Duke4.net Forums: A world map I'm working on. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A world map I'm working on.

User is offline   NerdZilla 

Some pictures of a world map I'm working on at about 20% Max size. Using parts based on some trigonometric and geometry math. I made landscape parts that that join together. To make hills, slopes that are more dynamic.
From there I'm fineshing my floor plan for a city. That is kind of based to work just like a real city lay out.

So far I have a limited number of buildings with only one that is truly fictional. And the ferry system (ships) and buses are yet to be added. But you get the picture of detail.

POST NOTE: I just added a beta map. There have been a few changes made to boost fame rate. I hope you guys will like this.

To play? Unzip the folder into your E-duke folder. Then start E-duke and the folder in the E-duke's start up. Hollywood Holocaust will be replaced by this map.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0009.jpg

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 05 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It's interesting. Are you just building it for fun or do you plan to do something with it?

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 4 2011, 10:13 AM, said:

It's interesting. Are you just building it for fun or do you plan to do something with it?

To be honest, I was hoping to catch your attention. Or someone at your skill of editing duke3d's game play. I was hoping to put together a mod that is software friendly.

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 05 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It does look somewhat interesting, but realistically DT would have his hands tied with WGRealms 2, (and to a lesser extent, attrition and dukeplus) a TC which has proven to be of incredible quality and success and still has a great deal more potential on the coding side, or at least a necessity to have bugs ironed out.

Edit: but you never know

This post has been edited by Micky C: 06 March 2011 - 03:07 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Nerdzilla:

If you still have a copy, could you attach again the test map you made a while ago that was just lots of grassy hills with a few trees on it?

After seeing this post I was reminded about it. I had already started modifying it with a few small buildings and more tree models. But I seem to have lost the map.

View PostMarked, on Mar 6 2011, 05:24 AM, said:

Nerdzilla:

If you still have a copy, could you attach again the test map you made a while ago that was just lots of grassy hills with a few trees on it?

After seeing this post I was reminded about it. I had already started modifying it with a few small buildings and more tree models. But I seem to have lost the map.

I'll see what I can do. But in this map. Are all the parts used to make that old map... So If you like? You could make something of your own? But I will look for that map.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

This map could have worked really well in Duke Nukem Red Alert if it wasn't using all that custom art. :P

View PostThe Commander, on Mar 7 2011, 06:41 AM, said:

This map could have worked really well in Duke Nukem Red Alert if it wasn't using all that custom art. :P

It's not hard to fix. I could hit Tab to copy a standard tile. And by holding -CTRL- and hitting -C-. Rather then hitting -V- on a wall or floor.
It would change all the tiles at ones. And fix all the custom tiles in minutes.

Hey, I'm going to be posting a much bigger map soon.

Posted Image

That's awesome... Yeah, we have to work together on something. That looks dope. You mite also like to see the new map. It's at about 35 to 40% max size.

Right now I'm trying get something that mite also be played on a android phone. That's why I'm trying to make sure software is playable with my mod.

At the moment I am concentrating on a map for WGR2.

View PostThe Commander, on Mar 12 2011, 02:27 PM, said:

At the moment I am concentrating on a map for WGR2.

Yeah, I need to find a download for that. I'll keep working on this map. We can talk later.
It's getting really big. And I expect it to fill out the full 524288 grid size (stable).

To see the size I'm talking about. Go into the commend menu, and spell. editorgridextent 524288

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 12 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

View PostNerdZilla, on Mar 13 2011, 11:46 AM, said:

Yeah, I need to find a download for that.

http://fissile.duke4...ssile_wgr2.html

I wasn't aware it was that hard to find when DT has been posting about it all week in his thread for it.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 12 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Well, I'm not always up to par on other peoples work. I have Duke3d plus. And I've tried your game. But I'm more focused on finishing these maps.

Here's a picture of whats being done. I've made more hill blocks. There is one elevation I should finish. But it's a lot of work.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0003.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0004.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0005.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0006.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0007.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0008.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0009.gif
  • Attached Image: capt0010.gif

This post has been edited by NerdZilla: 13 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostNerdZilla, on 12 March 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

Well, I'm not always up to par on other peoples work. I have Duke3d plus. And I've tried your game. But I'm more focused on finishing these maps.

Here's a picture of whats being done. I've made more hill blocks. There is one elevation I should finish. But it's a lot of work.

What happened to this, it looks great!

User is offline   eGraphics 

View PostMike Norvak, on 03 February 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

What happened to this, it looks great!

That was an old map I was working on (With the help of others.) in an old account I was using. Long story short ; I decided to sign off the internet because I was suffering from mental illness at the time. Truth is, I'm surprised to see it here. I think I'll finish this map one day.

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 09 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

• Music Producer

Sorry to hear that. And I'm glad you are better now :P
Still looks great today. Did you make that "small dukeplus battle map" right? It has the most realistic hills I have ever seen on build, I still have it somewhere in my hd.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 10 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostMike Norvak, on 09 July 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Sorry to hear that. And I'm glad you are better now :P
Still looks great today. Do you made that "small dukeplus battle map" right? It has the most realistic hills I have ever seen on build, I still have it somewhere in my hd.

That would be awesome if you sent me a copy of the map. Sounds like some other mappers might have finished it. If it is the one I'm thinking about.

• Music Producer

[quote name='eGraphics' timestamp='1499667351' post='281968']
That would be awesome if you sent me a copy of the map. Sounds like some other mappers might have finished it. If it is the one I'm thinking about.
Upps I can't attach files via Pm

I don't think there's any problem if I post it here. Right? I can delete later.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Hills.rar (34.35K)
    Number of downloads: 99

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 10 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

User is online   Dr.Panico 

View PostMike Norvak, on 10 July 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Upps I can't attach files via Pm

I don't think there's any problem if I post it here. Right? I can delete later.

The file is corrupted. I can't open it.

• Music Producer

Damn. I don't remember. Is possible to attach .map files directly in posts, would be easier that way.

View PostMike Norvak, on 10 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Damn. I don't remember. Is possible to attach .map files directly in posts, would be easier that way.

Don't worry. I was able to open it. You can send maps in a zip file if you like?

Here's an example.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Hills.zip (74.9K)
    Number of downloads: 105

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options