Duke4.net Forums: Bug Team's bugs - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bug Team's bugs  "or how could we make engine's bugs useful"

User is offline   Mwyann 

I don't know if a lot of you are aware of this site: http://membres.multimania.fr/duke3d/

It's an old DUke3D team but who were using a lot of bugs in the different maps (look at the Bugs section in the menu). It's quite interesting to know them, specially in DM mode. BTW, please don't try to fix'em, just let them in, they don't prevent from playing the game in a normal way! It adds some fun, if you know how to use them (a lot are simple to do).

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Yeah, "bugs" are certainly fun and one more (admittedly not intentionally designed) detail that makes Duke3D so unique. For mappers it's certainly recommended reading, since there may be unwanted shortcuts when a map is built without them in mind.

User is offline   Skulldog 

That web site needs to be updated to year 2011. In has some nasty popups that are Adware or something.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostSkulldog, on Mar 1 2011, 12:47 AM, said:

That web site needs to be updated to year 2011. In has some nasty popups that are Adware or something.

The site has not been updated in almost a decade so that's a bit unlikely.

The site was one of the best, if not the best, usermap sites around back in the days, a true goldmine.

User is offline   Mwyann 

View PostHelixhorned, on Feb 28 2011, 10:20 PM, said:

Yeah, "bugs" are certainly fun and one more (admittedly not intentionally designed) detail that makes Duke3D so unique. For mappers it's certainly recommended reading, since there may be unwanted shortcuts when a map is built without them in mind.

Like in:
- E1L2, where you can bypass the blue access card by switching the button from the other side (Polymer shows that quite nicely, since the buttons are glowing through the wall)
- E3L5, where you can go under the broken door and finish the level in 5 to 10 seconds, tops
- E3L8, where you can go through the windows at the beginning of the level and finsh it very very fast too

There's other bugs like these (only mentioned the ones that let you skip a very large portion of the map and which were obvious anyway).

I wonder if some of the members of this DN3D team are around...?

(BTW, I didn't tested that, but can you play the demo files in eduke32?)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMwyann, on Mar 1 2011, 04:24 PM, said:

(BTW, I didn't tested that, but can you play the demo files in eduke32?)

The original demo files are not compatible with eduke32, same goes with save games etc.

User is offline   Mwyann 

Quick note to tell future users who would want to have a look to the aforementioned site, because Multimania sites are down now, I've put a mirror online for you to enjoy: https://www.last-host.org/duke3d/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options