• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Overman, on 19 August 2020 - 10:25 PM, said:

I looked at it a bit. It's about vehicles that have an excessive amount of messaging on them. It clearly has nothing to do with schizophrenia, but someone thought it would be cute to name the subreddit that. It's the name of the subreddit that's at issue. People in it (that I saw) are not making claims about mental illness and I doubt that they actually believe that the vehicle owners are schizophrenic.

It's reasonable to ask that the name of it be changed, but the posts themselves are fine (from what I saw).

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostDanukem, on 19 August 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

I looked at it a bit. It's about vehicles that have an excessive amount of messaging on them. It clearly has nothing to do with schizophrenia, but someone thought it would be cute to name the subreddit that. It's the name of the subreddit that's at issue. People in it (that I saw) are not making claims about mental illness and I doubt that they actually believe that the vehicle owners are schizophrenic.

It's reasonable to ask that the name of it be changed, but the posts themselves are fine (from what I saw).

That is fair
however the mod himself in his
pinned post links a bunch of similar subreddits that don't have the name
r/infowarriorrides is literally the source of posts for
r/schizophreniarides most of the time

I don't have any problem with the moderator,
he seems fine,
I said the same thing to him, he agreed with me
and said I shouldn't be there

Which I agree with
the fact that I shouldn't be there

but nonetheless it shouldn't be tied with schizophrenia,
if it wasn't there'd be no issue
There are people from the schizophrenia subreddit including myself that have confronted people in there,
and they were bedazzled that it wasn't an accurate representation,
which was very shocking to be honest, and a bit sad, becuase they seemed nice, just clearly ignorant.
although you may assume as I did that they don't think a certain way at least some of them do,
and this subreddit doesn't at all aid them in obtaining an accurate, healthy ,sensible, or reasonable portrayal of the illness,

And again I didn't want to force anyones hand which is why I linked the subreddit itself so people could make their own decision.

Anyways a subreddit ban wouldn't ban the people afaik
all I know is the mod can't delete it
I can't even delete mine
I just learned that
and the mod can't change the name either

So it falls upon the reddit mods

This post has been edited by The Overman: 20 August 2020 - 12:00 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

>backseat moderating

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostR A D A Я, on 20 August 2020 - 03:36 AM, said:

>backseat moderating

>reporting an injustice to the authorities

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Shutup.

User is offline   Jeff 

Uh oh, not good...
Attached Image: nas_drive_fail.png

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJeff, on 21 August 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Uh oh, not good...
Attachment nas_drive_fail.png

That doesn't look good,
but that's why I pay money to have a rudimentary backup on mega
and a backup on an external ssd,
(albeit both are expensive)
I hope it goes well

User is offline   Jeff 

ISP gives me "unlimited data" although it probably won't let me upload 9 TB of data.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 22 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostJeff, on 22 August 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

ISP gives me "unlimited data" although it probably won't let me upload 9 TB of data.

https://www.backblaz...arge_files.html

https://www.backblaz...ge-pricing.html

It does let you but it looks like extra costs are associated.

I might be wrong as personal backup and b2storage seem to be totally different products.

https://uk.pcmag.com...19996/backblaze

since pcmag doesn't denote any extra costs and denotes a poor user experience as the main reason for a poor review
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to backup 9TB

This post has been edited by The Overman: 22 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

Wrong sub

This post has been edited by The Overman: 22 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

• Balls of Steel Forever

User is offline   Sanek 

Coffee. Love it and hate it. Had a cup last evening so it'll stimulate me during the next 5 hours before I go to bed. Instead it only started its effect 5 hours later and I didn't sleep the night like at all. Great.

Jackie Chan losing his mansion that a big shocker right there.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Posted Image

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

very inaccurate depiction

no real redneck would put bumper stickers across their pickup tailgate in a way that would prevent said redneck from opening the tailgate without ripping their precious decals

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View PostForge, on 02 September 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

no real redneck would put bumper stickers across their pickup tailgate in a way that would prevent said redneck from opening the tailgate without ripping their precious decals

In other words: fake news propaganda.

• Balls of Steel Forever

Posted Image
However
Posted Image

User is offline   NNC 

I'm not sure where to post this, but I checked the AMC today, and it seems dead. I hadn't post there in at least 8 years, but it still has its place in my heart as my first exposure to this community. Alejandro, Grijan, James, Sang, Mikko, Stef, Fakir, LAW, the Oostrums etc. Most of them disappeared.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 03 September 2020 - 10:32 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

the Oostrums both just released maps recently.
James and Sang are still working on the next addition to AMC TC
Mikko is still friends wih James and Sang and stays in contact with them

the rest I haven't heard from in awhile

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 September 2020 - 10:48 PM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

As if these lunatics know how the world works outside of their bubble.

User is online   ck3D 

View PostSanek, on 01 September 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Coffee. Love it and hate it. Had a cup last evening so it'll stimulate me during the next 5 hours before I go to bed. Instead it only started its effect 5 hours later and I didn't sleep the night like at all. Great.

I drink so much coffee (I literally keep making more throughout the day without counting) I can barely feel the effects of caffeine anymore which is both a shame and a blessing. Kind of weird the effect kicked in so late for you here, maybe it just lasted for a while and you just didn't feel it at first (when you were active and until you tried sleeping that is). My worst coffee story was in Bali I think, just prior to hitting the airport and leave back home I found a restaurant that had infinite coffee refills with cafetieres just sitting there, I had a few hours to kill so I sipped through many, many cups then left and then only in the bus to the airport the effect of it all suddenly kicked in at once. I was sweating and having palpitations and even though I never get anxiety, that's the only time I suffered the closest thing to such an attack because it was just such a vicious circle with the worst timing ever, having to go through security and everything feeling so much stress even though I usually never give a shit about flying anywhere otherwise. I had to pass out for hours once aboard to wake up feeling somewhat fresh. Not as bad as the time I got food poisoning at the airport just before departing South America (IIRC roughly a 30-hour ride counting all the connections everywhere and means of public transportation) and had to get a sketchy shot of something, though, that fucking sucked.

Apparently it can actually be pretty cool to get coffee just prior to taking a nap, too. I have a friend who keeps doing it saying he then gets a different type of sleep and then wakes up only half an hour later but with their head cleared. I've tried it before but I don't think I'm sensitive enough to caffeine for that to work with me.

And about AMC, yeah, it went down a while ago actually. The Watchtower, most of the members you mentioned are still (more or less) on here though.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 04 September 2020 - 09:14 AM

• Balls of Steel Forever

View Postck3D, on 04 September 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

I drink so much coffee (I literally keep making more throughout the day without counting) I can barely feel the effects of caffeine anymore which is both a shame and a blessing. Kind of weird the effect kicked in so late for you here, maybe it just lasted for a while and you just didn't feel it at first (when you were active and until you tried sleeping that is). My worst coffee story was in Bali I think, just prior to hitting the airport and leave back home I found a restaurant that had infinite coffee refills with cafetieres just sitting there, I had a few hours to kill so I sipped through many, many cups then left and then only in the bus to the airport the effect of it all suddenly kicked in at once. I was sweating and having palpitations and even though I never get anxiety, that's the only time I suffered the closest thing to such an attack because it was just such a vicious circle with the worst timing ever, having to go through security and everything feeling so much stress even though I usually never give a shit about flying anywhere otherwise. I had to pass out for hours once aboard to wake up feeling somewhat fresh. Not as bad as the time I got food poisoning at the airport just before departing South America (IIRC roughly a 30-hour ride counting all the connections everywhere and means of public transportation) and had to get a sketchy shot of something, though, that fucking sucked.

Apparently it can actually be pretty cool to get coffee just prior to taking a nap, too. I have a friend who keeps doing it saying he then gets a different type of sleep and then wakes up only half an hour later but with their head cleared. I've tried it before but I don't think I'm sensitive enough to caffeine for that to work with me.

I am the prime example of a former caffeine abuser.

My daily caffeine intake was ~1500 mg of caffeine.
5 caffeine pills and 32 oz of cold brew.

even when I was taking in excess of 2200 mg, it was literally just a normal day for me.
caffeine has little to no effect on me anymore,
I took it because of the crash mainly
so I could get better sleep.

I developed hypertension,
and was recommended by my doctors to lower my caffeine usage,
got sleeping pills to solve the insomnia issue.

The high amount of seroquel causes me to be groggy though,
and 400 mg seems to help fight that grogginess just enough to make it tolerable,
so I just take 2 caffeine pills a day.

Nutricost, and bulk supplements from amazon have the least amount of filler,
and are cheaper and more convenient in the long run then coffee or other alternatives,
(besides caffeine powder and liquid derivatives which I don't recommend as very little can kill you)
1 pill is about 3-6 cents on amazon and is equivalent to ~2-2.5 8 oz. cups of regular coffee.
in comparison 2 8 oz. cups of coffee made with folgers when bought in bulk from amazon is ~7-8 cents for 2 cups,
and caffeine pills offer a more consistent output then energy drinks, coffee, tea, whatever.

This post has been edited by The Overman: 04 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

User is offline   NNC 

Actually I had a conversation with Mikko a good year ago about Sigil, and he updates his site frequently. However I still miss his sensible mind from this board.
I actually saw James and Merlijn posting here occasionally, and indeed, both the Oostrums released their maps recently.

I haven't heard about Sang or Geoffrey/Fakir for a while. Their adorable bullshit were part of the AMC experience though.

User is online   ck3D 

^ Both of them have an account on here, they just don't post very often.

View PostThe Overman, on 04 September 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

I am the prime example of a former caffeine abuser.

My daily caffeine intake was ~1500 mg of caffeine.
5 caffeine pills and 32 oz of cold brew.

even when I was taking in excess of 2200 mg, it was literally just a normal day for me.
caffeine has little to no effect on me anymore,
I took it because of the crash mainly
so I could get better sleep.

I developed hypertension,
and was recommended by my doctors to lower my caffeine usage,
got sleeping pills to solve the insomnia issue.

The high amount of seroquel causes me to be groggy though,
and 400 mg seems to help fight that grogginess just enough to make it tolerable,
so I just take 2 caffeine pills a day.

Nutricost, and bulk supplements from amazon have the least amount of filler,
and are cheaper and more convenient in the long run then coffee or other alternatives,
(besides caffeine powder and liquid derivatives which I don't recommend as very little can kill you)
1 pill is about 3-6 cents on amazon and is equivalent to ~2-2.5 8 oz. cups of regular coffee.
in comparison 2 8 oz. cups of coffee made with folgers when bought in bulk from amazon is ~7-8 cents for 2 cups,
and caffeine pills offer a more consistent output then energy drinks, coffee, tea, whatever.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I don't think I'm one for pills myself, the act and savor of sipping on coffee throughout the day is what I appreciate. I'm not exactly chasing the caffeine rush since I'm naturally more of the hyper type, so what actually does me good is stuff that slows me down and helps me organize my thoughts (in my personal and not necessarily recommended case weed which I abuse even more than coffee). Maybe paradoxically I'm also very wary of the quality of whatever it is I choose to put inside my system, favoring everything organic so while (good quality) coffee and tea I'm very much into, energy drinks I won't touch nowadays, those are just not on the same level of toxicity and all marketing aside it's all canned poison the athletes endorsing those companies won't drink themselves (it's water in those cans instead; speaks volumes IMO).

This post has been edited by ck3D: 05 September 2020 - 02:03 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

@ck3D that's the interesting thing you friend have with coffee, but I don't think I'll ever try that. I never had the same problems you had with coffee, but I can understand your frustration.
So yeah, that's why I drink coffee only in the morning, and tea is more like the evening routine. I drink 2 cups of tea every night (without sugar) and don't have any trouble with sleep after it.

And yeah, it's a shame about AMC. I was banned there for about 14 years though, but I hoped I proved myself good enough over the years to deserve the unban...sadly, it doesn't matter anymore

This post has been edited by Sanek: 05 September 2020 - 02:54 AM

User is online   ck3D 

Wow you were banned on AMC? Didn't remember the moderating over there was so rigid, then again that was a different era too. Site had been dead for years anyway so you didn't miss out on anything but a bunch of posts between Sang and James in the Butterfly Collecting Forums.

Yeah I'll do tea too whenever coffee isn't available or if it's late and I feel like chilling instead of stimulating brain activity, I enjoy it just as much. I'm also the name with no sugar nor milk nor anything in my coffee or tea either.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 05 September 2020 - 03:00 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

Well I did something that's very bad that put a black mark on me for years and I also have a long war with Gambini, Commander and Forge and all. I was 13 years old then and didn't know shit about anything. It's all dust now.

I stopped adding sugar and milk to a tea a long time ago. I add both to coffee though.

You should have a couple of cups of coffee and then go to a skate park to see if helps any. :)

• Balls of Steel Forever

View Postck3D, on 05 September 2020 - 02:02 AM, said:

^ Both of them have an account on here, they just don't post very often.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I don't think I'm one for pills myself, the act and savor of sipping on coffee throughout the day is what I appreciate. I'm not exactly chasing the caffeine rush since I'm naturally more of the hyper type, so what actually does me good is stuff that slows me down and helps me organize my thoughts (in my personal and not necessarily recommended case weed which I abuse even more than coffee). Maybe paradoxically I'm also very wary of the quality of whatever it is I choose to put inside my system, favoring everything organic so while (good quality) coffee and tea I'm very much into, energy drinks I won't touch nowadays, those are just not on the same level of toxicity and all marketing aside it's all canned poison the athletes endorsing those companies won't drink themselves (it's water in those cans instead; speaks volumes IMO).

GMO Coffee doesn't exist
Reference #2
Reference #3
All of the countries that grow coffee beans don't use gmos.
Obviously additives can be gmo, but additives are easy to spot (read the label), and not very common.

So putting Non gmo on a bag doesn't actually mean anything.
Folgers is non gmo they just don't pay for certification because it's unnecessary.

Flavor profile is the most important thing with coffee IMO and there's alot of things that distinguish that.
Non GMO is not something you should pay extra for.

I still get coffee every once in a while
I used to buy stumptown heavily
As the owner would pay insane amounts well above the fair trade amount for coffee
No one else did that shit until after he did it
(I always buy fair trade and direct trade when I can as I don't want to support slavery)
Stumptown got bought out by JAB holdings which is the biggest coffee company in the world
their portfolio is insane

The owner Duane still oversaw some of it to my knowledge
as he still owns the original store afaik

And the coffee still had the taste profile of kicking your ass.
Along with the same farms that every high end coffee brand uses nowadays
with some special ones since they now have an infinite amount of money.

However he made another coffee company just recently
Puff coffee roasters
Guy is one of the few people that wants to change the coffee industry
He was the big guy behind the third wave
even though he was a sellout.

If you want to know that the farmers were paid a very respectful amount
Buy from him.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by The Overman: 05 September 2020 - 05:49 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

A Latina friend let me in on a little secret, Cafe Bustelo is the best cheap brand of coffee you can buy just about anywhere in the US, although in some areas you might have to go to a Mexican market or at the very least the "ethnic" foods aisle to find it. It's strong shit. It says its for espresso, but you can just use it like regular coffee. It's pretty intense to drink black, but it's good, especially with a pinch of salt. I typically just add a touch of Almond Joy flavoured creamer, because I find the coconut, chocolate, and almond notes round out the bitterness.

I've pretty much stopped drinking coffee altogether these past few months since I'm not working due to this pandemic bullshit. I think the caffeine withdrawals are what fucked up my sleep pattern (even more than it already was.) I'd drink 2-6 cups of coffee a day at work. It's definitely a form of self medication for me because I should be on Dexedrine for my ADHD but I don't have health insurance so I can't afford to go to a doctor every three months to keep my prescription. Allegedly jet pilots use that shit on overnight missions. I was on it for about 2 years though and it was great for my physical and mental health.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 05 September 2020 - 04:43 AM

User is online   ck3D 

The Overman I should have specified, by 'organic' I meant literally organic as in stuff that comes from the Earth and isn't (unreasonably) polluted with synthetic materials in general, not necessarily non-GMO products, good quality tea and coffee fall into that category but now energy drinks are synthetic to the max and I really don't think anything good can come out of those for me that coffee doesn't already fix. Also the process of brewing is important to me, ideally I'll get fresh beans that I grind myself and then I have half a dozen of manual coffee making devices at home to pick from depending on what style I'm into (I mostly stick to the French press, Chemex or moka pot though).

On a side note I remember visiting South America a few years back and being excited at the idea of finding good local coffee there only to realize there was none to be found and the locals would mostly drink shitty instant coffee; apparently it's common for producers there (tempted by the extra money) to just export all the good stuff to the point where they don't keep anything for themselves. Later I also visited Brazil and thinking about it now I can't remember how the coffee situation was there but that's because they had mate and açaí bowls which more than sufficed to retain my attention the whole time.

View PostSanek, on 05 September 2020 - 03:31 AM, said:

You should have a couple of cups of coffee and then go to a skate park to see if helps any. :)

That really got me because it's been an inherent part of the program for years, you have no idea. People have told me countless times how it's really obvious in my style that I'm essentially running on coffee and weed, too.

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options