Duke4.net Forums: What we liked and disliked from the OXM article. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What we liked and disliked from the OXM article.

User is offline   Alithinos 

The OXM article,has some new info.
Let's talk about what we liked and what we hoped to be different!!

What I liked most was a bit of info about single player,and specifically that CIRCLE STRAFING IS BACK!!!!
:D :P :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
I loved that tactic,it stayed in my mind for all those years and I'm glad it's back!!!
Another thing I liked where the mutators.

The only thing I didn't liked was that jetpack isn't included in single player though. :D
But I'm sure modders will do something about it! :D
Oh,and another thing:
The first three pages of the article are full of single player spoilers! :D
They didn't had to tell us what happens at the levels with so much detail!!

This post has been edited by Alithinos: 02 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

View PostAlithinos, on Mar 3 2011, 12:16 AM, said:

The OXM article,has some new info.
Let's talk about what we liked and what we hoped to be different!!

What I liked most was a bit of info about single player,and specifically that CIRCLE STRAFING IS BACK!!!!
:D :P :D :D :D
I loved that tactic,it stayed in my mind for all those years and I'm glad it's back!!!
Another thing I liked where the mutators.

The only thing I didn't liked was that jetpack isn't included in single player though. :D
But I'm sure modders will do something about it! :D
Oh,and another thing:
The first three pages of the article are full of single player spoilers! :D
They didn't have to tell us what happens at the levels with so much detail!!

NO JETPACK? :D i find that har to believe

User is offline   Alithinos 

View Postduke4everman, on Mar 3 2011, 09:41 AM, said:

NO JETPACK? :P i find that har to believe

That's what the article says.
Hope they're wrong.

User is offline   flarty 

View PostAlithinos, on Mar 3 2011, 07:54 AM, said:

That's what the article says.
Hope they're wrong.

theres picture in the article of duke using jetpack during multiplayer.

User is offline   Stewox 

Well im not taking anything serious until i see PC information , this is just the console versions.

Liked: Most everything they said. Jetpack in multiplayer only is fine by me. The Multiplayer in general looks awesome. Trip-mines on other players is my favorite part out all that was said about it. Also the apparent Flamethrower weapon that was in some of the screens. They basically described the game as "Nostalgic and old-school, but in a refreshing and fun way". The new screenshots show the graphics semi-clearly, and it looks great. Also the second I host a multiplayer match, I am so putting it on "Heavy weapons, Railgun Only, Infinite Ammo" mode on the most tightly packed map I can find.

My favorite part is, despite how awesome the multiplayer looks, the single-player is still the crown jewel of the game in the advertising and the hype. That's what we're here for, and that's what Gearbox is delivering. We need more FPSes like that.

Disliked: Most of the Randy interview was pretty cookie cutter. Though it was nice to hear him explain why Duke's humor seems to work, and explaining that they aren't trying to "shock" you with the sexual stuff. The fairly limited amount of multiplayer modes was a downer. I mean I like that they aren't going to just have a crapload of modes no one gives a shit about (CoD), but 4 still seems low. The level system was a bit of a "Meh" thing for me. Sure it's EXCLUSIVELY for the cosmetic things, ala Halo: Reach, but it still feels like it is there to hook us with a grind mechanic. Also if the game doesn't have an unlockable clown suit, I'm gonna rage.

But overall, things are looking good for Duke for me.

View PostStewox, on Mar 3 2011, 03:13 PM, said:

Well im not taking anything serious until i see PC information , this is just the console versions.

Dude, aside from possible graphical tweaks, all 3 versions will be the exact same game. All the same features, all the same modes, and all the same one-liners. The only difference a PC preview would have had is that it would have been some kind of LAN set-up or something like that. I would bet you money that Gearbox would have said NOTHING of particular interest to PC players just because the guys played on PC. Especially since this preview was done in January, back when they were still fairly tight-lipped.

Everything that was said in console previews, said in the OXM preview, and any and all future previews will apply to the PC version as well unless they directly state otherwise. There is no reason to "Not take this info seriously" just because it's the console versions.

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 03 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

That's not a flamethrower, you can clearly see it's an RPG.

Can't a boy dream of sweet, napalmy, goodness?

User is offline   robotman5 

i liked everything in the OXM article.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options