Duke4.net Forums: The Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 737 Pages +
  • « First
  • 724
  • 725
  • 726
  • 727
  • 728
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Post Thread

#21751

Who said that what i read and wrote is sane? ;)
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21752

View PostThe Battlelord, on 01 March 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

Who said that what i read and wrote is sane? ;)

it would be similar to claiming everyone believed the earth was flat until 1492.

i think you mixed delusional with insanity.
an attempt to double entendre this will still be delusional
triple entendre would be dividing by zero and is grounds for discussing a tenuous grasp of reality.
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#21753

I'll bet that if we got together out from behind our keyboards we would all be able to agree on a lot of clear-cut examples of insanity (such as acute paranoid schizophrenia) and/or poor mental health (such as chronic depression). It's amazing how most talk about personal and cultural relativity disappears when people are smacked in the face with reality instead of musing about abstract concepts.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21754

are you threatening me?
0

#21755

@Forge: Possible, and honestly i am a donkey in history, i remember things i read a life ago and i dont' even check on the internet to be sure (useless if is to solve important things) i think is more funny and natural this way ;).
By the way i've always considered history something to avoid, who knows what is true or false for real.

@Dan: Let's take in case that If WE get out togheter and talking about this stuff, i presume that our faces will become quite red from the laughs, but this is in OUR case.
I tried something similar with some old friends and we laughed so hard , tried with some new friends and they started to look at me like a weirdo, then i've ironically told them that i was about to end the weird conversation talking with one of their chairs, guess what? They took it pretty seriously rofl.
Another time in the car, no one was talking, then, after about 1 min i said to everyone to shut up please, they took this seriously too, "do you have headache?" LMAO.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 02 March 2020 - 12:19 AM

0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21756

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 March 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'll bet that if we got together out from behind our keyboards we would all be able to agree on a lot of clear-cut examples of insanity (such as acute paranoid schizophrenia) and/or poor mental health (such as chronic depression).

I have both, and I prefer the term different.
0

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

  • Balls of Steel Forever

#21757

https://youtu.be/B05BrLhYoU8

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 02 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21758

Taking Cosmo to the vet tomorrow for a checkup. Hasn't had one in 16 years, so it's about time for one.
2

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21759

View PostYatta, on 23 August 2009 - 01:38 AM, said:

Fuck man I need to get laid.

Any hot girls on this website that want to fuck a webmaster?

Inappropriate.
Fox should lock this thread immediately before the femnazis show up with yeast waffles smothered in smegma sauce
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21760

So the results are in.

-Arthritis
-Dental problems

Vet recommends wet cat food, but that stuff makes me gag and retch every time I open a can of it. Only fed him once with it, as a gift from someone.

He also got a shot of something that was kind of like a painkiller or lubricant for joints. Something called Carprofen. We injected it into his upper back.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 05 March 2020 - 07:31 PM

1

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21761

View PostJeff, on 05 March 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

So the results are in.

-Arthritis
-Dental problems

Vet recommends wet cat food, but that stuff makes me gag and retch every time I open a can of it. Only fed him once with it, as a gift from someone.

He also got a shot of something that was kind of like a painkiller or lubricant for joints. Something called Carprofen. We injected it into his upper back.

if that's all, your cat is doing well and you're taking very good care of Cosmo.
Carprofen is basically Naproxin. An anti-inflammatory for arthritis. If your cat is moving slow and stiff, you might want to look into getting him a prescription for some pills.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21762

View PostYatta, on 25 October 2009 - 03:03 PM, said:

How old is she? ;)

I'd still maintain my views regardless of it being Lotan or not. :lol:

With that said, let's suck cocks together.

Shocking.
Offensive.

how is this acceptable?
Where's a fair and impartial moderator when you need one?

This post has been edited by Forge: 05 March 2020 - 08:55 PM

2

User is offline   Jeff 

#21763

View PostForge, on 05 March 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

if that's all, your cat is doing well and you're taking very good care of Cosmo.
Carprofen is basically Naproxin. An anti-inflammatory for arthritis. If your cat is moving slow and stiff, you might want to look into getting him a prescription for some pills.


We'll see. Don't know if my health plan covers animal meds. Wish there was a way to have the moisture of wet cat food without the horrible smell it comes with. I give him fresh water every day, but the vet said there needs to be more moisture in his diet to keep his kidneys functioning properly.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 05 March 2020 - 10:16 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21764

View PostJeff, on 05 March 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

We'll see. Don't know if my health plan covers animal meds. Wish there was a way to have the moisture of wet cat food without the horrible smell it comes with. I give him fresh water every day, but the vet said there needs to be more moisture in his diet to keep his kidneys functioning properly.

If you have Cosmo on a feeding schedule, you can probably soak his food before giving it to him, then throw away whatever he doesn't eat after 30 minutes.
If he's free-range feeding & eats whenever he wants from a large bowl, you can give him water mixed with meat only baby-food to make a 'soup' for him.
not sure what meat only baby food smells like though
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21765

So put in the Royal Canin Aging stuff and dump water over it? I usually feed him in the morning, half cup once a day as directed. He usually picks away at it during the course of the day.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21766

i don't know the part water per part food mixture is, but I wouldn't recommend leaving it out for more than an hour because it'll turn into a petri dish of bacteria
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21767

View PostForge, on 06 March 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

i don't know the part water per part food mixture is, but I wouldn't recommend leaving it out for more than an hour because it'll turn into a petri dish of bacteria


Does the same apply for the wet food? I fed him a can in the morning.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21768

View PostJeff, on 06 March 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Does the same apply for the wet food? I fed him a can in the morning.

yes
but you can serve a quarter or half the can and put the rest in a tupperware container, or ziplock bag & into the fridge if he's not going to eat it all in one sitting.

if you can't stand the smell of the wet food, though, you can always just mix in some tuna and/or pollock oil with its kibble

This post has been edited by Forge: 06 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21769

Posted Image
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21770

View PostForge, on 06 March 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

yes
but you can serve a quarter or half the can and put the rest in a tupperware container, or ziplock bag & into the fridge if he's not going to eat it all in one sitting.

if you can't stand the smell of the wet food, though, you can always just mix in some tuna and/or pollock oil with its kibble


The can says he needs like 1 1/2 cans for a 13 pound cat. He only finished half of it yesterday.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 07 March 2020 - 09:37 AM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#21771

View PostJeff, on 07 March 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

The can says he needs like 1 1/2 cans for a 13 pound cat. He only finished half of it yesterday.


That's just marketing because they want to sell more cat food. Half a can plus dry food is fine.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21772

View PostJeff, on 07 March 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

The can says he needs like 1 1/2 cans for a 13 pound cat. He only finished half of it yesterday.

maybe he needs to be fed twice a day. Half can in the morning, half can in the evening. Mix in a little kibble at each meal.
0

User is offline   Jeff 

#21773

Today he seems a bit more livelier. He was moving around more, jumped up on my desk, and did a long leap off the desk onto the floor from his back legs. Aside from the shot the vet gave him, I also bought some glucosamine from the pet store down the street.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 07 March 2020 - 05:38 PM

0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21774

View PostJeff, on 07 March 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Today he seems a bit more livelier. He was moving around more, jumped up on my desk, and did a long leap off the desk onto the floor from his back legs. Aside from the shot the vet gave him, I also bought some glucosamine from the pet store down the street.

whichever is cheaper. glucosamine or pollock oil

pollock oil helps with more than just joint lubrication, though

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2020 - 06:19 PM

0

User is offline   Definitely Not Robman 

  • Banned

#21775

Greetings! The name's Woody, just thought I'd pop the ol' post cherry and say hi. Mighty fine forum for a killer classic game.
1

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#21776

hello.
most people use the duke4 discord.
the few people that do hang around here are tight nit and have trust issues because of false accusations against one of the Administrator / Game Developers that runs this site.
that and the recurrence of certain people with serious social issues that get banned and make new accounts behind vpns, tors, or proxies.

most outsiders think this is some kind of hate-den. It's not. People just get tired of being labeled.
Just do you, and everything will be fine.

oh, and if Jimmy, Martyr, Lola, or whatever zer calls zerself this month hits on you; be flattered, not offended.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2020 - 10:42 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#21777

View PostForge, on 07 March 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

oh, and if Jimmy, Martyr, Lola, or whatever zer calls zerself this month hits on you; be flattered, not offended.


How inappropriate to ask someone not to be offended by unwanted attention!

Just ignore Forge, we're all chill here and get along swimmingly. Welcome to the forum, Woody!


https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/4843564411_c9cc4ab688_b.jpg
1

User is offline   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

#21778

Andy's mom also have some toys called Buzz and Woody.
1

User is offline   Jeff 

#21779

Some sites claim that without ads, their sites wouldn't exist. That having an adblocker basically puts sites out of business. Any truth in this, or is it just BS? I don't know anyone who clicks on or likes ads. I'm not a fan of sites which make ads mandatory. They give you a choice between personalized ads, or random ads, but there's no "I don't want ads" option. Some sites even detect you have an adblocker and force you to disable it or leave.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 08 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

0

User is offline   HulkNukem 

#21780

Websites that don't allow you to enter if they detect adblock are annoying, but what I really can't stand are the ads that when they load in they make the webpage bounce around and after a bit of time (likely when the ad ends) the page bounces back again.
That shits on some forums too, how is it enjoyable to be reading a post only for it to move halfway through reading?
1

Share this topic:


  • 737 Pages +
  • « First
  • 724
  • 725
  • 726
  • 727
  • 728
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options