Duke4.net Forums: Is Duke Nukem Forever Demo going to be released on 1st April 2011? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Duke Nukem Forever Demo going to be released on 1st April 2011?  "What is your opinion?"

Poll: What is your opinion? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Duke Nukem Forever Demo going to be released on 1st April 2011?

1. Yes (24 votes [58.54%])

Percentage of vote: 58.54%

2. No (17 votes [41.46%])

Percentage of vote: 41.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostVinsaneOne, on Mar 19 2011, 10:35 PM, said:

I think they know everyone will expect the demo on April 1st. So when (if) they say there will be an announcement made on that day, people will be thinking "Yea! Demo"! Here's the April Fools joke. A new trailer/TV commercial is released! Mind you, it's a probability.

and then release it as a big 'just kidding' on the 3rd, exactly one month from release, makes the most sense...

User is offline   Gurty 

After reading the Russian publisher website 1C Company i think it comes in the first week of April.

All users who have made pre-orders for Duke Nukem Forever through our site gain access to the First Access Club, closed resources with exclusive materials about the game, as well as a closed demo game for four weeks before the official start of sales.

http://translate.google.nl/translate?js=n&...219&act=url

This post has been edited by Gurty: 20 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

I think 1st april is bullshit
It does fit perfectly with last years april's fools, the pigcop joke, the demo "joke" etc.. ( and yes i do realise these jokes were some 2-4 years ago. )
But that would be too funny if the demo will be released on the 1st, it's improbable though.
So i vote no.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 21 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

View Postthemaniacboy, on Mar 20 2011, 03:11 PM, said:

I think 1st april is bullshit
It does fit perfectly with last years april's fools, the pigcop joke, the demo "joke" etc.. ( and yes i do realise these jokes were some 2-4 years ago. )
But that would be too funny if the demo will be released on the 1st, it's improbable though.
So i vote no.

wait.. what?

View Postzwieback, on Mar 21 2011, 07:06 AM, said:

wait.. what?

^this

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDI-MeisterM, on Mar 19 2011, 08:33 AM, said:

They can use the .EXE information of the demo for retail.

I'm going to call utter bullshit on this one.

Unless the Demo has any data regarding the retail title's copy protection, there's no way in hell there could be anything useful in it for pirates to do anything whatsoever.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Mar 21 2011, 08:17 AM, said:

I'm going to call utter bullshit on this one.

Unless the Demo has any data regarding the retail title's copy protection, there's no way in hell there could be anything useful in it for pirates to do anything whatsoever.

exactly.

User is offline   Honza 

View Postzwieback, on Mar 21 2011, 07:36 PM, said:

exactly.

You're both wrong - for example Bioshock's demo has been used as first "crack".

User is offline   Psyrgery 

I don't count on it

View Postzwieback, on Mar 21 2011, 03:06 PM, said:

wait.. what?

Yes, fileplanet released some over 1gb material that had the filename "DNF Demo".
It contained Duke Nukem 3D sounds.

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

If they don't put out the demo on april first they would be missing the window on when duke nukem was suppose to be released later year.

Plus they would be pissing off alot of DNF fans. Just saying..

Marketing wise if they don't do it.. it will just hurt the game more and piss off more buyers.

Most the old DNF fan base is gone or doesn't care anymore, until they actually get to play the game.

I am the guy who would actually talk to George over instant messanger and give him ideas. I was a highschool student at the time inspired to become a game designer and a amazing artist.
I would always find it strange that George would take the time and actually respond back and listen to my ideas.
I would also be the guy who would go around to christmas partys and talk to 3drealms employee's who are now not associated with 3drealms and quit.
So I know the dark side to 3D realms as well.

So if anyone wants to hear about that let me know.

I am now a game designer looking for a job.
I am just glad to see a bunch of the stuff I told George to put into DNF he has done so far by what i've seen in the trailers.

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 22 2011, 12:27 PM, said:

If they don't put out the demo on april first they would be missing the window on when duke nukem was suppose to be released later year.

Marketing wise if they don't do it.. it will just hurt the game more and piss off more buyers.

Most the old DNF fan base is gone or doesn't care anymore, until they actually get to play the game.

I am the guy who would actually talk to George over instant messanger and give him ideas. I was a highschool student at the time inspired to become a game designer and a amazing artist.
I would always find it strange that George would take the time and actually respond back and listen to my ideas.
I would also be the guy who would go around to christmas partys and talk to 3drealms employee's who are now not associated with 3drealms and quit.

I am just glad to see a bunch of the stuff I told George to put into DNF he has done so far by what i've seen in the trailers.

WOW!

So your ideas are in the game!? that is SOOOO COOL!!!!

did you tell him he should put guns in the game? or maybe there should be like, women and stuff in it?

That is so awesome and I'm so glad a slimer has finally come forward after all these years to tell us that his ideas are seen in the little media we've been given.

THANK THE LORD JEEBUS

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that I can ask you questions about your supersecret conversations with Mr. Broussard you had and know I will get awesome, positive feedback.

lady luck has smiled on us duke4.net! we now have an insider!

;)

User is offline   Montykoro 

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 22 2011, 04:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

sadly I am not trolling...

frankly I wish I was... if you want to believe George didn't have the time to talk to people on the net.
Why don't you go check out a place called shacknews.com where he would constantly be posting and talking to people, instead of actually posting on the 3drealms.com forums!

You can go on believing that.. he didn't waste time.. or the fact he had some texture artist quit because after the guy would change the textures on a character. George would show up and ask him to do it over again and again. So the guy got fucking fed up and quit, because he didn't see how the way the team was dis-organised that things would get done. Frankly I am surprised the game is even finished. But that is really due to people who decided to finish the game and gearbox. But if those elements didn't exist the game would still be unfinished and found years later. Like the Game "Starfox 2" which some guy finally released on to the net.
Nintendo could have made money on the game but refused to release it.

That is one of the darker sides to 3drealms.

Concerning ideas we would mostly talk about stuff which should be in DNF, for example in the trailer you see duke grabbing a pig cop.
We talked about how first person shooters should have more of the ability to grab objects and enemies.

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 22 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

the stuff you write is interesting, it also tells me that you're a little attention whore and very sure about your skills and influence on dnf which i - no offense - doubt is that big.

This post has been edited by zwieback: 22 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

View Postzwieback, on Mar 22 2011, 01:34 PM, said:

the stuff you write is interesting, it also tells me that you're a little attention whore and very sure about your skills and influence on dnf which i - no offense - doubt is that big.

I talked to George on a certain instant messager program for many years. Frankly I could careless if he listened to my advice or not.
Sounds to me like someone is jealous.

Also if I was a attention whore I would have posted a long time ago. But I knew the game was possibly never going to come out.

You can see why many associated with the project havn't said anything or other people cause you guys just tell them to **** off.

Yet the real people to thank for Duke Nukem Forever for coming out are Randy the people at Gearbox and the boys who worked their asses off in garages, who were let go by Georgy. Not disrespecting George... but he did alot of dumb things.

George in my opinion wanted to make sure duke nukem forever was perfect but he lost sight of that... Why? Because I think the main reason.. why he couldn't get it done is because of people like you.

No matter what.. you won't be happy with what he did.. frankly I will be because I tried to help him create the most perfect FPS game possible.

So go **** yourself.

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 22 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I saw a alien once...
Ok, not really. But if I ever did, I would not mention it because of the social issues.
"Sometimes it is better to tell a believable lie, than an unbelievable truth."

I have no further comment your honor.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

DNF demo will be released on May 7. Wouldn't that suck...

Anyway, all this speculation is boring, you guys are boring.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 22 2011, 10:20 PM, said:

DNF demo will be released on May 7. Wouldn't that suck...

Anyway, all this speculation is boring, you guys are boring.
Hey Mr.Fibble... since I didn't speculate, can I be not boring?

View PostMrBlackCat, on Mar 22 2011, 07:50 PM, said:

I saw a alien once...
Ok, not really. But if I ever did, I would not mention it because of the social issues.
"Sometimes it is better to tell a believable lie, than an unbelievable truth."

I have no further comment your honor.

You just answered your own question you know that right?
Now you probably understand why the government doesn't talk about it or let people see real map images of the moon or other things.
If you think it is all a lie - suggest you goto a website called the blackvault - they have plenty of u.s. government documents.
Thanks to the Freedom Information act and if you still think all of that is bull****.

Goto area 51 yourself - i've personally been on military base and seen shit you wouldn't believe.
-End of Transmission-

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 23 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

User is offline   ch108 

Hopefully there will be one out sometime early April.

It sure would be a waste of money for those in the early access club if there wasn't one.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostMrBlackCat, on Mar 23 2011, 12:02 AM, said:

Hey Mr.Fibble... since I didn't speculate, can I be not boring?

You're not boring. Well, you were more interesting when you posted your name at the end of every post.

Mr. Flibble

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 23 2011, 04:16 AM, said:

You just answered your own question you know that right?
Now you probably understand why the government doesn't talk about it or let people see real map images of the moon or other things.
If you think it is all a lie - suggest you goto a website called the blackvault - they have plenty of u.s. government documents.
Thanks to the Freedom Information act and if you still think all of that is bull****.

Goto area 51 yourself - i've personally been on military base and seen shit you wouldn't believe.
-End of Transmission-

I have answered no question of my own.
I vote your "post" is a believable lie... as opposed to an unbelievable truth.

"If you think it is all a lie..." WTH?! "It's all..."! Now you switched to government conspiracies?"

Yeah... I am going to just drive up to Area 51. I will tell them I typed with you on a "certain chat program" and I am sure they will call off the Black Helicopters and let me RIGHT in to see "unbelievable shit". I know... I will just go as a pizza delivery guy. That always works. "I have a pizza for some guy named Zork... said he was from Alpha Centauri."

Humor you:
The probability of your post being true might exist, but what difference would it make if it were? You can't prove any of it... just like the alien I wish I could see and keep to myself.

That is where you screw up... lets use my alien example. Most people who believe they see aliens are full of crap. My belief is this... if you actually saw an Alien, or typed with George and actually believe someone of his arrogance/confidence took advice from ANYONE (e.g. you) then you are probably almost psychotic.

The idea that there is some "little" advisor behind "big" people is the stuff of literature from around the world for centuries. Most of it is myth short of kings with wise men type advisors.

You are not GB's advisor. (yep, I went on out there and said it) Unless George B comes in here and defends you, there is no point in your post, even if it were true.

Even if what you say is true, it DOES NOT MATTER and sharing it with us serves no purpose but to draw attention to yourself... which on Duke4 is not going to be attention you are likely looking for... unless you like being tarred and feathered for being a liar.

There are things in this world you can know, that come with the responsibility built into just knowing them, to just keep it to yourself.

Other flaws... to claim such audacious things as you have, a "real" person would present it logically. Like "I suggested this exact thing (insert thing) and you can find it in the game in this video (here) and here is the transcript of our exchange.
THAT is how a real person would do it.

Presenting such claims with an emotional/social base is where I see through you. You are vague, defensive and it matters to you if we believe you... otherwise you would not have "shared it".

What did you expect? A real person would already have thought out the implications of the idea some little guy was George B's advisor on 3D Realms Flagship game... and if it were true, they would have the humility to keep it to themselves and smile on the inside. It could be your little secret...

Just because most everyone here is a gamer doesn't mean we are naive or children.

***switch back to pretend mode***
So it was YOU who held the game up for all these years with all your suggestions to George! He was working SO hard trying to get your suggestions into the game he could never finish! OMG!

Guys, we need to be sure he doesn't get Randy Pitchfords "certain chat program" (wink, wink) so DNF won't get delayed anymore.

Threads like these with posters like you are why the argument for the internet being a bad place carry some weight. Grrr

Claws out...
MrBlackCat

View PostMr.Flibble, on Mar 23 2011, 08:12 AM, said:

You're not boring. Well, you were more interesting when you posted your name at the end of every post.

Mr. Flibble

LOL! I like how you bring whatever it is your bring to most threads... I guess it is Flibbleness... or Flibblesence maybe.

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 23 March 2011 - 05:33 AM

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 22 2011, 07:18 PM, said:

No matter what.. you won't be happy with what he did.. frankly I will be because I tried to help him create the most perfect FPS game possible.

So go **** yourself.

is that so? i'm a big fan of george and it is very sad that things didn't work out like they should have. i'm not jealous - you obviously just misunderstood my post or refused to understand it ;)

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 23 2011, 02:16 AM, said:

*bullshit*

can you please just... go away?

User is offline   flarty 

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 23 2011, 09:16 AM, said:

Now you probably understand why the government doesn't talk about it or let people see real map images of the moon

Yes because people don't buy their own telescopes for star gazing, hell you can see the surface of the moon pretty clearly with a good pair of binoculars. You sir are a fucktard

User is offline   Honza 

guys did you read the topic? If sou why is here (again) such mess?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postmuskydragon, on Mar 22 2011, 09:27 PM, said:

Uh, these fans have been waiting for the game for 14 years. Getting a demo just one month before the game's release should be of no significance.

View PostHonza, on Mar 23 2011, 05:56 PM, said:

guys did you read the topic? If sou why is here (again) such mess?

Sorry... I was trying to read about the release date possibly being April 1, but then out of NO WHERE this Nanners-Guy comes in to let us know how he is glad George B was wise enough to follow his suggestions for Duke Nukem Forever. I guess if we like it we can thank him or something. Then he started talking about having gone to Area 51 and seen crazy shit and then comments about government conspiracy and telling people to fuck off because they don't believe him?! This camel had a couple too many straws, you know? (insert sound of camel back breaking) and and and... it blew my mind... so...
I felt like that was hard-core enough to go off topic about... but I could be wrong.

On topic! ;)

I really do think it would be awesome if the game came out on April 1st just because... but if it isn't ready, it isn't. But other than some wishful thinking, I have no information to determine any truth to this. Where is Jobi? I am certain he has some formula based on the Duke Nukem Forever UPC symbol that codes the release date for the demo or something...

Actually I don't have a way to play it right now anyway... as I am buying a PS3 for the games release. But I hope you guys do get it. I want to come over and watch it at least... until I get my PS3 anyway. ;)

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostHonza, on Mar 21 2011, 04:16 PM, said:

You're both wrong - for example Bioshock's demo has been used as first "crack".

Nope, I'm not wrong. Like I said before, UNLESS IT HAS DATA REGARDING DRM, which Bioshock HAD (Which is completely fucking pointless in a demo, and even detrimental.)

The DRM situation around Bioshock was utter horseshit anyway.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 23 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options