Duke4.net Forums: Unknown 3dr Employees - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unknown 3dr Employees

look the members: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/3DR
time for a research about those employees and a mainsite news! You can actually find some info in the web about those guys. :)

Hehe, I have known about this for a while, Redsplat told me a day or two ago.

What are the unknown guys there to you ? I don't know who Raen3DR and Uzoal are, the rest are all known. Although jshwood was news to me, but I fairly quickly found out who he is(very likely anyways). Guf was also unknown too me but some searching online led me to believe he was a guy I already knew about prior to this.

What "info on the web have you found" ?

Btw, if I am correct then jshwood = Jay Brushwood and Guf = Chris Cummings.

View PostKristian Joensen, on Sep 21 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

Hehe, I have known about this for a while, Redsplat told me a day or two ago.

What are the unknown guys there to you ? I don't know who Raen3DR and Uzoal are, the rest are all known. Although jshwood was news to me, but I fairly quickly found out who he is(very likely anyways). Guf was also unknown too me but some searching online led me to believe he was a guy I already knew about prior to this.

What "info on the web have you found" ?

Btw, if I am correct then jshwood = Jay Brushwood and Guf = Chris Cummings.

here is my list of unknown names:
-Pete Knepley (Garland)
-Al360
-Rob Faison (Garland)
-ratman3DR (i think i heard his name some time ago)
-John Pollard (Mesquite)
-Raen3DR
-Uzoal
-Deathstalker (wow awesome nick) :)
-guf
-John Anderson (Garland)

Pete Knepley = Programmer they hired of the Microsoft Internet Explorer team. Website, Resume, MS Resignation letter.

Al360 likely and hopefully = Allen Blum, Level Designer, designed half the levels of the original Duke3D.

Rob Faison = Programmer they hired in 2003, he is the "dismemberment code" guy, mobygames profile.

Ratman3DR = Dave Ratti, programmer they hired in 2005, does AI Programming.

John Pollard = Programmer hired in 2001, credited for the E3 2001 trailer.

Raen3DR = I don't know this either.

Uzoal = Don't know either.

Deathstalker = H. Scott Maclean, Level Designer they hired from Ritual, website, resume.

Guf I have come to conclude is Chris Cummings, game designer, mobygames profile.

John Anderson = Level Designer hired in 1997 or so for the internal Prey team back then, moved to the DNF team when Prey was shelved.

View PostKristian Joensen, on Sep 21 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

Pete Knepley = Programmer they hired of the Microsoft Internet Explorer team. Website, Resume, MS Resignation letter.

Al360 likely and hopefully = Allen Blum, Level Designer, designed half the levels of the original Duke3D.

Rob Faison = Programmer they hired in 2003, he is the "dismemberment code" guy, mobygames profile.

Ratman3DR = Dave Ratti, programmer they hired in 2005, does AI Programming.

John Pollard = Programmer hired in 2001, credited for the E3 2001 trailer.

Raen3DR = I don't know this either.

Uzoal = Don't know either.

Deathstalker = H. Scott Maclean, Level Designer they hired from Ritual, website, resume.

Guf I have come to conclude is Chris Cummings, game designer, mobygames profile.

John Anderson = Level Designer hired in 1997 or so for the internal Prey team back then, moved to the DNF team when Prey was shelved.

oh thanks a lot Kristian. :)
i love to read Scott Maclean newsentries.
And also nice to see they have a dismemberment guy B)
I have to do some research about the AI guy.

omg from where you've got the resignation letter. Brided some guys? B)
(360 once again confirmed!)

And also nice to see they have a dismemberment guy

I think you misunderstood me, I am not saying he does nothing other dismemberment code, but I was making a reference to this post.

I have to do some research about the AI guy.

There isn't much out there to know as far as I know. But any info you can dig up is certainly welcome. He was hired in 2005, his hiring became publicly known in the forums, he and some other guys have a site here. The main part of that site is here.

According to his linkedin profile he is a University Of Michigan graduate that used to work as a "Web Programming Monkey" at a company called "Custom Data Solutions" there are several companies called that and I have yet to find out which one he worked for.

According to the same profile he is now a "AI Programming Ninja" at 3D Realms. He was part of Wolverine Soft while at University Of Michigan. They have a entry on him here.

This part of the ratfest site is related to that

Pete Knepley was also part of Wolverine Soft as can be seen here.

omg from where you've got the resignation letter. Brided some guys?

Nope a Google search, if you check out the url for the link to that document, you see that it is hosted on his site.

A bit unusual thing to put on the internet.

Edit:

omg from where you've got the resignation letter. Brided some guys?

Well yeah, see also the list of platforms for DNF that in this here.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

God Kristian I want to post that on the front page so badly, but it'd piss off 3DR. :)

Post what ? I don't follow.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostKristian Joensen, on Sep 21 2007, 01:30 PM, said:

Post what ? I don't follow.

I think he wants to post the updated list of employees you guys are talking about.

I see no harm in posting it Yatta. If it was found online, it's fair game imo. It's not like you guys hacked 3dr and found out who was working there.

Post away, the main page needs an update badly anyways.

:)

I don't get that we have posted news stories about 3DR employees previously

"Post away, the main page needs an update badly anyways."

And you need to be on Google Talk.

• Honored Donor

View PostKristian Joensen, on Sep 21 2007, 03:45 PM, said:

I don't get that we have posted news stories about 3DR employees previously

"Post away, the main page needs an update badly anyways."

And you need to be on Google Talk.

:)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

This new information is awesome! I agree with kaisersoze, a story about this new info should be posted on the news page of Duke4.net! :)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

It'd piss off Joe. I had a conversation about posting stuff about employee updates and he said he didn't like it. :)

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

As has been said, it's information that's already accessible to the public anyway, so where's the foul? Besides, isn't it Joe who always tells us to take 3DR rule-violating topics elsewhere?

• Honored Donor

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Sep 21 2007, 10:49 PM, said:

As has been said, it's information that's already accessible to the public anyway, so where's the foul? Besides, isn't it Joe who always tells us to take 3DR rule-violating topics elsewhere?

Exactly.

The information again was all culled from online sources. It's out there and readily available if you know where to look. If they(the individuals, not 3dr) didn't want this stuff public, they wouldn't have put it up on the web.

I say it's fair game to post an update to their employee situation.

I don't agree with Joe's opinion on this because 1) it's not his website to determine what should be posted here 2) the info is already out there.

When you start letting people influence your opinion/website like that, you lose some objectivity.

It's refreshing to come here and be able to talk about the game and situation without violating a rule or being sent a polite p.m. by Joe. :)

View PostYatta, on Sep 22 2007, 03:29 AM, said:

It'd piss off Joe. I had a conversation about posting stuff about employee updates and he said he didn't like it. :)

Wait, that conversation was in context of the main page of Duke4.net ? That isn't his fucking business at all. He has no right to meddle with that at all.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I see what this is leading to...

Guys, it's a amatter of Respect, and another matter of 'rights'...
Sure, we could post them 'news' on our page, but Joe has said he wouldn't like that at all...

If we want to be closely related to 3DR as a popular Fan website, i think it's better to avoid any conflicts that could lead to losing respect of the company...

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I don't think making it news would cause conflict or anything but the point is, it's just not newsworthy.
It looks desperate, maybe even foolish to post news on every insignificant thing or possible new employee that is found while stalking 3DRealms online. :)

If one of the developers hints about DNF on a personal site, blog or forum.
It's news!
Just knowing his name and what he does, is not. (unless it's levelord returning) B)

Right now i think it belongs here in the forum and not on the front page, no matter how deprived we are of real news.

But maybe it can be news if it's just focused on the steam group, and that it's cool that you can follow George in a game of Team fortress 2 or something, if he even plays on public servers. I don't know. I don't care for it, but something like that might work.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Well we made a compromise... didn't include all the juicy info on the resume and the stuff in Kristian's post, but did post a news item nonetheless. :)

View PostYatta, on Sep 22 2007, 07:37 PM, said:

Well we made a compromise... didn't include all the juicy info on the resume and the stuff in Kristian's post, but did post a news item nonetheless. :)

thanks for linking to my thread. B)

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostRedSplat, on Sep 22 2007, 07:07 AM, said:

But maybe it can be news if it's just focused on the steam group, and that it's cool that you can follow George in a game of Team fortress 2 or something, if he even plays on public servers.

It would be interesting if you could join a game with George and ask him about DNF. :) It'd be even cooler to play a Counter-Strike Source match with George and the team and spray tags all over the level that said something like "When's it coming out?" B)

User is offline   Micki! 

I think that news post is about right... Saying 3DR have made something that is similar to an "employee page" could deffenately be concidered as a kind of news... :)

ultra tree 85!, the following is taken from the annoucement section of that steam community group:

TF2 Server
posted by grendel @ 06:27AM on September 21, 2007
My friend and I have a server running at 72.22.89.171:27015. Add it to your favorites! :)

Edit:

Also when they are playing TF2(for instance) there appears a "join" button/link beneath their names.

User is offline   Micki! 

Kristian, igot TF2 beta now... Perhaps i can catch up with him sometime...

That said, i'd play with anyone actually :)

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

Nevermind.

View PostKristian Joensen, on Sep 22 2007, 06:52 AM, said:

Wait, that conversation was in context of the main page of Duke4.net ? That isn't his fucking business at all. He has no right to meddle with that at all.

I would like to point out I have not done what I've been accused of here. Thank you. If you want to discuss it further send me an email or something. I just don't like being publicly blasted for something I did not do.

View Postultra tree 85!, on Sep 22 2007, 07:42 PM, said:

It would be interesting if you could join a game with George and ask him about DNF. :) It'd be even cooler to play a Counter-Strike Source match with George and the team and spray tags all over the level that said something like "When's it coming out?" B)

YOU might think that's funny.

That's part of the reason you don't see us like that, because of EXACTLY stuff lik that. B)

Joe, I herby publicly apologize for and retract the above statement you quote in your post. I do so unconditionally.

User is offline   Micki! 

Welcome to Duke4.net's Forums Joe, i'm happy to see you joining here on our forums... :)

User is offline   Joe3DR 

• 3D Realms Staff

View PostMicki!, on Sep 24 2007, 03:21 PM, said:

Welcome to Duke4.net's Forums Joe, i'm happy to see you joining here on our forums... :)

I'm not really "joining". I just came to defend myself for the remark above.

User is offline   Lead 

Regardless of what is fair game or not, that could be pretty lame to be trying to sit down at night and play an online game with friends and have people asking you questions that you don't want to hear and probably can't answer anyway.

User is offline   trackit 

Haha, nice to see Joe on the forums as user :) Lets put up some sticky for him lol

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options