 24 2011, 04:13 AM, said:

Tis a joke.

I don't really understand the logic of a joke like this, I thought so too until that end title came up on screen, kind of solidified it in my head, telling us to 'beat them up' over at the site they're trying to make light of a real situation, its fucking real, I hate that it is, but it is real

just writing it out in an email would have been fine, I didn't need to get all excited seeing a new video in my box, I was on my way home when I got the email, so I rushed home, the whole time wondering what awesome announcement it could be. diss a pointed

User is offline   Rayban 

I smell early April fools joke.

User is offline   Dennis 

It's not a joke, reset the countdown on the main page please ;)

This post has been edited by Dennis: 24 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

User is offline   Eclipse 

Gahhhhhhhhh, I'm not too fussed about there being a delay - this is DNF after all - but I'm getting married on June 10th and then will be abroad for my honeymoon. I'm going to have to try like a mofo to avoid spoilers... maybe I'll just cancel the wedding instead?!

User is offline   Raziel 

Why does even Randy sound surprised, at the end, he really did look pretty angry. I wonder if perhaps he didn't actually know and just saw the guy replace the date on the video screen...

User is offline   zwieback 

call me paranoid, but this is not what it looks like. at all.

User is offline   You 

I thought the PS3 version was a bit worrying (we hadn't seen anything on it yet), but does anyone know when Jace Hall is next showing? It isn't april 1st is it ;)

View PostRaziel, on Mar 24 2011, 04:33 AM, said:

Why does even Randy sound surprised, at the end, he really did look pretty angry. I wonder if perhaps he didn't actually know and just saw the guy replace the date on the video screen...

no, its completely scripted, why else would he be talking about how close we are in a video about the release date, it was scripted, then shot, probably had to shoot it multiple times to get the "anger" right...

Wasn't there talk about Jace Hall delaying something until an announcement?

lol @ 'You' I was writing about Jace Hall the same time you were

This post has been edited by ferran275: 24 March 2011 - 04:39 AM

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostRaziel, on Mar 24 2011, 01:33 PM, said:

Ha ha, quote of the year !

User is offline   Raziel 

I am going to be so fucking pissed if the demo release date is now May 3rd! Mainly because I was expecting to play the whole game then, not a demo. They better get that demo out before I start tearing the internet apart.

Y'know, this is really bad... Like REALLY bad.

They've spent the last 6 months building people's trust, and they just shattered at least half of it. The naysayers, the non believers, any one of them that they turned to the good side, the trusting side, they just lost, with one fell swoop, they're gone. I would love to believe its a joke but companies don't make jokes like this when money is on the line. Over at the GearBox forums people are saying left and right they're canceling their pre-orders, and thats people on the forums, imagine other people, people who care just enough to want it, but not enough to talk on a forum, you better believe they'll be canceling their pre-orders. It's not a joke, and unless someone else knows otherwise and would like to share their info, please stop giving out false hope, we're waiting another month (at least) (see? now even I'M skeptical)

This I wrote on March 18 on the GBX forums ;)

When I think more about April 1 , it's just a too good chance to pass for the public. I mean many FAC members are big Duke fans, they are aware of DNF and it's history. They know what to expect from Duke. BUT the general gamer public is still not very aware of Duke. The release of the Demo for the public on April 1 would have a huge impact. I would be the talk all over the internet.

Just imagine on March 28 a press release goes live

Press release:
2K Games and Gearbox Software just restocked their bubble gum supply.
We are proud to announce the release of the Duke Nukem Forever demo for April 1, 2011.
Head over to XBoxLive and Playstation Store to download your load of Duke love as soon as April 1 is here! Windows PC users have to check the Duke Nukem Forever steam page to download the demo as soon as it hits steam on April 1, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever gets released in the US on May 3 and Europe on May 6.
1999-2011 all rights resereved

On April 1 early in the morning a new press release says that it was all just an April's fools joke and DNF will be delayed to WID!

at the same time on the internetz....

Internet goes wild and gamewebsites put up hate speech articles!

Sometime in the evening on April 1...
A video gets uploaded on 2K's and GBX's youtube channel and also visible on 2K's frontpage and also GBX's frontpage with claptrap singing and dancing like Rick Astley. At the end of the 30 sec. video there is a random link presented if you click it you get redirected to a website which looks really annoying and multiple claptraps doing the Rick Astley. After you watched the website for 20 seconds or so the screen explodes and you hear Jon's voice say: "you though't I was all outa gum?!". The official DNF website appears with a press release rigth in the middle of the website.

Press release:
2K Games and Gearbox Software just "claptraped" you the hard way.
The Demo of Duke Nukem Forever is NOW live for Windows PC, XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 via Steam, XBOX Live and Playstation Store!
1999-2011 all rights resereved

Having said all that, here's my awesome plotline for if it IS a joke:

So either A: we get another video later in the week or B: Jace Hall premieres it on his show.

but either way, it would start off with a recap of the announcement, Randy walking off all pissed, then the camera goes handheld and follows Randy down the hall, he cursing and muttering to himself, then he goes into someones office, or the dev teams area and just starts beating the crap out of everybody, camera right behind him, "YOU DELAY MY GAME?! WE SAID WE WOULDN'T DELAY BASTERDS!!!!" and he goes crazy and walls himself off in his office, cops come in and try to talk with him but he's gone crazy and is holding someone hostage (Jace?)

So in the end they agree to keep it May 3rd if he'll calm down, OR if it is real, maybe the cops say "if you calm down we will release the demo" and he kind of calms down and looks into the camera and says "I FIGHT FOR YOU!!!!" lol that would be great, not holding my breath, but I do think there is more to this, and no I'm not saying its a complete hoax, because I doubt it is, but we need something else to show they still care, that one video is NOT enough, call me a whiny fan but I have waited too goddamn long for one one minute video saying 'we're sorry'

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postferran275, on Mar 24 2011, 06:06 AM, said:

They've spent the last 6 months building people's trust, and they just shattered at least half of it.

Well actually... they haven't done anything since PAX that would build trust with anyone... Heck, it's been 6 months now since their 'demo coming soon' announcement and we still don't even have a release date for the demo yet! So I don't know where your trust comes from. Anyway, what I said 6 months ago still stands, fuck the trailer, I want a demo since it is at least something no one can take away from us later. This delay is another example of this in action.

Really, I am so sick and tired of hearing the word delay and Duke Nukem Forever in the same sentence, even if it is just one month. Seriously, I give up... The day this game ships I'll be happy, but I'm getting tired of sitting on the edge of my seat counting the days. To quote Randy: "This is bullshit!"

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Mar 24 2011, 05:15 AM, said:

This I wrote on March 18 on the GBX forums ;)

maybe they finally took your advice Jobi! ;)

From Randy on Twitter literally two seconds ago:
Yes, it's real. Yes, it's necessary. Yes, we know everyone is going to make a big deal about it. No, we didn't plan it.

This post has been edited by ferran275: 24 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

The delay will allways be remembered as the biggest prank in gaming history. This would have made a classic plot for a prank.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

If this is real, it is a mistake.
If this is not real, it is a mistake.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options