Duke4.net Forums: More add-ons for HRP? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More add-ons for HRP?

Hello everyone,

I have been a big fan of DN for a long time with DN3D and DN64 being my favorites. I can't wait for DNF!

I am new to DN3D HRP add-ons. I've known about them for a year or two, but finally have a computer able to run the pack with little issues. I recently got the urge to play some DN3D and decided to try out the HRP. I downloaded HRPv4. EDuke32, DukePlus, and a music add-on from Duke4.net.

I was wondering where I can find some other add-ons? Maybe one that will make Duke talk more, or one that adds more blood/gore effects. I notice he doesn't talk much, and I've seen mods where he talks all the time.

Also, can you run multiple add-ons together? I like DukePlus a lot and would like to keep using it while playing.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

DukePlus is an eduke32 modification that can work either with or without the HRP, so I would not call it an HRP add-on.

Now that you mention it, it's difficult to think of many modifications that work with the HRP. The vast majority of them have their own custom 8-bit art or their own custom hi-res graphics that aren't compatible with the HRP. My own War of Attrition mod (download from link in my sig along with latest DukePlus) works pretty well with the HRP if you use the attrition_HRP.bat

But maybe what you really want are maps. You can get tons of great maps here: http://www.dukerepository.com/

The vast majority of them will work with the HRP and DukePlus. There are also 100+ great maps by various authors that I package with Attrition (almost all of which can be downloaded individually at DNE and other sites).

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 27 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You can also get the "xxx pack" from the same place you downloaded the HRP from. You can probably guess what it does...

View PostDeeperThought, on Feb 27 2011, 12:36 PM, said:

DukePlus is an eduke32 modification that can work either with or without the HRP, so I would not call it an HRP add-on.

Now that you mention it, it's difficult to think of many modifications that work with the HRP. The vast majority of them have their own custom 8-bit art or their own custom hi-res graphics that aren't compatible with the HRP. My own War of Attrition mod (download from link in my sig along with latest DukePlus) works pretty well with the HRP if you use the attrition_HRP.bat

But maybe what you really want are maps. You can get tons of great maps here: http://www.dukerepository.com/

The vast majority of them will work with the HRP and DukePlus. There are also 100+ great maps by various authors that I package with Attrition (almost all of which can be downloaded individually at DNE and other sites).

DukePlus you really outdid yourself. It's an amazing mod with a ton of cool features.

Funny thing, I was running around in "Bank Roll" last night and found a chart on the wall with the name "Deep T." on it and laughed. Did you put that in there?

Which DukePlus is the latest? I got mine from the Duke4.net downloads page. An update would be awesome if you have one.
What is the "War of Attrition" mod? What does it do?

I also have yet to try out the "Duke Plus Levels" so I will try those out before anything else.

I also have a problem with DukePlus. I read in the readme file that you can use flares to light up the surroundings by pressing the 'Use_Flare" key. This would be great since I use the Polymer renderer as well as the HRP, which makes the game VERY dark.

Well simply put, the flares don't work. I press the key, but nothing happens. I hold down the key, nothing happens. Not even a light source. Would be so much better if they did work. I've gotten completely lost in dark spaces which would take a second to maneuver if I could actually see where I was going. I've tried to use the flares with and without the polymer renderer and still nothing.

The flare thing is really my only problem.

Also in if you can in a future update of DukePlus: Make a command to make him talk more. There's nothing better then killing a ton of monsters and have him saying his one liners at the same time.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

The latest version is available at Fissile Materials (link in my signature). I'm not sure what version is on the duke4.net downloads page. Same with War of Attrition. Flares should spawn when you press the key assigned to them and they should emit light if you are using the Polymer renderer. There is an option to make Duke talk more in the DukePlus menu.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options