Duke4.net Forums: Phantom of the Opera parody - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Phantom of the Opera parody  "just a little video featuring custom Duke stuff"

I didn't even see a need to post the files here because it's not really playable (or worth playing), but figured I might as well post the link that others have been enjoying. If you're "in the know" of this stuff it's a lot funnier. Essentially it's a mockup of a game based on an internet campaign that has gotten way out of hand. I'd worked on videos about this topic before but felt tired of doing live stuff, so I decided to do something more simple-minded and abstract.

The game included a new map, custom textures, a somewhat modded Battlelord, and some modded weapons. Additional sounds and building destruction were done in post-production. (please don't kill me for not doing a proper C9 demo, but gawd, that would've taken forever to setup).

Yeah, I know some of the city looked bare but I was chasing a deadline and ran out of time. The whole thing was done in about three days and that includes learning time. I hadn't touched Duke modding since before the year 2000, and this project was also kinda thought up at the last moment as a way of killing two birds with one stone. I mainly did it as a relearning tool in preparation for my real modding project.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3HiCeUWgHQ0

One interesting thing about this vid is how positive the response was. Everyone loved it and a lot of people recognized that it was made in Duke Nukem 3D immediately.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 25 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Hmm yeah I don't get it. You could have easily gotten rid of the crosshair by hitting 'i'. Good luck with your upcoming modding project though

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options