• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Duke Nukem Forever will flop"  "Graphics aren't up to standards"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostRanger366, on Mar 4 2011, 03:59 AM, said:

Havn't read the XBox mag scans, i dont want to see media so far until i played it.
More healthy.

I'm sure DNF will have SO much stuff that there'll be plenty left to discover after reading what's in the magazine. Don't forget no one's even played past the first 6 levels yet!

User is offline   Jeff 

I play games which may not have good graphics, but they make up for it in other areas. For example, Unreal Tournament 2004 might be 7 or so years old, but the gameplay is still pretty good. There's also FSX, which was released in 2006, but I've upgraded it with high resolution satellite images and mesh, plus environment textures. We're talking Google Earth resolution here.

Graphics don't make games for me. Gameplay, and a good story does. But hey, if it's got good graphics, gameplay, and a story (eg. Mass Effect 2), then that's great.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 10 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

No, it will not. Even if the game sucks (what I don't think is the case) the game will sell well just becouse of the marketing, the franchise name and the development legend. Command & Conquer 4 was the worst piece of sick horse shit RTS I had the displeasure of imagine to play, and the game sold very f*cking well just because of it's strong title. -.-"

View PostJeff, on Mar 11 2011, 04:17 AM, said:

I play games which may not have good graphics, but they make up for it in other areas. For example, Unreal Tournament 2004 might be 7 or so years old, but the gameplay is still pretty good. There's also FSX, which was released in 2006, but I've upgraded it with high resolution satellite images and mesh, plus environment textures. We're talking Google Earth resolution here.

Graphics don't make games for me. Gameplay, and a good story does. But hey, if it's got good graphics, gameplay, and a story (eg. Mass Effect 2), then that's great.

That game may not have the best graphics today, but I'm sure I can say UT2004 still have some of the most detailed maps of any video-game. Even with a shitty story I still play this game sometimes, specially in Battlefield Onslaught mode. :P

By the way, what is FSX?

View PostLkMax, on Mar 11 2011, 05:57 AM, said:

By the way, what is FSX?

Flight Simulator X i think

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostLuther Blissett, on Mar 11 2011, 07:06 AM, said:

Flight Simulator X i think

Yup. I know some people call it Flight Sim X because X marks the spot, but it's actually version 10 of the program. FS2004 was version 9 and so on.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Or maybe X could just stand for 10.. like.. in Roman numerals. :P

User is offline   Guess Who 

Man, graphics are not the most important thing anymore.
A few years back it seemed to be a "race" to develop the best graphics, but nowadays almost all the games have good to awesome graphics. I´m not really worried anymore for the graphics, instead I´m looking for a very good gameplay and experience. That´s why I think this will be a revolutionary game on this generation. Hopefully this game will change the "interactive movie way" that modern FPS have.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

NERCROPOST

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

I call bullshit unless your friend can provide evidence!
Far as I know from talking to George the Demo isn't even released and the only people who have played the demo are the people working at Gearbox using beta testers who are in the QandA.

So Evidence or this guy is just being a troll. Well your so called friend anyways.

This post has been edited by muskydragon: 09 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

View Postmuskydragon, on 09 April 2011 - 10:45 PM, said:

I call bullshit unless your friend can provide evidence!
Far as I know from talking to George the Demo isn't even released and the only people who have played the demo are the people working at Gearbox using beta testers who are in the QandA.

So Evidence or this guy is just being a troll. Well your so called friend anyways.

I don't have any evidence, i don't care.
I agree that this game will not flop if the graphics are bad.
But stop reviving dead threads

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postmuskydragon, on 09 April 2011 - 10:45 PM, said:

PAX East, PAX West, the Vegas event and other places Gearbox has toured a demo.

Not the demo they plan to release for download, but a demo nonetheless.

So yes, a ton of people have actually played a demo of DNF.

View PostZor, on 10 April 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

PAX East, PAX West, the Vegas event and other places Gearbox has toured a demo.

Not the demo they plan to release for download, but a demo nonetheless.

So yes, a ton of people have actually played a demo of DNF.

I am talking about the finished demo XD

User is offline   ch108 

I think the graphics are fine and suit the game perfectly well. As long as the gameplay is good that's my main concern.

I still play Thief/Thief 2 over Thief Deadly Shadows because I find the game mechanics to be much better.

View Postch108, on 11 April 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

I think the graphics are fine and suit the game perfectly well. As long as the gameplay is good that's my main concern.

I still play Thief/Thief 2 over Thief Deadly Shadows because I find the game mechanics to be much better.

Yes, but i like old school games too, i play them much more then modern games.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Talking about graphics: Does anybody know which engine the game actually uses now? When I last checked (a long time ago), they were using Unreal, but is this still valid, or are they using a different technology?

Anyway, like many others said already, it's not only about how the game looks, it's about how it feels and plays. Lately, we have only seen "serious" shooters. It's time to bring back some fun. :dukegoof:

This post has been edited by NightFright: 16 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

View PostNightFright, on 16 April 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Talking about graphics: Does anybody know which engine the game actually uses now? When I last checked (a long time ago), they were using Unreal, but is this still valid, or are they using a different technology?

Anyway, like many others said already, it's not only about how the game looks, it's about how it feels and plays. Lately, we have only seen "serious" shooters. It's time to bring back some fun. :dukegoof:

OMG! I guess people are still lazy in using google! But if you wish to know they are using a moded improved version of the unreal 2 engine, basically become the duke engine, but yes it is still based off unreal 2 and whatever code they used to improve upon.

I think it was heavily modded unreal 2,5.

View PostJhect, on 16 April 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

I think it was heavily modded unreal 2,5.

Hello? Mcfly! ^read above

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hehe, remarkable though then that even the Duke3D remake will use a newer version of the Unreal engine, then (however, God knows how it will look if/when it actually is available). ^^ The game looks fine one way or the other to me, though. Maybe they even use the additional time gained by delaying the release date to tweak graphics a little more. Main thing is to get it released, anyway... :dukegoof:

This post has been edited by NightFright: 16 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostNightFright, on 16 April 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Randy said that the DNF engine is to the unreal engine as Valve's Source engine is to the Quake engine. In other words, everything has been re-written so many times (including the renderer at least twice) that you really can't call it the same engine. It's like saying Humans are apes. Yeah, we were all like apes a few million years ago... but we're humans now, completely different.

User is offline   Outtagum 

In other words... it's using the DNF engine, :dukegoof:

You are all wrong ( including me ) it will use, EDUKE32!!!!one

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options