• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostHank, on 07 May 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yeah. They should have posted this video with a disclaimer:

:: WARNING :: Raw footage of one of the most exiting events that happened in a small Canadian town, in decades. The entire local police force was in action.

second disclaimer: I'm a typical canadian idiot that calls police arresting someone for a plastic gun "Trump".
Dems are gun grabbers, not conserves.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

forever young ;)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: forever young.jpg

User is offline   Hank 

from Chou M Z

Posted Image

more here
https://mzchou.artst...projects/rRYOYE

User is offline   Hank 

I could not do it with my eyes open ...
https://imgur.com/gallery/37Jm85l

User is offline   Sanek 

I know it'll look very silly, but...I just made my own version of the old Klondike game!
https://manicware.it...klondike-saloon

I always wanted to play this game with the actual wild west atmosphere. Sure, there's solitaire games set on the old west being made before, but they all have cartoon-ish like graphics, which is not what I wanted...so I made version based on my own expectations.
It's rough around the edges and it's all-round not perfect solitaire game, but it's playable and it's FREE if anybody's interested in games like these....

P.S. I'm not going to make a thread in games section about this game so i posted it here

User is offline   Mark 

View PostHank, on 23 May 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

I could not do it with my eyes open ...
https://imgur.com/gallery/37Jm85l

Its not as difficult as it looks. You only have to hit any edge of the card to send it flying. I think a lot of semi-skilled "chuckers" could do it with a bit of practice.

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 May 2020 - 05:52 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSanek, on 23 May 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

I always wanted to play this game with the actual wild west atmosphere.

There you go!
Cheers!
And keep it up!
No joking. ;)
One never knows what makes a hit. :P

@ Mark - fine! Giselle tried it and ehm, no coke, for a week now. :)

This post has been edited by Hank: 23 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

User is offline   Mark 

practice with empty bottles or just the card on the table edge ;)

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image
you died

User is offline   HulkNukem 

We are officially moving out of California this weekend.

Sad to see friends and family 'go' but excited to get out and into somewhere new.

Now to scare the locals about threatening to bring the politics and taxes of California with us...

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

aahhahahahahaa. STAY IN CALIFORNIA IF YOU'RE GONNA DO THAT.

User is offline   Hank 

Best Wishes

My keyboard died today, it was 7 years old. i'll hopefully get a new one next week,but for now i'm stuck with the on-screen keyboard. no gaming fo me :) ,and i was doing my first ever run of the AMC TC, just finished episode 1 last night, and loved it. dammit.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Filed under K for kitty.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: kitty cabinet.jpg

User is offline   Mark 

Has anyone else noticed the complete lack of split pea soup of any brand at stores for the last 2-3 months? I've shopped at 4 stores, checked online at 2 and have not spotted a single can of it. Hoarding or a shortage? Google search didn't reveal anything other than yellow split peas being used as soy substitute in the vegan world. But nothing about green split pea shortages. Making it from scratch is something I do occasionally but its a lot of work. I'd rather just pop open a can. I really miss it.

This post has been edited by Mark: 13 June 2020 - 06:29 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Still can't find Pea soup.
I was happy to hear that the movie theatre chain in my city was reopening. I had been going every weekend for many years. Its a big part of my life.
However, after reading all the restrictions I sadly won't be going.The deal breaker was they will not accept cash. If you don't use a credit or debit card
you must place your cash into a kiosk they set up in the lobby which will issue you a gift card. That along with the good chance of not being able to choose the seat I want because of their social distancing rules set up inside has convinced me they are not ready for my business. :)

This post has been edited by Mark: 21 June 2020 - 09:00 AM

User is offline   Hank 

n/m

This post has been edited by Hank: 21 June 2020 - 01:29 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

Sometimes I feel kinda sad that CGS forums is basically a ghost town now, and those who once visited the place's kinda responsible for it.
After DNR forums crashed, that's what supposed to be our new home, and for a few years the place was full of activity. Maps' being released, Forge's making reviews and Puritan's posting "Mapper of the Month" interviews. A few years later, there's almost zero activity going on
Perhaps it's only the observation of mine, but I think that people visited CGS because of the people who hanged there and didn't bother to register here on Duke4. When those people finally moved here, people stopped showing up on CGS. Who knows, maybe if some us only had CGS as a go-to place, maybe it would still have it's former glory. I don't blame anybody, but I wonder what would've been if people visit CGS as much as when it all started.

User is offline   Hank 

^ My best maps are still there, with high marks. I'm grateful for this.
I’m still here, because I love Ion Fury, and to rant. :)

This post has been edited by Hank: 03 July 2020 - 07:33 PM

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

I hate the fact that they have to do an unlimited number and infinite variety of downtrodden boy teen romance movies.
But I will watch this one, and judge it incredibly harshly.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 03 July 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Sometimes I feel kinda sad that CGS forums is basically a ghost town now,

Puritan still uploads maps. Only really old ones get reviewed though.
As for the forum, it was moderated with a heavy hand, so people migrated to the other major forum that respected people's opinions (until Yatta stepped back)

User is offline   Mark 

Years ago I tried getting on that site. IIRC I signed up ( or requested to join, I forgot which ) and waited for confirmation that never came. I inquired about it again later, got no response and gave up on that site.

User is offline   Forge 

That was originally my responsibility. When Puritan removed me from the forum admin role due to differences of opinion, he prob forgot to change the notification setting to go to him, so your request got sent to a dead letter inbox that nobody checked.

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

• Balls of Steel Forever

I permanently ended contact with my best friend today.

I've been trying to contact her off and on for the past handful of months, and absolutely nothing.

We used to talk all the time, she was the only person other than family that called me every day while I was in the psych ward.

I relied on her for my psychotic episodes and talking about things that I needed kept secret as we were very much alike with just about everything and I could relate to her as we both experienced psychosis.

I finally got in contact with her today, I stated my name, and she hung up with no explanation.

I have no vague idea why she's acting like this.

So, that was my last time trying to get in touch with her, I sent her a respectful message saying that I had deleted her number and it was good bye.

This is definitely going to leave a gaping hole in my life, but it is what it is.

Sure fate will serve me with someone like her one day.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostThe Overman, on 21 July 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

I permanently ended contact with my best friend today.

I've been trying to contact her off and on for the past handful of months, and absolutely nothing.

We used to talk all the time, she was the only person other than family that called me every day while I was in the psych ward.

I relied on her for my psychotic episodes and talking about things that I needed kept secret as we were very much alike with just about everything and I could relate to her as we both experienced psychosis.

I finally got in contact with her today, I stated my name, and she hung up with no explanation.

I have no vague idea why she's acting like this.

So, that was my last time trying to get in touch with her, I sent her a respectful message saying that I had deleted her number and it was good bye.

This is definitely going to leave a gaping hole in my life, but it is what it is.

Sure fate will serve me with someone like her one day.

Friendships where you relate to each other based on how shit your lives are never end well.

Usually it's the person just wanting to move on. Sometimes you're a reminder of how bad their life used to be, or currently is (if you're doing better than they are), or what they wish they could leave behind.

Then again, I once knew a schizophrenic who would suddenly freak out at me and imagine all kinds of weird scenarios in their head in which I was the enemy or involved in some grand conspiracy that sought to destroy them. Didn't talk to that person for about a year, but they eventually came back.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostCartaphilus, on 21 July 2020 - 02:18 AM, said:

Friendships where you relate to each other based on how shit your lives are never end well.

Usually it's the person just wanting to move on. Sometimes you're a reminder of how bad their life used to be, or currently is (if you're doing better than they are), or what they wish they could leave behind.

Then again, I once knew a schizophrenic who would suddenly freak out at me and imagine all kinds of weird scenarios in their head in which I was the enemy or involved in some grand conspiracy that sought to destroy them. Didn't talk to that person for about a year, but they eventually came back.

Yeah I didn't ever flip out on her, most of my time is spent in isolation because of general paranoia.

She has bpd with recurrent psychotic depression so sometimes she's very distant, but it's never for months.

It wasn't solely talking about how shit our lives were, we talked about everything, and I mean everything.

Hot actors and actresses, sexual experiences, relationships, general stuff that was going on in our lives.

We had a lot of similarities, I always joked around that we were twins seperated at birth, she agreed with that statement.

It's just so incredibly odd that a seemingly good friendship ended without some form of clarification.

If this happened a couple of months ago, I probably wouldn't be able to handle myself, so I'm getting better at emotional control.

But fuck, closure would be nice you know?

I had to call one of my exfriends that had a genuine reason to be an exfriend, I called because I wanted to talk about a new negative I was experiencing, and I felt I needed somebody who could relate, to talk about it.

She answered and it was fairly good conversation.

The man that thinks everyone deserves hell, thinks that he deserves closure, I know it's a contradiction.

But fuck it hurts.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Give it time mate. I "waited" as much as 3 years to get closure from a few people, but it did come.

If you want random, off-topic memes, I have a fuck tonne of 'em. lotsa spicy shitpost memes worth laughing at.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: breaking-news (5).png

This post has been edited by DukeMeister44: 21 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Sanek 

@Forge So Puritan was the reason people left CGS? I was there, and I don't remember that it as you had just described. Or maybe I didn't read the threads that caused all this.

@Hank excuse me, but...who are you? What nickname did you have when you made maps? Man, I feel so embarrassed right now. :)

Anyway. I can't help it, but every time when I visit CGS, I have that scene from Lion King in my head, when Simba returns to Pride Rock:

Posted Image

I wonder what would be if DNR forums wasn't closed.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSanek, on 21 July 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

@Forge So Puritan was the reason people left CGS? I was there, and I don't remember that it as you had just described. Or maybe I didn't read the threads that caused all this.

Puritan deleted a bunch of posts. Then he posted that he didn't give a damn about the forum and could delete the entire thing and remove it from the site for all he cared.
I was removed from forum admin shortly after that because I didn't agree with post deletion & felt that he should let me run it as I saw fit since it was supposed to be my responsibility.
'Course I also told him in private that if he didn't care about the forum, wasn't letting me manage it, & wasn't letting me have any control on uploads and reviews after they were posted, then he really didn't need me at all. He agreed and gave his reasons as to why things were they way they were. So we went our separate ways on friendly terms. He provided the platform, I provided most of the content; in the end, the owner of the platform has the final say & I'm fine with it. We're still good.

I'm going to assume that without Kim, Numan would have run everyone out of the DN-R forum because of heavy handed moderation & creative editing of other people's posts.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 July 2020 - 07:49 PM

Share this topic:

• 738 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options